What do you believe about January 6th?

Did Trump supporters violently take over the capitol on January 6th.

• Yes.

Votes: 76 75.2%
  • No.

Votes: 25 24.8%

• Total voters

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the UK there would have to be an inquest at which a legally binding conclusion would be drawn, including whether the death was a lawful killing.

What happens in America? Is it something different?
Typically, the police will try to spin it to evade scrutiny. Here is the report released by police about Derek Chauvin murdering George Floyd.

EzcrJJcWQAAW9jj

When they are scrutinized, it's the police that investigates themselves. You might be surprised to discover how rarely they find they were at fault.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Typically, the police will try to spin it to evade scrutiny. Here is the report released by police about Derek Chauvin murdering George Floyd.

EzcrJJcWQAAW9jj

When they are scrutinized, it's the police that investigates themselves. You might be surprised to discover how rarely they find they were at fault.

Funny how only now right-wingers are complaining about police killing people...

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the UK there would have to be an inquest at which a legally binding conclusion would be drawn, including whether the death was a lawful killing.

What happens in America? Is it something different?

It varies in the US by jurisdiction, though it does seem in most areas there is an investigation by some type of law enforcement. I know in my city they do have a civilian panel that investigates police shootings.

As for the Federal Government, while there is some type of investigation, it appears to be done by the DoJ and, as long as they find the shooting justified, the shooter's name and the details about the investigation are typically not released. At least part of the reason for this, at least in part because of much of Federal Law Enforcement investigating organized crime (a major reason the FBI was founded) and political investigations, the "secrecy" is to protect the officers from retaliation, particularly from criminal organizations.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,107.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this. Another difference between our cultures.

Any death in the UK will necessitate an inquest unless a doctor who has examined the deceased within (I think it is) 28 days can establish the cause of death. It is a strict rule. Coroners have a great deal of power; their jurisdiction is older than any other court.

Any death at the hands of the police and any death in custody would be the subject of an inquest. Thus George Floyd's and Ashli Babbitt's death would have to be examined by the coroner's court.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what then is Breitbart's point? That the breach was really no big deal? or what?
Not that it was no big deal at all but Biden blew it out of proportion. Funny how what happened during the summer of 2020 and what’s going on in Chicago and at the southern border gets treated like it’s no big deal by the same people who constantly make a big deal out of what happened on January 6th. Many of us see through the hypocrisy and the rhetoric. It’s clearly political.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not that it was no big deal at all but Biden blew it out of proportion. Funny how what happened during the summer of 2020 and what’s going on in Chicago and at the southern border gets treated like it’s no big deal by the same people who constantly make a big deal out of what happened on January 6th. Many of us see through the hypocrisy and the rhetoric. It’s clearly political.
We are talking about trying to prevent the lawful installation of legally elected officials. You do understand that there were threats to kidnap and possibly kill members of Congress and the Vice President. You do understand that, do you not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are talking about trying to prevent the lawful installation of legally elected officials. You do understand that there were threats to kidnap and possibly kill members of Congress and the Vice President. You do understand that, do you not?
I understand that it doesn’t seem to matter what’s done to this current administration. All that seems to matter is WHO did it. How many threats were made against the former administration? How much destruction has already been caused by the left? We clearly have a double standard in America.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand that it doesn’t seem to matter what’s done to this current administration. All that seems to matter is WHO did it. How many threats were made against the former administration? How much destruction has already been caused by the left? We clearly have a double standard in America.
There are plenty of threads, rightfully so, about riots and civil disobedience. Jan. 6 was a whole new level where the sitting President encouraged preventing the installation of his successor through intimidation by his supporters. That's taking things to a third world level. And, the EX President has skated away without consequence.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are plenty of threads, rightfully so, about riots and civil disobedience. Jan. 6 was a whole new level where the sitting President encouraged preventing the installation of his successor through intimidation by his supporters. That's taking things to a third world level. And, the EX President has skated away without consequence.
If Trump would have won the election instead of Biden and a group of people from the left would have pulled the same stunt, the left would be cheering instead of complaining. This is all about hate for Trump and as I have said before, “it doesn’t seem to matter what’s done to the left, all that seems to matter is WHO did it.”

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not seeing the part where Biden "Says Capitol Rioters Worse than Slave-owning Confederates in Civil War". i mean, in my opinion they're about the same, but that's not what Biden said here at all.
So that part was completely made up?

“The assault on free and fair elections is just such a threat — literally. I’ve said it before. We’re facing the most significant test of our democracy since the Civil War. It’s not hyperbole — since the Civil War. Confederates, back then, never breached the Capitol as insurrectionists did on January 6. I’m not saying this to alarm you. I’m saying this because you should be alarmed.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Trump would have won the election instead of Biden and a group of people from the left would have pulled the same stunt, the left would be cheering instead of complaining. This is all about hate for Trump and as I have said before, “it doesn’t seem to matter what’s done to the left, all that seems to matter is WHO did it.”
The "Left" would have demonstrated and rioted. They would not even considered taking down the government as EX President Trump supporters did. And if large numbers of dark-skinned people had been acting remotely that way, the troops would've been there from the get-go and there would've been more bloodshed, which would've delighted many of EX President Trump's supporters.

Then, the open warfare he desires would be more likely as he would attempt to secure more power through use of the military and banana republic time would be here now.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

“The assault on free and fair elections is just such a threat — literally. I’ve said it before. We’re facing the most significant test of our democracy since the Civil War. It’s not hyperbole — since the Civil War. Confederates, back then, never breached the Capitol as insurrectionists did on January 6. I’m not saying this to alarm you. I’m saying this because you should be alarmed.”

I don't see the part about "Capitol Rioters Worse than Slave-Owning Confederates in Civil War"
Do you?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Where in that quote from Biden is it that he ""Says Capitol Rioters Worse than Slave-owning Confederates in Civil War"???

From what I see, he's saying that the Capitol rioters did something the Confederates didn't even accomplish, but where does he say "they are worse than slave-owning confederates"? Nowhere. Why is Breitbart making up a lie? Is it because the truth isn't salacious enough for their propaganda?

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where in that quote from Biden is it that he ""Says Capitol Rioters Worse than Slave-owning Confederates in Civil War"???

From what I see, he's saying that the Capitol rioters did something the Confederates didn't even accomplish, but where does he say "they are worse than slave-owning confederates"? Nowhere. Why is Breitbart making up a lie? Is it because the truth isn't salacious enough for their propaganda?
Classic pot calling the kettle black. The left has been heavily exploiting racism for political gain ever since the election and their lies and propaganda continue, especially on CNN.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Classic pot calling the kettle black. The left has been heavily exploiting racism for political gain ever since the election and their lies and propaganda continue, especially on CNN.
Classic whataboutism to dodge and deflect.

You posted a sensationalistic headline of an article as your thread title and the article does not back up the sensationalistic headline so when it's called out you switch gears and somehow blame the person who called it out and the rest of the Democrats.

Worst thing is that your whataboutism isn't even accurate.

Upvote 0