What did you get out of the Message this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsAnne

:)
Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
So what jumped out at you this week? Something the Pastor said? A particular worship song? What spoke to you?

"Character is who you are when you think no one is watching."
He reminded us (me) that every day, you are influencing someone. People are watching, even when you are completely unaware of it. How are your actions influencing them? Are you drawing people to the Kingdom by your daily existence?..... or pushing them away?

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This weekend my pastor gave the same sermon 5 times.
It was one of the worst sermons on salvation I have ever heard, it just didn't flow well, and he goofed up on some words, etc.

But at the end of each one of these sermons, you would not believe how many people came up to except Christ.
Atleast 100 people each service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That tells me that Christ's return is drawing extremely close.

Reactions: MsAnne
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This is what our Lord Jesus Christ has been saying to most concerned Christians.

Christianity is suppose to be an exciting life.

It's suppose to be void of struggles.

It's suppose to be a life of victory.

Then, why do so many Christians struggle to walk with our Lord Jesus Christ, and do the things that will please HIM?

False teaching does not feed or tend His Sheep!

Many say that when His Word is in you, then you won't need to keep watching your life and to know whether or not you are doing something wrong.

David said: "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee" (Psa. 119:11). Great words, but are they hidden in our hearts?

"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matt. 12:34).

Well, if only, the Body of Christ keeps His Word in them, then their mouth will speak only His Word and not some watered-down version of an "user-friendly" belief and doctrine.

There are many false teachers and they only speak their words, and not His Words.

“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord GOD, ‘ That I will send a famine on the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.” (Amos 8:11)

HE has been calling out to the church of the 21st Century for a long time, and they are no different to Israel, they haven't returned to our Lord Jesus Christ. And they reject all knowledge and understanding.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

MsAnne

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
It was a wonderful back-to-basics type message, about the importance of being a part of your local church. The things that jumped out at me:

1) When you are born, your most basic need is a home and a family. When you're 'born again', you also need a home and a family - your church and church body.

2) When you say, "I love God, but I just can't get into church. I don't like the people", it is like telling God - "I love you Father, but I don't like your children." When was the last time you saw someone badmouth a loving father's children? Doesn't go over too well, does it?

And this was the one that made the biggest impact on me:

3) The enemy loves and needs to divide God's children. If he can create conflict and keep you from being in the midst and safety of your church family, you are a far easier target. Think of the predator who wants to separate its prey from the group. He isn't referred to as the roaring lion seeking whom he may devour for no reason.

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Our message was on Psalm 24 and the sermon was on the need for repentance for us to go up higher. The Lord spoke to many of us during it, He has been sifting us constantly over recent months, drawing us closer to Him and a number of professions of faith were made.

Upvote 0

1usul1

Sep 9, 2008
New Zealand
✟8,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Two sermons two messages: One was about marriage and what spoke to me was how to handle a situation with a guy I know who watches inappropriate content daily, I went from being sure to not knowing.
the Second was that above all it is about knowing Jesus and that we can actually know him as a person.

Upvote 0

MsAnne

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
So good today! Here are just a few of the things I got out of it:
Where does my faith lie?
Do my beliefs line up with my actions? How about my priorities? Take a look at your calendar and your checkbook - that will be a perfect visual of your priorities. A man who works 14 hours a day may say his first priority is his family, but his calendar suggests otherwise.

Am I more concerned with being P.C., than being B.C. (Biblically correct)?
In an effort to become a country of total acceptance, we have chipped away at any common standard. If God is no longer a standard or a focal point, then what is?
Where does my faith, and therefore my actions lie?

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So good today! Here are just a few of the things I got out of it:
Where does my faith lie?
Do my beliefs line up with my actions? How about my priorities? Take a look at your calendar and your checkbook - that will be a perfect visual of your priorities. A man who works 14 hours a day may say his first priority is his family, but his calendar suggests otherwise.

Am I more concerned with being P.C., than being B.C. (Biblically correct)?
In an effort to become a country of total acceptance, we have chipped away at any common standard. If God is no longer a standard or a focal point, then what is?
Where does my faith, and therefore my actions lie?

Your faith lies in His Inspired Word and our Lord Jesus Christ, and not the false gospel that flows around the foyers of the Body of Christ.

Faith comes from hearing His Inspired Word, not some false gospel that flows around the foyers of the Body of Christ.

So what is your struggle at the moment?:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BillynJennifer

Veteran
Sep 16, 2005
KY
✟9,613.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
2) When you say, "I love God, but I just can't get into church. I don't like the people", it is like telling God - "I love you Father, but I don't like your children." When was the last time you saw someone badmouth a loving father's children? Doesn't go over too well, does it?

