What do you believe about January 6th?

Did Trump supporters violently take over the capitol on January 6th.

• Yes.

Votes: 76 75.2%
  • No.

Votes: 25 24.8%

• Total voters

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟279,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Trump would have won the election instead of Biden and a group of people from the left would have pulled the same stunt, the left would be cheering instead of complaining. This is all about hate for Trump and as I have said before, “it doesn’t seem to matter what’s done to the left, all that seems to matter is WHO did it.”
Recall the march in January 2017.
The Women's March was a worldwide protest on January 21, 2017, the day after the inauguration of President Donald Trump. It was prompted by the fact that several of Trump's statements were considered by many as anti-women or otherwise offensive to women. It was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history.

Nothing at all like the storming of the capital.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Classic whataboutism to dodge and deflect.

You posted a sensationalistic headline of an article as your thread title and the article does not back up the sensationalistic headline so when it's called out you switch gears and somehow blame the person who called it out and the rest of the Democrats.

Worst thing is that your whataboutism isn't even accurate.
Regardless of your whataboutism deflection and continued rhetoric, Biden continues with his racism propaganda for political gain. The hatred for Trump and for Trump supporters by the left is painfully obvious.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Regardless of your whataboutism deflection and continued rhetoric,
No, not mine; yours.

Biden continues with his racism propaganda for political gain. The hatred for Trump and for Trump supporters by the left is painfully obvious.
So we're full cycle - you make the claim, pretend to back it up, and when it's noted that you didn't actually back up the claim, you repeat the claim with no backup. It's the typical pattern from the right - claim it, when it is shown to have no evidence, claim it again, keep repeating it till they eventually believe you.

But this is the strategy of the right, based on Trump's own explanation:
"If you say it enough and keep saying it, they'll start to believe you."
- Donald Trump just accidentally told the truth about his disinformation strategy - CNNPolitics

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, not mine; yours.

So we're full cycle - you make the claim, pretend to back it up, and when it's noted that you didn't actually back up the claim, you repeat the claim with no backup. It's the typical pattern from the right - claim it, when it is shown to have no evidence, claim it again, keep repeating it till they eventually believe you.

- Donald Trump just accidentally told the truth about his disinformation strategy - CNNPolitics

Well, in fairness, it's not that Donald was wrong...
"
E5ax8-yWEAE7ftJ
Whether you believe one part of what Biden said in that article was misinterpreted, exaggerated or sensationalized regardless, the propaganda of Biden is still clear. You can defend him all you want, but his true colors are still obvious.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Whether you believe one part of what Biden said in that article was misinterpreted, exaggerated or sensationalized regardless, the propaganda of Biden is still clear. You can defend him all you want, but his true colors are obvious.
No, it's not clear. You presented an article and a headline where the article did not back up the claim. Here, you're just claiming it yet again. Then you're stating that "his true colors are obvious". What I think is obvious is that his true colors are that he's more of a non-Trump Republican than liberal in any way. So if that's what you mean by obvious then yes, I agree, he's a non-Trump conservative Republican. If that's not what you meant then it's obviously not obvious. Just stating that it's obvious doesn't mean it is.

It's fine if you want to state your opinion and not back it up, but when you say something is true because "it's obvious" don't expect people to find it obvious just because you say it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, not mine; yours.

Well, here's how else Donald explained it...
"
E5ax8-yWEAE7ftJ
Know your constituents.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it's not clear. You presented an article and a headline that where the article did not back up the claim. Here, you're just claiming it yet again. Then you're stating that "his true colors are obvious". What I think is obvious is that his true colors are that he's more of a non-Trump Republican than liberal in any way. So if that's what you mean by obvious then yes, I agree, he's a non-Trump conservative Republican. If that's not what you meant then it's obviously not obvious. Just stating that it's obvious doesn't mean it is.

