Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm really worried and confused. I feel sometimes like I went too far. Hebrews 6:4-6 seems to say I can't come back from backsliding (I even had a Taoist phase, I regret it so much. A lot of verses seem to say like IF you perservere and believe 100% to the end you'll be saved otherwise not), later it says there is no sacrifice for wilful sin. I know earlier today I had a feeling of "it's not that bad I can be forgiven later" and did something that I knew was sinful even though I repented I still feel awful because I don't know if that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit or will be unforgiven on Judgement Day because no sacrifice for sins is left. I also have had a struggle with cuss words and one popped up when I was trying to contemplate the previous concern and I said in my mind (The Holy (blank) Spirit) and I instantly regretted it but I feel like the Bible says I am condemned.

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm really worried and confused. I feel sometimes like I went too far. Hebrews 6:4-6 seems to say I can't come back from backsliding (I even had a Taoist phase, I regret it so much. A lot of verses seem to say like IF you perservere and believe 100% to the end you'll be saved otherwise not), later it says there is no sacrifice for wilful sin. I know earlier today I had a feeling of "it's not that bad I can be forgiven later" and did something that I knew was sinful even though I repented I still feel awful because I don't know if that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit or will be unforgiven on Judgement Day because no sacrifice for sins is left. I also have had a struggle with cuss words and one popped up when I was trying to contemplate the previous concern and I said in my mind (The Holy (blank) Spirit) and I instantly regretted it but I feel like the Bible says I am condemned.
Post Note: The one about Wilful sin is Hebrews 10:26-31

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Speaking out against the Holy Spirit (and meaning it)
is the only unforgivable sin. But even that sin can be
confessed and forgiven. Jesus has already forgiven all
other sins. You just need to accept the gift.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is the refusal to take Christ as Saviour (and thus denying the Holy Spirit which came down on Him at his Baptism).

Its the only unforgivable sin because it is the refusal to accept the gift Christ offers.

Nobody who accepts Christ is committing the unforgivable sin.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you remember the story of the prodigal son? Do you think that you are a semblance of this prodigal son? Do you remember the fathers reaction when he saw his son returning home? God reacts to all of us the same way that this father reacted to his son. He welcomes us with open arms, with joy and happiness.

Live your life the way that God wants you to. Let the Holy Spirit guide you in all things. Ask Gods' blessing on all things that you do. If he doesn't give you His blessing don't do it. Put all things in you life in Gods hands. If you will do this you will be happy, with peace and joy on the inside.

May God bless you.

Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0