What do girls actually look for in a guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Short answer, it depends on the girl. If you know other guys, you probably know that some guys like different physical features, different body types, and different personalities in the girls they are attracted to. It is no different with women. Some women like body builders. Others do not. Some women like facial hair. Others do not. Some women with particularly poor taste keep getting attracted to guys who abuse them. Others do not. You probably cannot be all things to all women. So, the right question to ask is:

What kind of man do I really want to be?

Get detailed on this. Include how you want to interact with people, and how you would like all your interpersonal relationships to be, not just things like hobbies and jobs. Assess yourself - if you're quiet, focus on how to be the best kind of quiet. If you're outgoing, focus on how to be the best kind of outgoing.

Then train yourself to become that man. Pick a role model or two, find out what they're about, how to build yourself up to where they are. Especially find out where their life philosophy agrees with Scripture, for the spiritual side of it.

This will help you to become a better man. And even if a relationship doesn't work out, at the end of the day, you still have that. What all this work is for isn't for some woman. Women are people, they can die, or they can leave. You are not working for someone like that, you are working for Jesus first, yourself second.

Some women may find that attractive. My point is, that whatever suggestions you hear, put them all in the context of becoming who God made you to be.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m a guy and I’m 21 and I’ve never had girlfriend or ever even really talked to girl before. No girl ever really talked to me either so I kind of feel like I’m sort of meant to be alone.

Every girl is different. We aren't just "girls" we're people, human beings, individuals.

If you feel like you're meant to be alone, what's the point of this thread?

Some general things that girls look for in guys: Kindness. Being a hard worker and holding down a steady job. Honesty. Confidence (NOT cockiness). Standing up for what you believe in. Being willing and able to listen to people.

Specific things like body types, hair color, hobbies, height, personality, etc... that will all vary widely depending on who you ask, so please don't fall into the "all girls only want X type of guy" pit.

Upvote 0

Cormack

“I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”
Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I’m a guy and I’m 21 and I’ve never had girlfriend or ever even really talked to girl before. No girl ever really talked to me either so I kind of feel like I’m sort of meant to be alone.

I’m not sure if you’ll return to the chat, @Andrew98, still for the sake of young men everywhere I must write this, :tearsofjoy: in my experience only mature, successful men will give you useful advice about women and how they select a potential boyfriend or husband.

Women will be offended they’re not being treated as a one of a kind special snowflake, a perfect unique topic you must take out a hefty loan on and dedicate several years of your life to learn about (like going to a university.)

They’ll reply with what looks (to us) like a list of mad absurdities, contradictions, they’ll want you to be Mr. Strong but sensitive too, Mr. Easygoing who’s extremely driven to succeed. Confident but not arrogant. Outgoing but not a party boy. Give yourself a few years to let the craziness sink in and you’ll realise ....

#whisper whisper# she doesn’t know what she wants #whisper whisper#

:asd::bbrr:

She’s like a comedy hostage taker reading off a list of demands, they’re the hostage and the hostage taker while you’re the police negotiator.

Girl: “I wanna hot man, and he’s got to be smart too!”

Police: Hot and smart?! You’re crazy!

Girl: “Don’t push me man! I’ll walk away!”

Women are inundated with choice in male partners, so their bad attitude and sense of entitlement around dating is to be expected.

Men on the other hand (if they’re unsuccessful in the dating world,) aren’t any better at sharing advice.

Watch some MGTOW videos on YouTube for a first hand look at men who have been burned by women (e.g. Think before you sleep, Sandman,) the harshness in their perspective, the perpetual victimhood complex and siege mentality against womankind.

In their opinion they’re just “nice guys who want to find a nice girl! :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::handfist:It’s not a believable story though, not when we listen to them.

Only men who’ve done well in their dating life can tell you in plain speak what women want (in general.) Even married guys can fail at giving proper advice.

There will be female unicorns out there who aren’t offended, demanding, confusing or entitled and they could give you incredible dating advice, they’re out there, but it’s best to avoiding chasing unicorns, they’re not an easy find.

The same goes for dating, don’t worry about finding a unicorn woman who will be instantly compatible with you. Women do have trends, needs and a boyfriend profile they’re looking for in general (just like guys have a typical profile for a girlfriend or wife.)

