What do you do for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulnoel

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!!!
Apr 5, 2005
Cambridge UK
✟10,032.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
scootermom said:
What do the next few weeks hold for you? Excitement? Stress? Busy-ness? Lonliness? Indifference? Depression? Happiness?

Hi scootermom, ( I love the name ) Christmas? I love the run up to Christmas-The shopping for pressies for loved ones, The carol singing, Talking and sharing with others abot Christmas and the real meaning of it all. I just love everything about Christmas.

Thank God for Jesus!

Upvote 0

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Christmas is always a mixed bag for me. I love carols, but other songs, I only take in small doses. Christmas reminds me of what's lackiing in our life, money and extended family. My husband always loved to decorate, but he's been to ill the past 4 years. Our sons won't decorate because the don't want to take them down after the season. Typical teens, I guess.

I've always wanted a Maxwell House or Walton Family Christmas, I suppose. It's like my expectations are never met. At midnight on the 26th, I always feel relieved that it's over for another 11 months. This season seems to magnify my disability because I can't do the decorating, baking, mega shopping and all that makes for the warm, fuzzies during this time of year.

Upvote 0

clairefish

Trying to do the right thing.
Nov 24, 2005
texas
Visit site
✟5,883.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This will be my first Christmas alone, as my youngest daughter is getting married on 12/02 and I won't be able to go home. But, speaking of a Walton's Christmas, I do have my trusty vhs of their Christmas special and I suppose I'll curl up after services and pretend those are all my children gathered round.
:)
Then I'll go outside and wonder, like I always have, how the animals could know about Christ.
It will be grand!

Reactions: paulnoel
Upvote 0

Theresasjourney

Be Still And Know That He Is God!
Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well its kinda mixed ..feeling wise for me.
At times I am excited and childlike about it and its preperations~~
Other times I am sad and down~~
I do love the music~~the meaning~~the lights...all the good movies..cuddle down and watch them on TV during Dec..
Tree goes up right after Thanksgiving~~will be doing here soon.
Goes down day after...
We have our gift exchange on Christmas eve...after riding around and looking at lights after eve church service~~on Christmas day we go to grandkids house..where its crazy...lol..ther're are 5 of them.!

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
scootermom said:
How do you normally spend Christmas, fish?

Miggles, do you and you mother have other family nearby?

We used to put up our tree, etc. two weeks before Christmas.

Yes, we have family nearby and they will undoubtedly pop in. lol. And we used to put our tree up 2 weeks before Christmas, too. I don't know how we got earlier and earlier.

Upvote 0

tpony298

Aug 27, 2005
Penna.
✟8,547.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is funny to see this post tonight, two of my Grand children were here today, talking about Christmas. And it sure warmed my heart. God provides me with just enough to meet my needs. and lets my giving up to me...so I have to get creative....One of the tings I do is collect the Easter baskets and turn them into christmas baskets...In to the baskets go "Memories" a mcDonald's toy the kids had left in my car on an outing, Odd gadgets I have gathered up over the year. Everything has a story behind it. Some of the things are from my own child hood. and of course new crayons, and paper. some nitted booties or scarves that I have made over the year. little jars of jellies, cookies...just stuff.

Last year, I had 4 teenage Grand childer and worried over a gift for them. And went out and bought them each a nice gift, (I forget what it was) They were so disappointed that they didn't get a basket. So one of the things these two told me today was, "we want baskets". "they want memories" "they want adventures" one of the things these two want to do is put skiis on my wheel chair and take me ice scating. Now that would be an adventure!!!

But that is what we do. have adventures. I don't really decorate anymore either, I can't reach the roof.lol..I have a fiberoptic tree that between my husband we sitt up in the living room. He can't decorate either, had a atroke in March. and on christmas day my children let my husband I alone to have our privite time together.They will leave us a nice dinner, and let us sleep all day if we want

I love Christmas,,,It is the Birthday of our Lord...love Pony

Upvote 0

clairefish

Trying to do the right thing.
Nov 24, 2005
texas
Visit site
✟5,883.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
tpony298 said:
That is funny to see this post tonight, two of my Grand children were here today, talking about Christmas. And it sure warmed my heart. God provides me with just enough to meet my needs. and lets my giving up to me...so I have to get creative....One of the tings I do is collect the Easter baskets and turn them into christmas baskets...In to the baskets go "Memories" a mcDonald's toy the kids had left in my car on an outing, Odd gadgets I have gathered up over the year. Everything has a story behind it. Some of the things are from my own child hood. and of course new crayons, and paper. some nitted booties or scarves that I have made over the year. little jars of jellies, cookies...just stuff.

Last year, I had 4 teenage Grand childer and worried over a gift for them. And went out and bought them each a nice gift, (I forget what it was) They were so disappointed that they didn't get a basket. So one of the things these two told me today was, "we want baskets". "they want memories" "they want adventures" one of the things these two want to do is put skiis on my wheel chair and take me ice scating. Now that would be an adventure!!!

But that is what we do. have adventures. I don't really decorate anymore either, I can't reach the roof.lol..I have a fiberoptic tree that between my husband we sitt up in the living room. He can't decorate either, had a atroke in March. and on christmas day my children let my husband I alone to have our privite time together.They will leave us a nice dinner, and let us sleep all day if we want

I love Christmas,,,It is the Birthday of our Lord...love Pony

That is one of the most inspirational and uplifting Christmas stories I have ever read! And come Easter time next year, I'll be snagging the grand childrens baskets for sure.
Thank you so much for sharing that. I'll consider it a Christmas gift from a friend somewhere out there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tpony298

Aug 27, 2005
Penna.
✟8,547.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
clairefish said:
I'll consider it a Christmas gift from a friend somewhere out there.

It is nice to meet you, clairfish.
I am from Penna. where do you live? It is so cold here, but I stay.. for one reason...we usually have snow on Christmas. lol well, and for the grands of course...I have a baker's dozen. the oldest will soon be 15, Well actually the oldest three will soon be 15. Can you imagine 3 teenage birthdays in December...lol..Oh the stories I could tell.....love Pony

Upvote 0

Theresasjourney

Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
does anyone read the Christmas story with their kids/grandkids?
When our kids were growing up it was tradition to read the Christmas story out of the bible on Christmas eve..helped to keep the season in perspective~~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Theresasjourney

Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ya know~~we haven't done it for awhile with everyone grown...
WHY? I ask myself~`its still important and still applies..
I think its time to get back to it....even if it is just all adults here on Christmas eve now...

Upvote 0
N

nanajojo

Theresasjourney said:
ya know~~we haven't done it for awhile with everyone grown...
WHY? I ask myself~`its still important and still applies..
I think its time to get back to it....even if it is just all adults here on Christmas eve now...[/QUOTE

I think that sounds great !! I would love to do this on Christmas Eve.
I probably won't see my children that day. :cry: I really enjoy Christmas Eve.
it can be such a peaceful night. I always go outside late in the evening and look up to the stars . I can feel the presence of the lord out there on Christmas Eve.
fond memories of Christmas Eve, now that the kids are grown it is not the same , just a bit more peaceful;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.