What do Messianics think of this website?

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just came across it today. In the blog section they use OT scripture to intrepret scripture with scripture (like the bible commands). Peter comprehended the betrayal of Judas using Psalms 109. Peter was interpreting scripture with scripture before the Holy Ghost came upon everyone. ie- Peter was using his own intellect to figure out Judas's betrayal. Obviously it was Satan which entered into Judas which lead to that betrayal and Christ knew it....... but when the Holy Spirit descended they couldn't care less about blaming others, pointing fingers, who's going to our leader, etc, etc....they boldly went forth and preached the Gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They seem to be pretty anti-rome, yet consider Sunday, "The Lord's Day".

I would like to know on what basis they do this.

On the last day of the feast (8th day), did Christ not cry, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."

John 7:37-38

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
On the last day of the feast (8th day), did Christ not cry, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."

John 7:37-38

Oh, is that how they explain it?

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, is that how they explain it?

I don't know. It's one aspect i personally gave for a Sunday.

That wasn't my reason for asking what you all think of the site. Its the depth they go into the scriptures that made me post it onto this section. Its way, way above my head....too much for me, but i know this section of the forum really does go into every detail of the scripture, it could be similar to what that site sees is unfolding, your insight might differ, it may agree. I don't know.

God Bless

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't know. It's one aspect i personally gave for a Sunday.

That wasn't my reason for asking what you all think of the site. Its the depth they go into the scriptures that made me post it onto this section. Its way, way above my head....too much for me, but i know this section of the forum really does go into every detail of the scripture, it could be similar to what that site sees is unfolding, your insight might differ. I don't know.

God Bless

Recently I came across the idea that the "new wine" and "new wineskins" thing was speaking of the change.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Recently I came across the idea that the "new wine" and "new wineskins" thing was speaking of the change.

without studying it, that might have something to do with the age of the gentiles coming to an end. Don't know. Fascinating study for people who's into the scripture deep. I simply pray daily for the oil in my lamp to keep burning and never to let Satan blow it out.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That wasn't my reason for asking what you all think of the site. Its the depth they go into the scriptures that made me post it onto this section.
Do you think the following scripture only applied to the 1st century Apostles? So, you believe the "church" needs commentaries to clarify the meaning of the Word Of GOD? Have you ever considered your premise that maybe that's the reason why there are so many different denominations and doctrines within Christianity? Do you actually believe it was GOD'S intention to withdraw the Holy Spirit around AD 100 after the death of John ?

John 3:7-8 (CJB with capitalized pronouns)
Stop being amazed at My telling you that you must be born again from above! The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it’s going. That’s how it is with everyone who has been born from the Spirit.”
1 John 2:27 (CJB) with capitlized pronouns)
As for you, the Messianic anointing you received from the Father remains in you, so that you have no need for anyone to teach you. On the contrary, as His Messianic anointing continues to teach you about all things, and is true, not a counterfeit, so, just as He taught you, remain united with Him.​

So, why read various commentaries when His Spirit residing in you is the best commentary?

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think the following scripture only applied to the 1st century Apostles? So, you believe the "church" needs commentaries to clarify the meaning of the Word Of GOD? Have you ever considered your premise that maybe that's the reason why there are so many different denominations and doctrines within Christianity? Do you actually believe it was GOD'S intention to withdraw the Holy Spirit around AD 100 after the death of John ?

John 3:7-8 (CJB with capitalized pronouns)
Stop being amazed at My telling you that you must be born again from above! The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it’s going. That’s how it is with everyone who has been born from the Spirit.”
1 John 2:27 (CJB) with capitlized pronouns)
As for you, the Messianic anointing you received from the Father remains in you, so that you have no need for anyone to teach you. On the contrary, as His Messianic anointing continues to teach you about all things, and is true, not a counterfeit, so, just as He taught you, remain united with Him.​

I know some Christian churches believe the gift of tongues, divine healings, etc have ceased. I know the Holy spirit of God hasn't ceased and many biblical churches i've been in beleive the baptism of the Holy Spirit is real, just as i do. I've never began to speak in an 'angelic' language no man can understand, roll around barking like a dog, etc (those traits of the spirit of truth aren't in the bible).

A Christian truly converted/saved/born again through Christ (John 14:6, John 14:14-15), will receive another as Christ promised in the form of the Holy Spirit (third person of the trinity) to comfort us, guide us, instruct us, teach us, etc (John 14:16-18). Others might receive the spirit of the world/Satan and think they belong to Christ. Every spirit of truth will witness Christ and obey his commandments.

So, why read various commentaries when His Spirit residing in you is the best commentary?

very good point. It may be possible i'm still tempted by the world to listen to man's teaching. I also could be reading various commentaries to see if its what Christ has also reveiled to me or a certain portion of scripture, even a song in the bible will spark something within me.

i do study the word of God for divine instruction knowing the spirit of truth will enlighten it within me when God decides the time is right (not when i think its right). We need to be patient and wait with faith for instruction, etc. A Gospel song based on scripture can awaken/enlighten my soul, a song directly from the bible will also do it.

I won't stop witnessing for Christ to sinners or witnessing the baptism of the spirit to Christians because i KNOW Christ is real and Spirit of God is real. Keeping the flame lit within your heart and the oil flowing are two basic essentials to enter the kingdom of Heaven i know of. How many levels are there? there were 3 level in Noah's ark, paul reached the 3rd heaven. Makes me think there's 3. Might be 7 or even 12, only the Lord knows.

Receiving the Spirit of God doesn't make me selfish or full of pride, it want to share it with others, because such a person of the trinity exists. I have no desire to be a hermit, it won't stop me going to the House of God (church/congregation) to fellowship, pray and praise the Lord with other believers, sinners or to join a bible study group to understand the scripture with other believers.

Charles Spurgeon once said, if he could identify Christ's elect he would put a chalk mark on their head. Only the Lord knows who is his and who isn't. This is the same for both Jew and Gentile.

god bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All is a spiritual journey, and as God has lead so also does He continue to lead. Too many have been lead so far, then rest there not realizing there is more up the narrow path.

Love the highlighted part. brilliant.

There are blogs and commentaries on that site which go into great depths trying to figure out God's ultimate plan. I just makes me question, if one is given the power to prophesise why are there so many different alternatives given to the end of days? surely if you've got the power to prophesise by the spirit of truth, he will give you one answer

Also, i can't understand why some authors claim Christ will return to Earth and reign literally for 1000 years. Christ wants nothing to do with this earth, only to redeem and save his people from it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums