What did Jesus actually mean in Matthew 7:21-23?

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,511.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus rejects those who are "workers of lawlessness". That is his statement on who he will reject, not mine. Comparing the passages together, the workers of lawlessness will likely either:
a) receive the mark but think their works are enough to save them, thus they mention them trying to justify themselves
b) have died before the Anti-Christ came to being and thus never were subjected to the Mark
c) both a and b.

I think the answer there can be c 100%

But your number keeps moving, first you said no Christians, now it's there's some but they are small in number so not worth mentioning. Which is it?

Which is it?

It's this: "There are no Christians left when Jesus returns."

I shouldn't have to go into exceptions that are inconsequential for this discussion. Take a look at this:

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Notice that "all" is not really all. There are exceptions that are inconsequential. It's something we have to roll with.

What about your b)?

Why would someone be rejected at the first resurrection? Wouldn't they just have to wait for the second one instead?

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,511.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This following verse from the Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins is like Matthew 7:23:

Matthew 25:12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.
Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

But there are no Christians around when Jesus returns due to the Mark of the Beast.

The first bridegroom is the fake Jesus (false prophet.) The virgins awaken when he arrives. He fools the foolish virgins and they take the Mark. The wise virgins are killed. Then the real Jesus shows up.

Who is Jesus rejecting? The now ex-Christians who had taken the Mark.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This following verse from the Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins is like Matthew 7:23:

Matthew 25:12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.
Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

But there are no Christians around when Jesus returns due to the Mark of the Beast.

The first bridesmaid is the fake Jesus (false prophet.) The virgins awaken when he arrives. He fools the foolish virgins and they take the Mark. The wise virgins are killed. Then the real Jesus shows up.

Who is Jesus rejecting? The now ex-Christians who had taken the Mark.

Where in the parable of the virgins does it even imply that the virgins are killed? You are reading way into that, overwhelmingly so.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,008.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Where in the parable of the virgins does it even imply that the virgins are killed? You are reading way into that, overwhelmingly so.
"And while they went to buy it, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went with him into the wedding banquet; and the door was shut." Not killed. But missed Christ.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"And while they went to buy it, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went with him into the wedding banquet; and the door was shut." Not killed. But missed Christ.
This person was implying those who went with Christ were killed. Actually it wasn't even that they tried to imply it, they said "The wise virgins are killed."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,511.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

OK, you got me. Simple explanation with a heavy baggage. The parable describes the situation surrounding the Mark of the Beast. Why do I say that? That's the heavy baggage that probably requires a complete article.

Upvote 0