Remember before any of those things to work on yourself, be comfortable in your own skin, be stable (a regular job,) learn to befriend women with no intentions to date, if you drop the idea that this could lead somewhere you’ll have much more peace and feel less like a randy teenager :tearsofjoy:

Don’t be intense, women are hyper threat detectors, they can sense male insecurity from miles away and they will punish you for it. :groupray: Don’t take it personally when they do, they’re just protecting themselves from creeps (work hard not to be one!)

Women can be on the receiving end of a lot of attention so it’s only natural they shut the gates on men they don’t want in their lives.

Be strong and happy in yourself first and foremost, learn to take rejection, I read of a men’s group where the initiation was to start up a natural conversation and ask up to 40 women for their phone numbers in the space of a week.

The goal wasn’t exactly to get their numbers (but if the guy gets a couple that’s fantastic,) the goal was to show the men that being knocked back by a women isn’t the end of the universe. It just feeeeels like the end of the universe to some men :tearsofjoy:

Learn to talk and joke and say stupid things, don’t take yourself too seriously. Remember to keep strong, experienced men in your circle of friends.

Group activity with other guys will give you a sense of fun and teach you how to banter back and forth, learning to roll with the punches and make connections, before you know it you’ll be meeting women without even trying.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I’m not sure if you’ll return to the chat, @Andrew98, still for the sake of young men everywhere I must write this, :tearsofjoy: in my experience only mature, successful men will give you useful advice about women and how they select a potential boyfriend or husband.

Women will be offended they’re not being treated as a one of a kind special snowflake, a perfect unique topic you must take out a hefty loan on and dedicate several years of your life to learn about (like going to a university.)

They’ll reply with what looks (to us) like a list of mad absurdities, contradictions, they’ll want you to be Mr. Strong but sensitive too, Mr. Easygoing who’s extremely driven to succeed. Confident but not arrogant. Outgoing but not a party boy. Give yourself a few years to let the craziness sink in and you’ll realise ....

:asd::bbrr:

She’s like a comedy hostage taker reading off a list of demands, they’re the hostage and the hostage taker while you’re the police negotiator.

Girl: “I wanna hot man, and he’s got to be smart too!”

Police: Hot and smart?! You’re crazy!

Girl: “Don’t push me man! I’ll walk away!”

Women are inundated with choice in male partners, so their bad attitude and sense of entitlement around dating is to be expected.

Men on the other hand (if they’re unsuccessful in the dating world,) aren’t any better at sharing advice.

Watch some MGTOW videos on YouTube for a first hand look at men who have been burned by women (e.g. Think before you sleep, Sandman,) the harshness in their perspective, the perpetual victimhood complex and siege mentality against womankind.

In their opinion they’re just “nice guys who want to find a nice girl! :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::handfist:It’s not a believable story though, not when we listen to them.

Only men who’ve done well in their dating life can tell you in plain speak what women want (in general.) Even married guys can fail at giving proper advice.

There will be female unicorns out there who aren’t offended, demanding, confusing or entitled and they could give you incredible dating advice, they’re out there, but it’s best to avoiding chasing unicorns, they’re not an easy find.

The same goes for dating, don’t worry about finding a unicorn woman who will be instantly compatible with you. Women do have trends, needs and a boyfriend profile they’re looking for in general (just like guys have a typical profile for a girlfriend or wife.)

Remember before any of those things to work on yourself, be comfortable in your own skin, be stable (a regular job,) learn to befriend women with no intentions to date, if you drop the idea that this could lead somewhere you’ll have much more peace and feel less like a randy teenager :tearsofjoy:

Don’t be intense, women are hyper threat detectors, they can sense male insecurity from miles away and they will punish you for it. :groupray: Don’t take it personally when they do, they’re just protecting themselves from creeps (work hard not to be one!)

Women can be on the receiving end of a lot of attention so it’s only natural they shut the gates on men they don’t want in their lives.

Be strong and happy in yourself first and foremost, learn to take rejection, I read of a men’s group where the initiation was to start up a natural conversation and ask up to 40 women for their phone numbers in the space of a week.