It's find if you want to state your opinion and not back it up, but when you say something is true because "it's obvious" don't expect people to find it obvious just because you say it is.
It’s clear to the right, just not to the left.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It’s clear to the right, just not to the left.
Well it's because they listen to Trump but the left does not - and now we know what Trump said his strategy has been all along...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟158,880.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We’re facing the most significant test of our democracy since the Civil War.

This does not back up the original claim. See the difference:

'Dan's mother baked the best apple pie since Grandma's baking days.' Does this mean that Dan's mother baked a better pie than Grandma? No. This will be obvious to most readers. The claim is wrong, either through an inability to understand English or intending to mislead.

And Trump has a view on this as we see above. Hanlon's Razor should make it clear.

(Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.)

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well, here's how else Donald explained it...
"
E5ax8-yWEAE7ftJ

In all fairness, Donald never said this. There's no record of any such interview in People Magazine, 1998 or otherwise.

Donald has so many true quotes to hang himself with, there's no need for a false one.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I believe what I saw on TV with my own eyes. There was an uninterrupted video feed from the speech to the attack and no gaps between. What else is there to debate?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I believe what I saw on TV with my own eyes. There was an uninterrupted video feed from the speech to the attack and no gaps between. What else is there to debate?

Responsibility -- moral and legal.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are plenty of threads, rightfully so, about riots and civil disobedience. Jan. 6 was a whole new level where the sitting President encouraged preventing the installation of his successor through intimidation by his supporters. That's taking things to a third world level. And, the EX President has skated away without consequence.

See its "no offense PLEASE" but this is not truth. They being told warned weeks before.. they that worked there asked for more help on that day coming up.. then WHERE were the National Guard? Got people of congress saying their life was in danger yet they were in a different building and still treated as if truth. Or news clip after news clip oddly strangely left out words like "peacefully".

So what were they charged with and then were are they now? An American unarmed woman killed and? Who did it? Odd no one on one side cares at all. Odd 11 thousand hours of video could clear this up in a heart beat yet shhh.

Not sure why Jan 6th was so bad. Well just months before that 1000 cops hurt some very badly. 20 cops I think killed 25 people killed. Looting burning on and on.. how many never faced any charges? Today its as if it never happened. We have I think 3 videos of a vice president saying it should keep happening and should <--this is ok but what Trump said was worse.. ok. Shall I go on? So ANYONE braking in.. duh its wrong but to ignore the police in videos letting people in.. videos of police just talking as people WALK IN through doors open. Shall we recap what some media said about those 5 that died at the hands of those that broke in? The fact that never happened just gets treated as if it really did.

So I kindly lovingly happy disagree with your post. Just be nice if ANYONE breaks the law they all should be held acceptable and I mean all. Fact.. the way it is today can flip on a dime. My voice will still be the same.. for Jesus Christ not politics. Here to save the lost.. this is heading down a road that was already fortold.. that can not change.. its do you know Jesus as lord :) if I offended please forgive me didn't mean to.

Jus strange times lol

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See its "no offense PLEASE" but this is not truth. They being told warned weeks before.. they that worked there asked for more help on that day coming up.. then WHERE were the National Guard? Got people of congress saying their life was in danger yet they were in a different building and still treated as if truth. Or news clip after news clip oddly strangely left out words like "peacefully".

So what were they charged with and then were are they now? An American unarmed woman killed and? Who did it? Odd no one on one side cares at all. Odd 11 thousand hours of video could clear this up in a heart beat yet shhh.

Not sure why Jan 6th was so bad. Well just months before that 1000 cops hurt some very badly. 20 cops I think killed 25 people killed. Looting burning on and on.. how many never faced any charges? Today its as if it never happened. We have I think 3 videos of a vice president saying it should keep happening and should <--this is ok but what Trump said was worse.. ok. Shall I go on? So ANYONE braking in.. duh its wrong but to ignore the police in videos letting people in.. videos of police just talking as people WALK IN through doors open. Shall we recap what some media said about those 5 that died at the hands of those that broke in? The fact that never happened just gets treated as if it really did.

