Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I am not the judge. Balancing mercy and judging fairly is something I can not do. Moses got away with murder and was still able to come face to face with God. How did that happen? Isaiah when faced with God saw his uncleanness and yet no record of any misdeeds... Go figure.

Moshe did not "get away with murder"...he did pay a price

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
?? What price did God lay on him?

He was not allowed into The Promised land. Also when Moshe killed the Egyptian, it was not pre-meditated. He was defending a fellow Hebrew.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Numbers 20:12 Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank." The Lord was displeased with Moses' actions: “Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Numbers 20:12 Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank." The Lord was displeased with Moses' actions: “Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them.
Except Moses had already been excluded from entering the Land:

Numbers 14:28
Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says the Lord, ‘just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will surely do to you; 29 your corpses will fall in this wilderness, even all your numbered men, according to your complete number from twenty years old and upward, who have grumbled against Me. 30 Surely you shall not come into the land in which I swore to settle you, except Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun. 31 Your children, however, whom you said would become a prey—I will bring them in, and they will know the land which you have rejected.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Except Moses had already been excluded from entering the Land:

Numbers 14:28
Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says the Lord, ‘just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will surely do to you; 29 your corpses will fall in this wilderness, even all your numbered men, according to your complete number from twenty years old and upward, who have grumbled against Me. 30 Surely you shall not come into the land in which I swore to settle you, except Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun. 31 Your children, however, whom you said would become a prey—I will bring them in, and they will know the land which you have rejected.
And this quote is about Moses being excluded from entering the land because of murder. ?? I think not, I think this verse has been expanded upon with my verse.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And this quote is about Moses being excluded from entering the land because of murder. ?? I think not, I think this verse has been expanded upon with my verse.
No. Nothing about murder. It was due to Israel not believing God could take them in to the promised land. Only 2 over the age of 20 got to go in, Joshua and Caleb. Moses was 80 at that point. Excluded.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
No. Nothing about murder. It was due to Israel not believing God could take them in to the promised land. Only 2 over the age of 20 got to go in, Joshua and Caleb. Moses was 80 at that point. Excluded.
Yep, and now back to the reason it was brought up... Open heart wanted me to dictate what God will do, and I gave Moses as an example of God choosing how He handles the law, justice, mercy etc.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I am not the judge. Balancing mercy and judging fairly is something I can not do. Moses got away with murder and was still able to come face to face with God. How did that happen? Isaiah when faced with God saw his uncleanness and yet no record of any misdeeds... Go figure.
Okay, "I am not to judge" is a good answer.

Upvote 0