Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What do Dreams Mean?
True Story

Many years ago as the summer was in full bloom. Being 7 years old I always looked forward to bedtime. It was only after a full day of romping and playing with my six brothers and one sister that I had any time to myself. Most nights I’d dream about flying. Not in an airplane but flapping my arms and taking off. Sometimes I’d dream I was under water and when I couldn’t hold my breath any longer I’d find out that I could breath under water. This night was different; I was dreaming of a warm summer rain and playing in the mud. The summer rain was so warm and the feeling of the mud between my toes was an added extra fun. Only I didn’t know I was dreaming. You see we had just added a new member to our family. We, or I should say, my Dad had brought home a beautiful puppy. We had spent the day deciding on a name for him. How we came to the name Dusty, I don’t remember. Well I loved Dusty from the moment I saw him. I was lucky enough to grab him as I was going to bed. I thought that I would make my bed his bed too. He crawled under the sheets and within minutes was sound asleep. Feeling the warmth of his fur made me fall to sleep all that much quicker. The next morning when I woke up I felt cold and my toes were stuck together. If you haven’t figured it out yet, Dusty had gone to the bathroom under my sheets, and as for the rain and mud. I jumped out of bed screaming. You would have thought I had forgotten how to walk. Then came the problem of how do I get it off. I knew it had to be washed off, but who was going to wash it off me? I found out that day that there were certain things my parents wanted us to learn on our own. I stood in the bathtub with the water running for almost an hour. My Mom told me that sooner or later I would have to touch that area with water and soap. Even after offering her all my toys, she wouldn’t wash it off for me. My Dad stood over me laughing, saying,” Be a Man.” What in the world did that have to do with this? Well let’s just say that Dusty didn’t sleep with me any more after that night. To this day my brothers remind me of that night. That was 45 years ago. Some people just can’t seem to let go of certain things. As for what do dreams really mean? S**t happens, I guess.

By: Richard Causey