Mount Desert Island
✟15,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a dog person myself. I have two. Growing up we had both dogs and cats, and dogs ended up being less of a hassle. My mom would always complain that cats would tear up the furniture and do a ridiculous amount of shedding. The last dog we had before I moved out shed quite a bit in his older years, but nothing too extreme.

Dogs all the way for me.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
For me it is dogs.
I like cats —at someone else's house. I feel sorry for them when the house smells like cats use it for an outhouse.

I love dogs. I don't like it when the owners scream at them instead of training them.

Both should have the ability to go out on their own, to do their business.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dogs can be some pretty ruthless hunters as well.

Our Jack Russell cross is a shocker with lizards. Every time he gets a chance he's off looking for them.

I've had dogs and cats. I'd have to echo Frith's advice in post #2 about looking after them. We're currently away from home for the better part of two weeks. We were fortunate enough to get seven nights free accommodation with friends and family, but we still have to pay for the other five... and the kennel (nearly as much again!!).

I like both. Sometimes I think I'd like a canine mate for Sputnik (the dog) but that would double the cost. Sometimes I think I'd like a cat, but my wife and Sputnik would disagree.

upload_2021-6-21_22-54-8.jpeg

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I looked up the breeds that are not shedders. Most of them are a type of terrier or poodle. I'm not big on poodles, but I like the look of terriers.
Our minds think the same....POODLES are more of higher class people than I am :) . I might consider an Airdale (Terrier) too, they would probably be alot cheaper to buy!

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
CATS! Meows and purrs sound much better than barks. No dogs have silky soft fur like many cats do. Cat tail language is beautiful and dogs cannot do nearly as much with their tails. Some dog breeds have flaps and underbites that cause slobbering; there are no such cats. I love some coat patterns that only exist in domestic cats. Of course, there is also the fact cats are contortionists who can groom themselves all over. I also like the ability to retract their claws only cats have. Using litterboxes is better than going outside to pee and poop, then wait for someone to clean up the mess.

All that said, I love dogs too and would be happy to have one if someone else did all the work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wilderness Cry

Jul 26, 2022
Olin
✟8,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
For me it is dogs.
Both have there pros and cons, but I prefer cats. Since we have had cats, we have seen no mice, or snakes outside or inside the house. Being that they love sleeping on the front porch, they make an awful racket should something or someone come on the porch, but not so much for the back porch.

Upvote 0

JohnC101

Aug 14, 2022
Orangeburg
✟71,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Personally, I'd go either way. Cats are easier to take care of than dogs, but dogs tend to be more affectionate and protective. Either way, they're big responsibilities that you have to consider before you get either or both.

May God bless your endeavors!

Upvote 0