• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What do you look for in a potential spouse?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Zango11, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Zango11

Zango11 New Member

+7
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    If you’re considering one day getting married, what do you look for in a potential spouse? Also guys, just curious but do you plan on focussing on your career and journey with God first before considering pursuing a woman? If so how long do you reckon you would wait before persuing her?

I may as well start lol- I look for a Godly man who is deeply rooted in his faith, one who loves to help people, gentle and who is decisive. I also would prefer him to be slightly older and taller than me but appearances don’t matter much to me!

Can’t wait to hear everyone’s thoughts!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. GospelS

GospelS :) a land flowing with good news ✞ ✟ ✝ † Supporter

+1,913
    India
    Christian
    Single
    [I won't tell..hehe :D]

3. Rigatoni

Rigatoni Redeemed Resident Italian Supporter

+5,693
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Sincerity, compassion, femininity, honesty, respect, value, a genuine heart for God, passion, gentleness.

4. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+5,060
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    2 years down the road, she will not nag me 24/7 to become something I'm not

Nor shout at me at the top of her lungs.
    [​IMG] Really, some basic, practical stuff!!

5. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+11,105
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    I like guys who are friendly,funny,and Godly.

6. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Well-Known Member

+477
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I like traditional. Going to church, close to her family.

I think I need someone who 'gets' me. I have a history of anxiety. I've come a long ways, but I need someone who understands that history. That's a big one for me.

7. sampa

sampa Veteran

+863
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    So interestingly I did a little bit of thought on some of that as I've been going through the online dating experience. What I will be looking for versus what I put on my profile may be different, so as not to close off potentials that the Lord might have for me. The Lord can always change my thought process on somethings. As I date and have gotten closer to a serious relationship things have become more and more defined and I've been able to figure out what probably will work for me.

First of all someone who is compassionate and will understand the rest that I need for systemic lupus or the unpredictability of what can happen with that. Also a compassionate heart to be by my side when the time comes to take care of my parents and their land.

Humble and teachable heart

Fruits of the spirit demonstrated in some way and their life and growth.

Fiscally conservative and making plans for retirement.

Our conversation just flows and we never grow tired of talking with one another and listening and learning from one another.

They're different in some way that I can grow and they can grow.

Patience, an area I'm lacking in. Also patience with my lack of experience in relationships. Not having the expectations you might with someone who has been married before or in a long-term relationship. I don't come with the past hurts of past relationships but I do come with more hesitancy than maybe some others. It takes a lot to get into my bubble.

Active lifestyle and long-term plan for health.

Some kind of demonstrated Faith history that shows development and equal yoking. I prefer that he would be more of the teacher but I'm not going to be picky about that.

They have to be willing to relocate to where I live, since I cannot relocate for the next 10 years as I plan to look after my parents.

Big bonus, a nice voice. I'm usually attracted to certain types of voices. Another bonus would be if he is taller than me, I'm 5'8. I would love if he has traveled or lived abroad like myself, but I won't be picky about that either. I don't think I've dated or gone on dates with someone that is similar in that area. I just need someone with an open sense for adventure and has a willingness to understand a childlike spirit that I have.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021 at 7:56 PM
  8. sampa

sampa Veteran

+863
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others

9. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,472
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    - Be a born-again Christ follower.
    - Must not have a living spouse/ex spouse, no exceptions (Matthew 5:32, Matthew 7:24-27). If this means I remain single, then I'm going to remain single because I am not going to build my house on the sand of a union that is even potentially illegitimate.

- Be respectful, part of this is giving me space.
    - Honor agreements, even if you don't feel like it.
    - Be kind and forgiving.
    - Be honest, trustworthy, and open.
    - Take responsibility for your thoughts, words, and actions.
    - Be faithful to me and to God.
    - Don't overspend.
    - Give me bedroom fun freely and often.
    - Cook well (I'll even cook with you).
    - Be a good and responsible caretaker of children.
    - Have good, conservative values.
    - Avoid pseudo-factual conspiracy theories and hearsay.

- Be understanding and patient with me; I will probably be fighting some deep issues I have tooth and nail just trying to get a relationship established with you. Do not mistake this for desperation or for an unwillingness to work on myself.