The goal wasn’t exactly to get their numbers (but if the guy gets a couple that’s fantastic,) the goal was to show the men that being knocked back by a women isn’t the end of the universe. It just feeeeels like the end of the universe to some men :tearsofjoy:

Learn to talk and joke and say stupid things, don’t take yourself too seriously. Remember to keep strong, experienced men in your circle of friends.

Group activity with other guys will give you a sense of fun and teach you how to banter back and forth, learning to roll with the punches and make connections, before you know it you’ll be meeting women without even trying.
Holy bitterness, Batman!

Upvote 0

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Every woman's needs are different. Personally I just want the unconditional love of a best friend. To feel at home with a partner. So a down to earth guy who can take a joke and have fun but to be responsible when needed and not a deadbeat.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Strength of character and sometimes physical strength gets attention from the girls.

IOW being mature.
Being a Christian Man also really helps to fish in waters left alone by most other guys.

But at your age...most girls your age are still more interested in themselves moreso than others and finding a mate.
Be you and an independent you that has something to offer someone wanting to join your tribe.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mr. Easygoing who’s extremely driven to succeed

No, thanks!
Outgoing but not a party boy.

Again, no thanks!

Give yourself a few years to let the craziness sink in and you’ll realise ....

Sadly, I DO think this applies to many, many, MANY women lol.

I dunno what kind of women you're around, but this isn't my experience at all lol. Are we talking about vapid OnlyFans type women here, with throngs of simps? Or ordinary, everyday women?

Now this is good advice! The incel mentality and subculture is incredibly toxic. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

But if they're worth having...? :)

This is great advice for both sexes, if I may say.

Troof.
The Creep Radar is a powerful tool :D Though I wouldn't say I'd "punish" anyone for giving off desperate vibes. I'd just tell them I'm not interested and go about my business.

This is once more, a weird concept to me. Not that I've never received male attention (I'm fairly certain most human beings have gotten *some* attention from the opposite sex at some point in life). I just keep picturing these 20 something tarts on the internet asking for donations from their male viewing audience. Maybe I've just moved in different spheres in my life, but I don't see ordinary women being swamped by male attention left and right.

I wouldn't give my phone number to a strange guy, no matter how charming or handsome he might be. That's just how I operate, though. I'm way too private to hand out personal information to someone I don't know. I might be persuaded to give him my Discord handle, though :p

Nice advice!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Holy bitterness, Batman!

Every woman's needs are different. Personally I just want the unconditional love of a best friend. To feel at home with a partner. So a down to earth guy who can take a joke and have fun but to be responsible when needed and not a deadbeat.

Strength of character and sometimes physical strength gets attention from the girls.

IOW being mature.
Being a Christian Man also really helps to fish in waters left alone by most other guys.

But at your age...most girls your age are still more interested in themselves moreso than others and finding a mate.
Be you and an independent you that has something to offer someone wanting to join your tribe.

Don’t listen to them, @Andrew98! They’re gonna chain you to the sink and become an idol to you :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: Listen to only the boys on this one!!!!!!! :cool: jkjkjkjkjkjk

Now this is good advice!

This is great advice for both sexes, if I may say.

Nice advice!

Sadly, I DO think this applies to many, many, MANY women lol.

Okay just once listen to this part, but everything else she writes is a dirty dirty lie! :tearsofjoy:

I dunno what kind of women you're around, but this isn't my experience at all lol. Are we talking about vapid OnlyFans type women here, with throngs of simps? Or ordinary, everyday women?

No not internet women, but whichever group of women we choose, women in general receive way more attention than men on average, to boot they rate men lower in terms of physical attractiveness than men rate women (mad but true.) So largely attention is going one way, our dating attitudes reflect that.

The women I’m writing about are the types of women that attract men. Women who get the majority of male attention. So again unicorn women may put down the pitch fork, Dr. Frankenstein isn’t finished yet :tearsofjoy:

So, you’ll hear of many different women who all say the same thing, “Oh I just fall for the wrong ones, they’re bad guys, there’s no honest men out there.”

And every honest man that she’s friend zoned is rolling his eyes in the background. :confused::eek::rolleyes::(:mad:

Very few people ever tell her “maybe you’re just attracted to jerks. Maybe you can’t read the warning signs and you’re going into these things blind.”

Almost everybody who has female friends has a female friend like this. She’s attracted to the wrong kind of man, and there’s a popular trend of women being attracted to the same wrong kind of man. Not different kinds of wrong man.