So I kindly lovingly happy disagree with your post. Just be nice if ANYONE breaks the law they all should be held acceptable and I mean all. Fact.. the way it is today can flip on a dime. My voice will still be the same.. for Jesus Christ not politics. Here to save the lost.. this is heading down a road that was already fortold.. that can not change.. its do you know Jesus as lord :) if I offended please forgive me didn't mean to.

Jus strange times lol
Well said. I’m very tired of the rhetoric from the left and I’m really sick of the double standard in America! Strange times indeed.

Come quickly Lord Jesus. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Well said.
No, it wasn't. It was quite poorly said, honestly.
They being told warned weeks before.. they that worked there asked for more help on that day coming up..
I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to imply, here. Are you suggesting Jan. 6 was some kind of inside job?
Got people of congress saying their life was in danger yet they were in a different building and still treated as if truth.
Such as?
So what were they charged with and then were are they now?[/quote
If you mean the rioters, many of them have been charged. It's not hard to look them up. What, do you want a list?
An American unarmed woman killed and? Who did it? Odd no one on one side cares at all.
You act like she was just minding her own business and no crawling through a broken window at the head of a mob attacking the US Capitol Building. You guys keep wanting to treat this like a cop shooting or something, but it's actually nothing at all like that.

It's already been investigated. Heck, it was investigated while Trump was still president. The only reason you're even bringing this up now is because Trump suddenly realized he could use a dead woman as a rallying call to his supporters, because he's a disgusting parasitic human being.

Well just months before that 1000 cops hurt some very badly. 20 cops I think killed 25 people killed. Looting burning on and on.. how many never faced any charges?
I dunno, what's that got to do with January 6? Maybe you should start a topic on it if you want to talk about it so much?
We have I think 3 videos of a vice president saying it should keep happening and should
Three, you say? Okay, I'll bite. When did she say that?
duh its wrong but to ignore the police in videos letting people in.. videos of police just talking as people WALK IN through doors open.
I don't think anyone is ignoring that, but it's clear from the photos and videos that there were people breaking into parts of the building where they definitely were not being just allowed in.

You can see video of people trying (and failing) to scale the walls, for crying out loud. You think they would be doing that if they could just waltz in through the front door?

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟158,880.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
people of congress saying their life was in danger yet they were in a different building

Did you watch any of the reporting of the attack on the Capitol, the building housing the representatives while they were ratifying the election result presided over by the Vice President Pence? That was the building the rioters stormed. This is either a lie you are telling or a lie you have swallowed.

Not sure why Jan 6th was so bad.

Are you aware that the rioters were chanting 'Hang Mike Pence? Did you see the gallows the rioters erected? There has been nothing to match these events in the history of the USA since 1865, the end of your Civil War.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In all fairness, Donald never said this. There's no record of any such interview in People Magazine, 1998 or otherwise.

Donald has so many true quotes to hang himself with, there's no need for a false one.
Thank you for telling me, I don't want to spread false information - as you said, "Donald has so many true quotes to hang himself with, there's no need for a false one." The other quote I had in those posts is one of those true ones, so I went back and deleted the false one and left the true one (in both posts where I had it) - Thanks!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Trump would have won the election instead of Biden and a group of people from the left would have pulled the same stunt, the left would be cheering instead of complaining.
That is contrary to factual reality and major league projection.

This is all about hate for Trump and as I have said before, “it doesn’t seem to matter what’s done to the left, all that seems to matter is WHO did it.”
No, it really isn't. Trump tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power - that really is a big stinking deal.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If Trump would have won the election instead of Biden

Kudos for you for at least accepting that he didn't -- Congrats; you're at least one up on Donald himself.

and a group of people from the left would have pulled the same stunt, the left would be cheering instead of complaining.

And you'd be howling for executions instead of manufacturing deflections. Your point?

This is all about hate for Trump

Well, if you loved him, you'd have marched in his name like the others.

and as I have said before, “it doesn’t seem to matter what’s done to the left, all that seems to matter is WHO did it.”

WHO started a riot and insurrection attempt is indeed important.

Upvote 0