What do you do about ... "Jesus is My Boyfriend" music.

WindHund

Prophet of Doom
Jul 1, 2013
USA
✟1,016,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have found an increasing commented on subject and one that is concerning to some men and that would be "Jesus is My Boyfriend" music. Noting that attendance and membership in church is markedly down among men compared to women, how should music directors handle this? I read one comment where in some songs if you replace the name of Jesus with "baby" you would have a Top40 hit. I almost think for some guys, worship music could almost be considered "homoerotic" and not really spiritual at all. I really think some "worship" music is not doing anything to promote worship of God with any sense of holiness.

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have found an increasing commented on subject and one that is concerning to some men and that would be "Jesus is My Boyfriend" music. Noting that attendance and membership in church is markedly down among men compared to women, how should music directors handle this? I read one comment where in some songs if you replace the name of Jesus with "baby" you would have a Top40 hit. I almost think for some guys, worship music could almost be considered "homoerotic" and not really spiritual at all. I really think some "worship" music is not doing anything to promote worship of God with any sense of holiness.

Definately a perversiveness when it comes to alot of the christian music today. It all feel good, evokes flesh with no Word, and it just borderlines pleasure. Its like people wanna make love to their partner, but don't wanna listen to them when they talk, or be loyal when required. One night stand gospel.

God have mercy on us.

• Winner
Reactions: Bro. Daniel
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise and Worship Music Forum Statement of Purpose

The Praise and Worship Music forum is for Christians to post videos, songs, and lyrics that glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, His name, the Father, and the Holy Spirit; and does not bring any of these into disrespect. This forum is for posting praise and worship music that honors our Lord and ministers to our hearts and our souls. This is a no debate forum. If you would like to share other genres of Christian music, please do so in the Christian Music forum.

The Christian Music forum is open to disscussions and debates:
Christian Music

Upvote 0