What do you do when you feel that God has forgotten you?

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I really like Psalm 60, especially verse 10 when I feel this way. The Israelites thought God had forgotten about them, too. But He hadn't!
Psalm 60.10:
"The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

Psalm 90.12:
"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."

:)

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am going through a difficult times, at some times, I feel delighted in the lord, and at other times, I feel that God has forgotten about me... I am not sure what to do about these feelings?
Recognize that "feelings" come and go. E-Motion. Energy in motion. Realize, as well, that our old sinful nature would love for you to pull away from God altogether .... even think that He has abandoned you. At the same time, you are blessed to be embodied by the Holy Spirit, that Most Holy One that embraces and enlivens your Spiritual Nature. He is THERE in the midst of it all. (I get glory bumps just typing this). He never leaves, he never forsakes. He loves you!!

• Agree
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am going through a difficult times, at some times, I feel delighted in the lord, and at other times, I feel that God has forgotten about me... I am not sure what to do about these feelings?
For me, that is when “faith” is the tool that God uses to reassure me. There are been many times in my life when God has seemed absent, when heavy black shadows have weighed down on me, and my feelings have been those of despair and despondency. In those times, I remember the testimony of those from the Old and New Testaments, and my own previous encounters with God, and recall that He has promised to be with us always, whether or not I “feel” His presence. Feelings are fleeting, God is constant. At these times, I simply continue to live as if I felt Him, as if He were with me (because He is), trusting in His goodness, love and faithfulness. (Sometimes this is easier to do than at other times, I have to admit. My faith is not as strong as I would like...).

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 60.10:
"The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

Psalm 90.12:
"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."

:)
Psalm 60:10New International Version (NIV)
10 Is it not you, God, you who have now rejected us
and no longer go out with our armies?

Upvote 0