what do y0u say

SuperBunny

rabbit in a cape
Jan 26, 2004
✟221.00
Faith
Christian
I post in an athletic site alot and some of the people there are gay. Whenever the gay issue comes up, no one seems to be on the side of it being wrong. What would you say? In real life this happens too occassionally. I think its outright wrong, but I don't hate gay people in the least. But I feel like if I say its wrong I will be bashed. What do you say if you think its wrong? I'm not here to comment on why I think its wrong and all that. I won't be answering any of those posts if there are any. That's not my question.

P

Protestant Minister

One of the signs of the return of Jesus is that we have now passed into what the bible calls the age of church apostasy.The clergy sexual abuse and the increasing church acceptance of homosexuality are the best examples of apostasy.So the bad news is that real Christians are on the losing side,meaning that society is just going to become more and more perverted.This is the principal reason the rapture is being scheduled - to remove true Christians from this sick depraviy.

The question is,should Christians speak out against the practice of homosexuality?Certainly the clergy have a moral obligation to do so in their sermons and personal counseling.But it is becoming increasingly dangerous for laymen to do so.There is no question that Satan is behind the tremendous success the homosexual community is having in makiing an extremely serious sin appear to be perfectly normal behavior and those who disagree with them,appear to be bigots who are depriving them of their civil rights.Ok Jesus we're ready to leave now.For these reasons,trying to argue ,confront or witness to homosexuals,with few exceptions,just doesn't work.

Even worse,because of the indwelling of Satan in the homosexual "movement" an increasing number of homosexuals are becoming demon possessed.Contrary to what some believe,Christians can becoime demon possessed through a hateful satanist who puts a curse on them.I speak from experience.It has happened to me.So the warning you need to pick up is that confronting homosexuals is both dangerous and useless.The best course of action is to pray for individual homosexuals and if you you do find one in desire of giving up their behavior,refer them to an organization like Exodus International that can provide them with extremely expert help.

Upvote 0

laura_lynn

Oct 16, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
✟15,297.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Tough situation - I have a few gay friends, mostly guys, and as you say, it's almost impossible NOT to offend if you believe homosexuality is a sin.
All I do is admit that the bible isn't clear enough for me to feel comfortable waving a finger, but that no matter WHAT we deal with, God loves us completely as we are. (not to say that a church they could go to definitely would, especially if they're openly homosexual...) Do we people who have not dealt with these sorts of attractions have a "right" to tell someone who is dealing with them what to stop thinking? Maybe, maybe not.
I have found it more easy just to kind of dodge the question, "what do you think?" by giving it this sort of an answer.

Pointless posting? Sorry if it was way too neutral of an offering of advice/opinion for ya!

Upvote 0

Silent Enigma

Senior Veteran
Jan 2, 2004
The upper midwest, out in the woods.
Visit site
✟10,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well, if they were interested in becoming a Christian you'd have to deal with it, as repentance from sin is part of the required protocol for converting. And if they asked what you believe you, of course, couldn't lie about it. But if they're not interested in God's viewpoint on things at all, the Bible says, "do not cast your pearls before swine" for a good reason.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Exactly. I've spoken my mind about it to certain people and the results were not good. I made it very clear that the lifestyle is wrong, AND that violence against gays is very wrong. I guess the second part didn't matter much to them, since they branded me a nazi. I would just pray for them.

If they do ask you directly about it, tell them that yes, it's a sin, but it's one that Jesus is ready to forgive. Let God do the rest, because they will not budge if He is not involved.

Upvote 0

SuperBunny

rabbit in a cape
Jan 26, 2004
✟221.00
Faith
Christian
Protestant Minister,A rather large percentage of young women that are gay are witches. These people are scary to me. Many satanists and those in the occult are gay. I agree with you. It is dangerous to say the truth to them. If you say you think its a sin, the people look at you with total and complete hatred. The church has accepted emotional problems to be dealt with medication and labels, and to normalize that behavior, and the gay has followed to also be normalized. It is not normal. The church does not talk about self-control enough, and processing emotions, wisdom, etc. And I hate to say this to you, Protestant minister, but the doctrine of calvinism is a huge cause of this liberal mess in society. People are not okay as they are, God does not love them for only believing, and not holding fasts to the truths. People can lose their salvation. And people need to repent and change to have salvation to begin with. This easy salvation message of only believing has done alot of harm to our society. People think they are saved when they have not looked seriously at their lives, changed them or processed their emotions, and gotten priorities straight. This has given rise to emotional disorders being normalized and now gay people being normalized. The church is going to hell because the more these people get legal backing for thier sins, they will sue the churches for not allowing them in eventually. The presbyterian and methodists already have church splits on this. Gay problems come from unrecognized and unprocessed and uncontrolled emotions. People are either too uncontrolled or they are in denial about their reactions and have ignored the call to deal with their anger, fear, and sadness and pleasure impulses. POeple think they have the joy of the Lord today when they are fairy walking around acting flaky. That is not joy. The young people are so spoiled rotten used to pleasure and mind-altering non sobering music and stupid joke ridden sitcoms and movies and looking like sex workers and even as christians. They never really are aware of what they really feel. They do not process then either. They may be very prideful and loud and call it being "bold for God". This all contributes to why there are homosexuals today. Poeple are completely out of it and they think its normal. Most gay people I've known are very smart and selfrighteous poeple. They excel in areas of life often, and they feel good about that, and ignore the awareness and processing of the emotions. That's a low priority on their list. As long as they are excelling and look good and are smiling they think they are okay. Their emotional problems create blocks of real intimacy with others both of same gender and opposite sex. The intimacy they have with the same sex is all about total emotional support needed, and acting flaky or too tough.

