Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is politics? Is it nothing more than man's ideals upon which one wishes to gain a following and gain a position of power from that following?
Never once did Jesus play the political game. Nor did He care, what form of government was in control.
Shouldn't we as believers be about the Father's business as He was? When did Jesus have a protest against the Roman gov't? Did he endorse any leaders of His time? Yes, as christians in the nation we have the moral obligation to vote for those we believe to have moral character.
Should we be so involved in a worldly politcs that we are no heavenly good? Unsaved people will continue to vote in more immoral ideals and people.
Maybe, we should get back to preaching the GOOD NEWS and show people JESUS instead of trying to convert them to a political party.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, as christians in the nation we have the moral obligation to vote for those we believe to have moral character.
There are times when I have have not been voting, really, for the candidate . . . whom I didn't even know > how can we really know someone making a show? We see how well a number of humans are doing in the United States, in choosing whom they marry. And they have spent maybe a lot of time with the one they decide to marry; and that can be a lot more time than they spend really getting to know a candidate.

So, I might vote morals. But what seems to help me is I offer my vote to God, as a prayer for however He will bless the candidate to do well.

Reactions: Nettle
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Should we be so involved in a worldly politcs that we are no heavenly good?
This is an interesting switch :)

I have heard ones saying to not be so heavenly that we are of no earthly good :)

By the way . . . what is good? I understand that if we simply do what God has us do, He will bring His results.

I think of how this worked with Abraham. He offered up his son Isaac, like God told him to do. And here is what the LORD said after Abraham simply obeyed >

"'In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.'" (Genesis 22:18)

Abraham obeyed God who is all-loving, and so Abraham's one work of obedience has gotten "all the nations of the earth" "blessed". He obeyed God all-loving; so he got God's all-loving results.

If you an individual do what God has you do, He brings results worth more than what many secular presidents in all their lifetimes combined have accomplished.

This works by good example > 1 Peter 5:3.

And obey how God has us pray > 1 Timothy 3:1-10. God's word says to do this, "first of all". So, this is guaranteed to bring God's results.

And there are other things God's word says to do; so this all is guaranteed to work, as is possible with God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What is politics? Is it nothing more than man's ideals upon which one wishes to gain a following and gain a position of power from that following?
Never once did Jesus play the political game. Nor did He care, what form of government was in control.
Shouldn't we as believers be about the Father's business as He was? When did Jesus have a protest against the Roman gov't? Did he endorse any leaders of His time? Yes, as christians in the nation we have the moral obligation to vote for those we believe to have moral character.
Should we be so involved in a worldly politcs that we are no heavenly good? Unsaved people will continue to vote in more immoral ideals and people.
Maybe, we should get back to preaching the GOOD NEWS and show people JESUS instead of trying to convert them to a political party.
I agree.

I just remind myself that it is 'American Christianity.' We should be more invested in the business of the heavenly kingdom, and the business on earth will inevitably be influenced.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Except that Jesus offended the hierarchy of His religion, when he drove out the
money changers and called them vipers and blind guides.

He wasn't beyond standing up against injustice and the message he
brought trumped all political regimes of his time and through today.

Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Jesus went after the corruption in religion. I do not remember him going after the governmental authorities of the time. He did speak on injustice but on the individual level. If He would have went after the Roman government His crucifixion would have been justified by the law. Pilate found no fault in Him.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Amen!

Politics has no place in the pulpit.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Jesus went after the corruption in religion. I do not remember him going after the governmental authorities of the time. He did speak on injustice but on the individual level. If He would have went after the Roman government His crucifixion would have been justified by the law. Pilate found no fault in Him.

Jesus was also practical. He probably knew that to over thrown the Roman government would take a large army and war. He opposed that.

However, in time, the Roman Government fell, and Christianity continued and is
still here. So, apparently Jesus was right, the Romans were not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi by this logic there are countless things Jesus never did never said one could say. Yet according the word God is in all of that. It effects people as in the Righteous. Could be a simple job you have where the owner is of the world yet God will bless that company because of the righteous that work there. Yet we know in politics there are countless believers with in even like it or not believe it or not Presidents, kings, Queens that also are believers.

