What do you love and what do you want to be when you grow up?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Being able to eat what I want without repercussions. A loving Christian and mother not to mention positive.
That's easy , if "what you want" is what God wants. He never wants anything bad for us, does He ?

Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Being able to eat what I want without repercussions. A loving Christian and mother not to mention positive.

I wanted to be an Orca Trainer at Sea World when I grew up, but that didn't happen. I am an EMT though and help people that way through my job that sometimes goes beyond the job itself.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Let's go ahead and say out loud POSITIVE ! :)

Yes, always..... full of joy and full of peace continually like the Ekklesia in the NT.

Upvote 0

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely , in line with His Word totally.

That is not something I actually do. I feel as long as you aren't doing anything sinful your job is up to you.

Then again I don't believe God wants us to go to Him for every decision we make. I believe it is left up to us to decide, as I said, as long as it isn't sinful.

That could be a denominational thing though. Having been raised Catholic and now as an Episcopalian, we tend not to go to God for every decision we make.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That is not something I actually do. I feel as long as you aren't doing anything sinful your job is up to you.

Then again I don't believe God wants us to go to Him for every decision we make. I believe it is left up to us to decide, as I said, as long as it isn't sinful.

That could be a denominational thing though. Having been raised Catholic and now as an Episcopalian, we tend not to go to God for every decision we make.
I try to talk to him about everything.but I must admit I talk to him more about the little daily things than the big things which is the opposite of what it should be.

Upvote 0

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Let no one keep you from Jesus and from going to the Father in Heaven for EVERYTHING. (command: go to His Throne of Grace at once, when there is any need, for every need)

Everything that is not of faith is sin. (no matter what men say)

God's Word says we are to bring everything - even every thought and hope and dream, every deed, every word, to Jesus , submitting always to Him, everything.

I am not saying that the denomination keeps me from doing that. It just tends to be the way it is. It is also what I believe irrespective of the denomination.

My job choices are up to me as long as they aren't sinful. As someone else mentioned earlier on here that I read. The job that choose should be along our passions and skills. I am a helpful person and genuinely want to help people. That is a skill set that I have and am passionate about.

Being an Orca trainer wouldn't have been a skill set that I necessarily had, but would have learned. Although I am naturally good with most animals, cats still elude me.

Upvote 0

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
I try to talk to him about everything.but I must admit I talk to him more about the little daily things than the big things which is the opposite of what it should be.

Where as I am mostly the opposite. I do not believe we need to go to God every day on what to wear. I wear what I need to be comfortable in the heat of Florida. I cannot do that at work as I need to wear pants. We're not allowed to wear shorts unless we're at base.

Funny story about last Tuesday. I forgot to wear shorts under my pants or bring them with me. It gets hot at the base, as in dangerously hot and the only room that is air conditioned is the bunk room which is very small. There is only one crew on at a time and on Tuesdays I have a female partner. Yes, we sleep in the same bunk room, but not the same bed. We really have no choice if we want to sleep and stay cool. Anyway, I explained it to her and she was okay with me not having pants on as my underwear is basically spandex shorts anyway I messaged my girlfriend and explained the situation and she was okay with it as well. I did my best to make sure that I was under a sheet or blanket at all times so that I didn't show anything.

We laughed about it the whole shift which is 24 hours long.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
That is true perhaps, for pagans in the world. (choices apart from abiding in Jesus are all sinful)

If Jesus purchases you with such a great price, His Blood, then every part of you is His, and you are not your own.

If Jesus purchased you with His Blood, He is Lord, and He decides all things concerning you.

That is simply not what I believe in regards to all decisions, so I will leave it there and agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Rather search the Scripture, for I have told you what Scripture says.

I don't believe you want to disagree with the Messiah, do you ?

I don't disagree with Jesus, I disagree with you.

As I said, I will agree to disagree and not go any further.

Upvote 0