It’s not like her dating history reads

hobo

hobo

BDSM guy

hobo

hobo

:ahah:

It’s not just that they’re meeting wrong men, they’re all meeting a similar kind of wrong man.

Anyway your point, that’s a common idea we attach to women, but it’s also an idea we can (and should) attach to menfolk too.

Men have a habit of all approaching the wrong type of girl. We could put 10 different women in front of 10 different men and somehow the guys always end up picking the girl who gets a lot of attention and isn’t interested in them :tearsofjoy:

There’s a female version of the bad boy stereotype that women tend to be attracted to.

The big difference is that bad boys have romantic affairs and break hearts and make a lot of intimate enemies.

The bad (popular) girl just rejects men at the door. :tearsofjoy:

Saves the rejected men lots of time and trouble, but it also makes them feel undateable, that’s probably a little of what Andrew is going through.

He needs practical advice and confidence, like most 21 year old men. Only THE MEN can help him! :nono:

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don’t listen to them, @Andrew98! They’re gonna chain you to the sink and become an idol to you :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: Listen to only the boys on this one!!!!!!! :cool: jkjkjkjkjkjk

What?! o_O

Okay just once listen to this part, but everything else she writes is a dirty dirty lie! :tearsofjoy:

I declare, sir! :confused:

No not internet women, but whichever group of women we choose, women in general receive way more attention than men on average, to boot they rate men lower in terms of physical attractiveness than men rate women (mad but true.) So largely attention is going one way, our dating attitudes reflect that.

I think that women would be better able to speak for themselves on this? It's not true in my experience, both for myself and other women I'm acquainted with. But then, the social habits of the OP's peers (21 year olds) are quite different. I imagine most teen/college age girls get a lot more attention than older women do.

The women I’m writing about are the types of women that attract men. Women who get the majority of male attention. So again unicorn women may put down the pitch fork, Dr. Frankenstein isn’t finished yet :tearsofjoy:

OUCH. :p

So, you’ll hear of many different women who all say to_Ohe same thing, “Oh I just fall for the wrong ones, they’re bad guys, there’s no honest men out there.”

*snipped*

It’s not just that they’re meeting wrong men, they’re all meeting a similar kind of wrong man.

I honestly don't know any woman who says that :D But, again, it probably varies greatly depending on the company we keep and the social circles we move in. I think the problem of women who are attracted to "bad boys" is more complex than most people realize. And I love delving into the psychology behind such things, but this isn't the thread for that!

Anyway your point, that’s a common idea we attach to women, but it’s also an idea we can (and should) attach to menfolk too.

*snipped*

The bad (popular) girl just rejects men at the door. :tearsofjoy:

I think there are a few types of "bad girl", to be honest! That's another topic I'd love to delve into, but not right here or right now! Some of the most destructive women out there, however, are the entitled princesses as I call them. They are masters of illusion, manipulation, and destroying men, while all the while outwardly appearing demure, feminine, and innocent. They use their femininity for gain and power, rather than genuinely believing themselves to be submissive, gentle, or in need of a man. Their womanhood is nothing but a tool, a marketing ploy, a bargaining chip to get what they want.

Saves the rejected men lots of time and trouble, but it also makes them feel undateable, that’s probably a little of what Andrew is going through.

He needs practical advice and confidence, like most 21 year old men. Only THE MEN can help him! :nono:

Well, he said he's never even talked to girls before, so I hope there's no rejection included in that already. Rejection makes anyone feel unwanted and unworthy, regardless of their gender!

Hey, I think most of your advice has been sound :D But there's nobody better to tell a man what a woman wants, than a woman. I'd say the same for men. I may have opinions based on my experiences and observances about "what a man wants", but I'm never going to hold the authority to declare it absolutely because I'm not a man. And like women, what Man A wants may be vastly different from what Man B wants. Which is why I tried only to list very general things in my first response on this thread. Because what I personally like in a man would not be helpful to the OP.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@Cormack made two suggestions that really struck a chord. :)

This is a summation of my philosophy on advice of any sort. I look for people who've been where I'm going and thrived in that position. The second thing I look for is honesty and a willingness to admit their mistakes. Are they able to articulate where they erred and what they'd do differently in hindsight? The third quality is character. Being knowledgeable isn't enough. I want to drink from a healthy fountain. Who are they? How do they live and so on.