Christ...did He not say why He came? Trying to tie that to politics? The simple fact He came to His own frist..just them.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are told to let our light shine in the world and to oppose darkness. How can Christians in good conscience not use the God given freedom we have in this country to vote for righteousness as much as is possible. Christians taking no stake in the political realm is inviting evil to flourish and the fastest path to destruction for this country God gave us.

Upvote 0

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was also practical. He probably knew that to over thrown the Roman government would take a large army and war. He opposed that.

However, in time, the Roman Government fell, and Christianity continued and is
still here. So, apparently Jesus was right, the Romans were not.
Jesus did not overthrow the Roman Government because He was not sent to do so at the time. He was sent to be the perfect sacrifice. He will return to put an end to all manmade governments. He could have easily called down legions of angels and destroyed Rome. This is what the Jewish people were expecting Messiah to do.

• Agree
Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are told to let our light shine in the world and to oppose darkness. How can Christians in good conscience not use the God given freedom we have in this country to vote for righteousness as much as is possible. Christians taking no stake in the political realm is inviting evil to flourish and the fastest path to destruction for this country God gave us.
Why do we believe God gave us this Nation? When satan stood and offered Jesus all the worlds kingdoms at a point in time I do not recall Jesus saying America was already His. Our nation was not founded by the God fearing men we were brainwashed as Christians to believe. Jefferson was a diest and did not believe in Jesus. Washington and Franklin were deep into the occult that is freemasonry. The only reason they mention Biblical principles is that the majority of the population was Christian at that time. This is the reason for freedom of religion i.e. worship any diety in any way that you see fit a basic masonic belief.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do we believe God gave us this Nation? When satan stood and offered Jesus all the worlds kingdoms at a point in time I do not recall Jesus saying America was already His. Our nation was not founded by the God fearing men we were brainwashed as Christians to believe. Jefferson was a diest and did not believe in Jesus. Washington and Franklin were deep into the occult that is freemasonry. The only reason they mention Biblical principles is that the majority of the population was Christian at that time. This is the reason for freedom of religion i.e. worship any diety in any way that you see fit a basic masonic belief.
If one cannot see Gods blessing on this nation they must be blind. Men do not have to be saintly to be used of God. What nation has done more to spread the Gospel around the world? Way too many events in our history have the touch of God for this nation to be an accident.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, God has allowed America to flourish. He also allowed the Babylonians to prosper and used them for His will. Does that mean that Babylon was a Nation that believed in God? What of Rome? Greece and all the other world empires? Just because a nation is doing well does not mean it is a Godly nation. All things are under His rule and used for His reasons. The only Nation God claims is Israel. Never said this Nation was an accident God does not make mistakes. As far as spreading the Good News most of what this nation spreads is not about sin or repentance or surrender it is a feel good watered down ear tickling bunch of nonsense. As a matter of fact many true believers and preachers in the rest of the world wish we would keep or Americanized christianiry at home. Because the feel good about yourself gospel does not lead people to Christ, why it tells me I am ok the way I am. God is all love and will not condemn anyone to hell. So it is all good. Just have Jesus as your sidekick and not your Lord and Savior.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just sayin, Jesus was very much involved in politics. The sanhedrin was the government, made up of pharisees and saducees. It's the government of Israel, in the end that got him crucufied. The scriptures are full of stories of Jesus bumping heads with the sanhedrin. umm, hand washing, sitting with gentiles, working on the sabbath, etc...

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just because a nation is doing well does not mean it is a Godly nation.
I never said this was A Godly nation I did say God gave us this nation. It is up to us as to how Godly it is. This nation was founded on principles of freedom seen nowhere else in the world. We are the last best hope for the world even with all of our faults.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did not overthrow the Roman Government because He was not sent to do so at the time. He was sent to be the perfect sacrifice. He will return to put an end to all manmade governments. He could have easily called down legions of angels and destroyed Rome. This is what the Jewish people were expecting Messiah to do.

I agree, but Jesus also knew what violence would be necessary to overthrow
the Roman government. Jews learned the lesson in 70AD when they tried,
and the Jewish Dysphoria resulted.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Jefferson, Franklin and Washington were not the only signers of the
Declaration of Independence. John Adams, who was a Christian also
signed. Also, Charles Caroll was a Catholic who signed the document]
as well.

Upvote 0