I had to put this in there. I have said that very thing to my dad, though. "I love you dad, but I really don't like your other kids." Just got a chuckle.

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread just then...

Reactions: msbojingles
Upvote 0

MsAnne

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Your faith lies in His Inspired Word and our Lord Jesus Christ,...
Exactly!
No struggle necessarily - I am always challenged by the message. I know each week God has something for me. I just want to make sure my actions and priorities do indeed line up with what I so deeply believe.

Reactions: Deba
Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
We started a member-lead study through the book of Acts. The young man teaching covered Acts 1:1-8. He expounded on the word 'witness' as meaning more than a eye-witness type witness, but it meant a witness who came with evidence.

Yeh!!!!

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Exactly!
No struggle necessarily - I am always challenged by the message. I know each week God has something for me. I just want to make sure my actions and priorities do indeed line up with what I so deeply believe.

My dear sister, I take every day one at a time.

Each day HE shows me something, and then next day I forget what HE showed me.

This is life, we go forward two steps, and then slide back one step.

When our actions don't line up with what we so deeply believe can also be the work of the enemy.

We line up to HIS desires and His Word, and that is what counts.

Yes, we fail HIM, but there is on certainity His grace, mercy, and love keeps us going.

So many Christians I know that if it wasn't for their heartfelt love for our Lord Jesus Christ they wouldn't be here today, and I am one of them.

When HE is our life, our love of our life, and all we can do is keep on going believing in HIM, our Lord Jesus Christ, and keep confessing and repenting our sins and failures, and most of all forgiving those who trespass against us. HIS forgiveness is so much, then what else can we do but keep going, and fighting a good fight of faith.

Thanks You, Lord Jesus Christ for your grace, mercy, love and forgiveness.

Blessings.:)

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Our message was on Psalm 24 and the sermon was on the need for repentance for us to go up higher. The Lord spoke to many of us during it, He has been sifting us constantly over recent months, drawing us closer to Him and a number of professions of faith were made.
Wow, Irene that was what I got from the sermon here as well. I'm not sure how many people at my church picked up on that though. :)

The main message at church yesterday was "repentance" and our reading was Mark 1:4-11. The minister gave the Hebraic and Greek renderings of the word "repent", - basically "to repent" is to have a 'change of heart' or 'determining/resolving to turning away' from what is keeping you from a deeper relationship with the Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IowaPastor

Spirit-Filled United Methodist
Jul 12, 2008
Iowa
✟8,345.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
This week's sermon dealt with how the fundamentals of the Christian faith are so important. If we don't have the basics we won't do well over all--kind of like how fundamentals are important in basketball or football, etc.

Moreover, my pastor talked about the importance of the spirit baptism. It's when we receive this that we'll be empowered to do ministry, to go out and witness.

It was a wonderful message!!! I seriously dobut many liked it or "got" it. (My church is far from being spirit-filled or even wanting it.)

I know that I want EVERYTHING that God has to offer me!

Be Blessed...

Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
This week's sermon dealt with how the fundamentals of the Christian faith are so important. If we don't have the basics we won't do well over all--kind of like how fundamentals are important in basketball or football, etc.

Moreover, my pastor talked about the importance of the spirit baptism. It's when we receive this that we'll be empowered to do ministry, to go out and witness.

It was a wonderful message!!! I seriously dobut many liked it or "got" it. (My church is far from being spirit-filled or even wanting it.)

I know that I want EVERYTHING that God has to offer me!

Be Blessed...

That's really cool. He keeps preaching those sermons, it won't be long before your church is full of spirit-filled believers.

Upvote 0

IowaPastor

Spirit-Filled United Methodist
Jul 12, 2008
Iowa
✟8,345.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
That's really cool. He keeps preaching those sermons, it won't be long before your church is full of spirit-filled believers.

Thanks Deba! I wish that were true...sadly he's being forced out of this UMC--my home church. In fact, Easter Sunday is his last Sunday. I'm terribly sad about that...grief stricken really. (I'm planning to move on at the end of May, after I fulfill an obligation there.) I'm close to, if not the only one, who has become spirit-filled while he's been here.

My pastor's sermons are so good...I learn so much...

Evidently, a noisy minority doesn't want the Bible preached. They seem to just want fluff and entertainment, prosperity gospel, etc. UGH!! Actually, some are saying he's preaching from the Bible too much. Huh? Exactly how is that possible?:doh::doh: :confused: :confused:

Oh boy, I may have rambled a bit too much...my poor little brain is frozen (like the weather outside)! And I think I'm getting a sinus infection.

Be Blessed,

Signed, A Wet Blanket and a Stick in the Mud :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.