No relationship is perfect. Human connections have challenges. Some are made more difficult due to individual problems, an absence of unity, and unforgiveness. You're going to hurt and be hurt. How we handle ourselves plays a part in the outcome.

This is where the recommendation of working on yourself comes into play. There are things we need to work into our character and out of it to have healthy relationships. We all have stumbling blocks. The more intentional you are about addressing them during your singleness, the better your relationships will be in the long run.

I consider housekeeping foremost. I look at it holistically. The goal is achieving health on all levels. You have to confront the things that make you sick, imbalanced, etc. That means reviewing the past and the things you've endured. Look at the impact of your experiences and how they're affecting you today.

That's how you figure out triggers and weaknesses. You'll see cause and effect too. The discovery is important. You won't get rid of everything. Some problems fall away in our connections and others we struggle with much longer. You don't want to choose someone who exacerbates your problems or ignites your fears and triggers. That's counterproductive. You want a remedy.

This is a process of self-discovery. You can't choose the right companion until you know yourself. You'll change and grow but the core remains in place. The three things you consider in light of that are:
  • Who am I?
  • Where I am going?
  • What do I lack?
That influences your selection. You've narrowed the field because you're looking for fit. It doesn't always arrive in the guise you expect. But if you're true to yourself and consider your needs you'll be able to find her.

Fit is bilateral. It isn't a one-sided affair. The satisfaction of mutual wants and needs are important. Marriages don't end over religion. The majority break over every day matters. The balance of strengths and weaknesses is necessary. That goes back to the questions you're answering.

Then you move to the No Zone. Its compromised of characteristics and behaviors you don't want to deal with and those that are toxic to your well-being. The latter are typically firm nos. The discomforts aren't set in stone. Although many say they are. That's where compromise comes in. There are qualities we'll tolerate in one person that we won't accept in another. Because its subjective.

If they tick the right boxes you may overlook the ones they don't. That's how it works. Few get everything on their list. I don't use them when I'm working with someone. It becomes embedded in their mind and impacts their discernment. They're chasing the list instead of examining prospects. That's the wrong approach.

Practically speaking, unicorns represent scarce ideals in the fairer sex that aren't plentiful in the masses. What it implies may differ from person to person. Some desire a submissive wife, 1950s ideal, a co-pilot, etc. She's usually aware she's a unicorn due to conversations with other women and the feedback she received from men. They'll tell you.

Limited availability often warrants greater demand and breeds competition. Some men love it and some women enjoy it too. But as Christians, we're called to a different standard. Whether you're a unicorn or not, let the person know where they stand.

I decide swiftly. Because I've answered those questions. I'll tell them I'm not interested and wish them well. I don't keep corresponding. It causes problems. Oftentimes they believe I'll change my mind. I don't want to lead anyone on. That's my standard.

I broach this from a place of respect. My man is king. I won't have anyone in my sphere trying to take his place. I don't befriend men who desire to be my companion if I don't want the same. I don't like hooks or fall backs. That's unloving.

Men spend too much time chasing women who'll never have them. That's unwise. Reciprocity is beautiful. Everyone wants to be wanted. Invest your energy in someone who values you and recognizes your potential. She'll champion you if she's the right one.

Be realistic in your pursuits. The higher you go in the food chain the more work you have. As a rule, she expects more. Exceptions exist and every one believes they'll find it. But they're scarcer than scarce.

Above all, stay close to God and remain prayerful throughout. Good luck. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think that women would be better able to speak for themselves on this?

If I quote a female scientist will you believe her? :tearsofjoy: See I just don’t buy into that whole identity politics, I think good advice is good advice whether it’s men who know about women (or women who know about me.)

I don’t think I need to be a female to talk about women, in fact, sometimes getting the story from the horses mouth on either gender isn’t always the shortest route to the true story.

Like that quote of mine. It doesn’t need to be true for everyone, it’s true for most.

let’s say this, pick a number in your mind for how attractive you think you are. 1 to 100.

If you picked 60, most men will say you’re an 80. Congratulations!!! :blush::innocent:

But if we get a man who’s a legit 80, women in general will call him a 60.