What do you say? I think it is going to take someone is repellent of curses to stand up and say "I don't agree with it, but I don't in any way hate the people who are gay". Do I think its a sin? "Yes, but I am not the one who condemns it".

See, I think I have made friends and when I find out that they support the gay issue, then Bam, I no longer think of them as people who are level-headed.

I'd like to know, do any of you here support calvinism? If you don't want to answer, you ought to think about it seriously, why you do. It's popular isn't it?

How can you not correlate the calvinism doctrine with the widespread liberal amount of Christians? Why would a holy God who demands we repent or throw us into hell and offers us love when we do repent, why would He support the doctrine of "just believe, and God loves you as you are?"

Can you say "newage"?

Upvote 0

laura_lynn

Oct 16, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
✟15,297.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ohh, superbunny. I cannot count the ways I disagree with your post. But, thanks for commenting?
You said:

"I think I have made friends and when I find out that they support the gay issue, then Bam, I no longer think of them as people who are level-headed."

Im not gonna say anything more than just I am completely frustrated and wish I didn't read this!!! :o

Upvote 0

HappyPrincess

Soon To Be Wife
Mar 11, 2004
Pacific Northwest
✟195.00
Faith
Baptist
laura_lynn said:
Ohh, superbunny. I cannot count the ways I disagree with your post. But, thanks for commenting?
You said:

"I think I have made friends and when I find out that they support the gay issue, then Bam, I no longer think of them as people who are level-headed."

Im not gonna say anything more than just I am completely frustrated and wish I didn't read this!!! :o

It works both ways. I had a 10-year friendship that evaporated because I won't stand up and agree with gay marriage. (I guess its okay for me to not accept their behavior but still be around them. But once they want to get married everything gets much more sticky. either that or I wasn't good enough at making clear all along that I did not support their lifestyle. But they weren't Christians. The important thing was trying to bring them to Christ. And then to let Christ work on the heart -- Sure homosexuality is a sin. But it isn't the biggest sin a non-Christian has to deal with.)

Upvote 0

ShetlandRose

Loves Dogs!
Jan 18, 2004
Land of Hiawatha
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are repeated warnings in the Bible about homosexuality. In most any thread that turns to the subject of homosexuality in this series of forums you will find the scriptures posted again and again by Christians who care enough about homosexuals to hope to be able to convince one or two to turn away from what God calls an abomination. For their efforts they are angrily berated. From a Biblical standpoint, the rise of homosexuality is a sign that our world is in the last stages of decay and we are in the last days before the return of Jesus Christ. We live in a time when values are turned upsidedown.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
One reason that I like this message board so much is that they have moderators who actually moderate the board. Meaning that if I go to the section to discuss sports and someone goes into homosexuality or whatever else I have recourse to appeal to the moderator to get it back on topic.

If these discussions of homosexuality make you uncomfortable or make the homosexuals uncomfortable. You both need a way to backout of the discussion gracefully agreeing to disagree. Entering discusssions of this type without that understanding is only going to lead to angry confrontations.

There are some people who feel it is their duty from God to warn homosexuals about their sins. Of course they expect negative responses but feel that is part of the package deal to get their message out. If you are not one of those people and are looking for friendly discussion then I suggest you find a different forum or take recourse in the forum you are in to turn it back towards a friendly discussion.

Upvote 0

Sparkle

Born Again!
Feb 21, 2004
Canada
✟7,739.00
Faith
Christian
The bible is very clear in the matter of homosexuality:

Leviticus 18:22
"Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Don't you know that those who do wrong will have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, who are idol worshipers, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals,

1 Timothy 1:10
These laws are for people who are sexually immoral, for homosexuals and slave traders, for liars and oath breakers, and for those who do anything else that contradicts the right teaching

That is clear enough for me, so in a very loving manner, I explain that the God I worship and is Truth, teaches against it, as He did not create us to act in that manner and the consequences prove that.

Reactions: ShetlandRose
Upvote 0