What do you and your spouse enjoy doing together?

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What kind of hobbies or activities do you and your spouse enjoy doing together?
My husband and I enjoy playing board games, working around the house, watching movies and reading books.

Our big project right now is some house renovations. We bought an adorable three bedroom house out in the country. We are repainting all the rooms, one at a time. (we just didn't like the colour scheme of the house.) My husband is handy so he knocked out some walls to make the closets in two of the rooms bigger, unfortunately, that made one of the rooms significantly smaller. Oh well, we decided to make that room an office with some standalone cupboards.
So exciting decorating and figuring out your own house!!

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I will (sheepishly) admit that my wife and I spend time together playing that virtual scavenger hunt “Pokémon Go”. Introduced to it by our daughter, it gets us out walking together, with a bit of friendly competition (and also cooperation), and may be combined with a date for lunch or such. Childish perhaps, but there are worse things at which we could spend our time together.

We also enjoy watching movies and British sitcoms together.

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Collecting funko pops, taking our puppy for walks and to the beach, going to the movies, watching and discussing superhero movies (we're both really into comics), writing (her with her projects, me with the website), breakfast dates, stuff like that.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great thread idea! Not just the singles who get to have all the fun!

On the farm here, we enjoy taking care of all the animals, gardening, fishing (if we ever get the time), doing bible studies together, watching movies. Also walks in the woods admiring all that God has created, it's truly a joy when you see a mother deer and her newborn twin fawns walking across your field.

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, don't tell anyone, but we're international bank-robbers who take personal vacations from our day-jobs (which we use as a cover of course) to go to various countries after spending many months planning heists. Once we have completed a job, we then fence our valuables to E-bay. Miraculously, we haven't been caught yet.

Other than that, long walks on the beach, fun dinners, and family time with the relatives are our past time. I'm so glad I went to college.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we did lots of couple stuff before we became parents

now we do family stuff like zoos, festivals, museums, watching kid movies together, games, recitals, etc

last wk we went to a park and had a picnic, this wk going to art museum, and recently went away couple days (kid and husband swam in hotel pool 4x), zoo plans and blueberry picking coming up

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
My wife is disabled, so watching movies/shows is what we do the most. Our latest obsession is LivePD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great thread idea! Not just the singles who get to have all the fun!

I had lots of fun as a single and courting my husband but I felt like we were always saying goodbye and waiting to see each other again. We had to live apart while he was away at school and when I was away at school and when I was away on Missions. NOW, we can do everything together. :)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What is LivePD?
It’s a show on Fridays and Saturdays where they follow officers in 8 different cities. So it’s like COPS, but live.

• Agree
Reactions: abysmul
Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s a show on Fridays and Saturdays where they follow officers in 8 different cities. So it’s like COPS, but live.

OHHH, I get it now. I've never heard of it. Is it on a particular channel? Or on Netflix?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had lots of fun as a single and courting my husband but I felt like we were always saying goodbye and waiting to see each other again. We had to live apart while he was away at school and when I was away at school and when I was away on Missions. NOW, we can do everything together.

I totally agree with you there, we had tons of fun when we were courting also, but I should have been clearer in my statement. What I meant was here on CF. The singles seem to post way more encouraging and fun threads, but we married folk can't post there.
When you posted this, I was glad to see a nice positive thread to engage in.
God bless you.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do house improvements together too. Biking and hiking
(we try to include the kids in that) ; sometimes we watch certain TV shows together but we aren't big TV people. This summer we want to do more road trips.....It's nice just to either go to dinner or make dinner together and talk; when we can.

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do all sorts of things together - playing with our son, taking walks, going grocery shopping, watching movies, cooking dinner, playing board games and computer games, doing home improvement projects, reading the Bible. We used to do more active things like playing tennis, snowboarding, and hiking, but it's been a while.

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do all sorts of things together - playing with our son, taking walks, going grocery shopping, watching movies, cooking dinner, playing board games and computer games, doing home improvement projects, reading the Bible. We used to do more active things like playing tennis, snowboarding, and hiking, but it's been a while.

That sounds perfectly lovely. I'm a low key kind of girl. I'd rather stay home and sew a quilt for our bed which I am working on as well. lol I do want to try my hand at water skiing this summer. My family has a cottage with a boat and my husband and I have booked it for a few weekends this summer. Imagine going to the cottage without all my siblings there?! Heavenly :) haha

Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do everything together. We work side by side on this farm, we make common day trips to get parts, and often throw in some fun as we do. We often get massages together but don’t tell anyone about that lol. Some think we’re crazy for the time we spend together. But we enjoy it and it works for us.

Upvote 0