It’s like speed dating.

A woman sees 10 men, she ticks the box of 1 of them, her fave.

Now flip the script, a man sees 10 women speed dating.

He ticks ALL TEN boxes and lets the magic happen where it may :tearsofjoy: In most cases he knows that she’s selecting and he’s pursuing.

Some women do pursue men, some men are passive, but it’s not the norm and wanting to actually support Andrew it’s my job to tell him something helpful.

I think there are a few types of "bad girl", to be honest!

Very true. The tough thing is that the bad boy who can break a string of girls hearts is 1 in 1,000, he’s in the minority. Whereas the girl who’s going to reject you isn’t 1 in 1,000, she’s more like 1,000 out of every 1,001 :tearsofjoy: she’s the majority (especially when men are sending out the loneliness vibe.) Bad luck snowballs for the untrained man.

They are masters of illusion, manipulation, and destroying men, while all the while outwardly appearing demure, feminine, and innocent.

And women are often more in tune with this than men! They can see it where young men can’t. Young men are unarmed, like cows wobbling into the slaughter house.... with a rose to romance her. :cowface::cowface::cowface::cowface::cowface::cowface::cowface::rose:

Their womanhood is nothing but a tool, a marketing ploy, a bargaining chip to get what they want.

Men are also a very eager marketplace. There’s demand for the product and ladies know this. :tearsofjoy: Men want to be useful to these women, I’m not saying their motives are pure and honourable, they’re not, but, especially if we’re discussing young men, they’re at a formative life stage, their fragile ego is at the mercy of any woman in their peer group, not just women they’re dating.

Well, he said he's never even talked to girls before, so I hope there's no rejection included in that already. Rejection makes anyone feel unwanted and unworthy, regardless of their gender!

Of course but men are disproportionately on the receiving end of rejection, they’re still in their traditional male role and are expected to step up and win the prize, the princess as you rightly explained :tutu: :trophy::crown:

It’s not that we need to change that or blame women for their advantages, just like I don’t want women to blame me for bench pressing more than they do.

I just think it’s good to warn Andrew that’s the way the cards are stacked, it sucks sometimes and every time you raise an objection some ladies are going to drown you out singing Christina aguilera “WE ARE BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY SINGLE WAY, YES WORDS CANT BRING US DOOOOOOWN!” But just be cool about them :tearsofjoy:

Hey, I think most of your advice has been sound :D

And bitter, don’t forget bitter ;)

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I quote a female scientist will you believe her? :tearsofjoy: See I just don’t buy into that whole identity politics, I think good advice is good advice whether it’s men who know about women (or women who know about me.)

Well, I agree to a point! Which is why I complimented much of your advice! Only that I don't think men can speak for women, nor women for men. At least not without a humble qualifier of "this is only my opinion". You may disagree on that, and that's okay.

I don’t think I need to be a female to talk about women, in fact, sometimes getting the story from the horses mouth on either gender isn’t always the shortest route to the true story.

Of course, and that's not what I said nor meant :) We can talk about the opposite sex aplenty. I just don't want to presume to speak for them.

let’s say this, pick a number in your mind for how attractive you think you are. 1 to 100.

If you picked 60, most men will say you’re an 80. Congratulations!!! :blush::innocent:

But if we get a man who’s a legit 80, women in general will call him a 60.

Ah, I don't agree at all! I think the spectrum of what women find handsome (speaking solely on appearance, not personality or other attributes) is vastly wider than men's, and what men find attractive. I know women who like skinny, shaven, dapper-dressed city boys. I know others who like beefy, rugged, bearded, lumberjack types. I know women who love bald heads, and some who can't stand them. There was a post that went up a week or so ago here on CF, where a woman was talking about what she finds desirable in men, and she posted 6-8 photos of examples. I think only 1 of them were of a man I'd give a second look at if I saw him in person. I spoke with another CFer in private who also said that she didn't find most of the examples appealing.

Some women do pursue men, some men are passive, but it’s not the norm and wanting to actually support Andrew it’s my job to tell him something helpful.

I definitely agree. I am not a fan of women who aggressively pursue men.

Very true. The tough thing is that the bad boy who can break a string of girls hearts is 1 in 1,000, he’s in the minority. Whereas the girl who’s going to reject you isn’t 1 in 1,000, she’s more like 1,000 out of every 1,001 :tearsofjoy: she’s the majority (especially when men are sending out the loneliness vibe.) Bad luck snowballs for the untrained man.

Well, there's a difference between "rejecting" and "breaking hearts".

And women are often more in tune with this than men! They can see it where young men can’t. Young men are unarmed, like cows wobbling into the slaughter house.... with a rose to romance her. :cowface::cowface::cowface::cowface::cowface::cowface::cowface::rose:

So true. I've had many male friends and acquaintances who wouldn't heed my words and wound up crushed by the nice, sweet, lovely woman who just viewed them as one in a string of many, meant for little else but shoring up their egos.

Men are also a very eager marketplace. There’s demand for the product and ladies know this. :tearsofjoy: Men want to be useful to these women, I’m not saying their motives are pure and honourable, they’re not, but, especially if we’re discussing young men, they’re at a formative life stage, their fragile ego is at the mercy of any woman in their peer group, not just women they’re dating.

If this is true (and I'd be interested to hear what other men think), then it's something that men as a culture desperately need to work on in their sons and younger brethren. No young man's self worth should be so fragile or easily swayed by a woman's opinion.

Of course but men are disproportionately on the receiving end of rejection, they’re still in their traditional male role and are expected to step up and win the prize, the princess as you rightly explained :tutu: :trophy::crown:

Perhaps what's partly to blame (at least sometimes) is the tendency for men to seek "a girlfriend" or "a woman" instead of a relationship. They aren't looking for a whole human being, a companion, someone to coalesce with and grow with and learn from. They just want a warm body on their arm. Someone to look pretty and make them feel less lonely. This can lead to a lot of hook-casting without purpose, and maybe result in more upfront rejections.

It’s not that we need to change that or blame women for their advantages, just like I don’t want women to blame me for bench pressing more than they do.

How dare you, sir. How dare you possess more muscle mass! ;)

I just think it’s good to warn Andrew that’s the way the cards are stacked, it sucks sometimes and every time you raise an objection some ladies are going to drown you out singing Christina aguilera “WE ARE BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY SINGLE WAY, YES WORDS CANT BRING US DOOOOOOWN!” But just be cool about them :tearsofjoy:

Agreed!!

And bitter, don’t forget bitter ;)

Maybe just a smidge :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Even this isn't something to bet on, since the men who have done well will naturally filter their success through their experience. This will tend to be very different from the social experiences of the men that have to ask.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Even this isn't something to bet on, since the men who have done well will naturally filter their success through their experience. This will tend to be very different from the social experiences of the men that have to ask.
Good point. How are we defining "done well"? Had a lot of relationships? Slept with a lot of women? Been deeply in love? Are on good terms with all of their exes?

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don’t think it’s speaking for women when you write what women have shared themselves. If a male (grrr those damn males :tearsofjoy:,) if a male screens 10,000 women, and 9,000 say they want their man to be taller than they are, when I come onto the topic and tell young men that women tend to value tallness I’m not speaking for women or putting words in their mouth, they put the thought in my head! :astonished::astonished::astonished::boom:

That’s not the same as you or I writing “that’s just our humble opinion” either, because it’s not an opinion, “women like tall men” is a factual thing, it implies there might be a minority who don’t, while sharing the info that more than 51% of you ladies out their want a tall bloke.

I know women who like skinny, shaven, dapper-dressed city boys. I know others who like beefy, rugged, bearded, lumberjack types. I know women who love bald heads, and some who can't stand them.

Well, more power to people who want to believe that women everywhere will choose Danny Devito over Chris Hemsworth. :tearsofjoy:

Ah, I don't agree at all!

You don’t agree that the sex who are disproportionately on the receiving end of rejection (and as a result have less opportunity to form relationships) rate women higher as an unintended result?

You also disagree that women (who have an excess of attention in comparison to the male) rate men lower in attractiveness than men rate women? The thing is that women are already receiving attention, and as a result they play hardball in finding a potential mate.

Men aren’t receiving that same attention, that results in more of a male simp atmosphere (which women often promote.) The man is in competition with other men and can’t afford to lose his place as a possible suitor by being short on praise for the woman. He must rate her higher than she rates him.

My point isn’t that women have a narrower scope of men they’re interested in, but rather that women are selective because they have options. They pick and reject, remember men are disproportionately on the receiving end of rejection because they pursue.

Women can afford to be stingy with their likes, men (who are significantly less pursued) can’t be as picky with their likes (not if they want to be successful.) This plays out in men flattering women by inflating their overall attractiveness score, while women underscore men for a variety of reasons.

We can overstate individual preferences in people, but there’s a clear trend when we do meta studies on things like attraction. Saying “we’re all different people with our own fingerprints and different wants and desires” is a non answer here, which is fine until we realise there are actually good answers available on the subject of attraction.

On the meta studies the kind of things you expect show up again and again, women want tallness, even skin, symmetrical features, hair!

Can a short man win in the game of love without hair? Sure, don’t let the fact crush you, but I say, let young guys go into this with both eyes open.

“Oh yh yh yh but I love the Rock and he’s like so bald, so women clearly have more variety in their tastes.” Yeah that’s fine but it’s baldness on top of a dump truck of muscle! :smirk: Having differences might work for men on occasion, but we need to train men for the norm, not the exception.

In the army I want troops trained to fire guns before they’re trained to do back flips and split legged kicks :eek: Will the split legged kick ever be useful???? Maybe.... but using a gun is way more common :D

Same advice for shy men, yes, there’s 1 lady unicorn out there who would love your shyness, but the vast majority won’t.

We can turn into bones and dust on this chair waiting for the magical shyness loving ladies or we can develop confidence. :p

I definitely agree. I am not a fan of women who aggressively pursue men.

Mmhmm, but about the aggressively pursuing point. People could try to muddy the waters there like how it’s already happening in the attraction topic, for example someone might reply...

“hey! You don’t anything dude, I proposed to my last husband, I initiate sex, I’m alpha in our relationship. Don’t tell me men pursue, everybody is a different body!” Literally none of that helps Andrew. :tearsofjoy: It tells him nothing about the dating world or finding someone to share life with. “Every woman is a different woman” just confounds young men and makes them helpless, so they can be further blamed by the women in their life for being useless. :smilingimp:

Just because some women are aggressive and some women will date swamp thing doesn’t mean we should tell young men to sit on their Todd looking like swamp thing and wait for these aggressive women to kick down the door and take them in a passionate embrace. They’ll be waiting a looooong time!

Well, there's a difference between "rejecting" and "breaking hearts"

Both result in that feeling of worthlessness though. The big difference is that men face the obstacle of being rejected straight from the get go, no preamble into any sort of relationship.

How dare you, sir. How dare you possess more muscle mass! ;)

Don’t forget greater bone density, them bones them bones them sexist bones :eyes:

Perhaps what's partly to blame (at least sometimes) is the tendency for men to seek "a girlfriend" or "a woman" instead of a relationship.

So it’s not the young woman’s fault, the same young woman who’s told from a young age (in the church no less) that she’s a princess and should expect to be treated as such. ;)

The same young women who due to a comparative excess of attention (compared to men) ordinarily controls the terms of the relationship in such a way that nobody really leaves happy.

The untrained man is to seek out “a whole person” to “grow and learn from” when the young women in his life have neither the depth of character to be called whole people or the wisdom to teach him anything except how to simp for them.

Now that sounds harsh, but hold your fire. :blink::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire: I’m saying if you really believe your average 20 something year old has depth of character and wisdom to teach you deep things.... you’re probably a 20 something year old. :tearsofjoy:

I’d say to this person in your 30s we can talk again and I’m sure you’ll agree, 21 year old you was like a 2D piece of paper compared to 31 year old you. The 20s are formative years, the brain isn’t even fully developed until your mid 20s.

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Good point. How are we defining "done well"? Had a lot of relationships? Slept with a lot of women? Been deeply in love? Are on good terms with all of their exes?

Bill Clinton: It depends what the meaning of “is” is. :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::tearsofjoy:

Everyone knows the qualities that make someone attractive to the opposite sex, someone possessing those qualities is a successful dater, usually getting their desired end whatever that end may be.

Again going into who wants what and where and how and what’s the definition of success is part of the kind of dating philosophy that confounds the whole process.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.