What denominations does CF belong to?

What tradition do you belong to?

• Total voters

onetruechurch4

Christianity is the only true philosophy.
Jul 8, 2017
New England
✟15,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am obviously new here and I am just trying to get into the groove of things. I just wanted to conduct a little survey on what theologies people on CF hold to. I know I probably missed a few, if I did, just tell us in the thread. (Note: Groups not holding to the Nicene Trinity are not consider Christians in this section and thus have not been listed).

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Attended a Baptist school K-8th grade, Baptised Methodist, Converted to RCC, reverted to Lutheranism....

Upvote 0

onetruechurch4

Jul 8, 2017
New England
✟15,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Attended a Baptist school K-8th grade, Baptised Methodist, Converted to RCC, reverted to Lutheranism....

I was baptized a Baptist, then I converted to Catholicism 15 years later.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Cradle catholic, post Vatican II backslider who embraced Monty Python, Ronnie Barker and British humour in general in the seventies, drifted into new Age Buddhism slowly but surely, liked meditation but got sick of the idea of coming back in the next life as a grasshopper or just not being guaranteed to be born in Australia again, finally reverted to good ol' RC about 18 months ago. Praise the Lord! Have I discovered the truth? I don't know but more importantly, am I living it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

onetruechurch4

Jul 8, 2017
New England
✟15,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
apostolic/pentecostal my Dads side was bred pentecostal but now apostolic slight differences but in many cases the about the same.

Apostolic Pentecostals are Modalist, correct?

• Friendly
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Apostolic Pentecostals are Modalist, correct?
yep which is why I stay away from the topic of who God is unless there's a certain OP on it because the belief isn't considered christian on here.

I know quite a few non denominational people that hold the same belief though but they do the same respect the Forum rules.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Catholic on moms side, non-drinking alchoholic on dads side, was a Satanist for a few years, became a Jesus Freak in the 70's (still am one comes to that) but now follow in an Anabaptist like tradition. :wave:
tulc(Anabaptist's: one of only a few thing Roman Catholics and Protestants agreed about in the 16th and 17th centuries) :sigh:

Upvote 0

onetruechurch4

Jul 8, 2017
New England
✟15,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was born a reprobate, a child of wrath, fit for destruction. I was raised a Roman Catholic and was made twice the son of hell that I was before. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved me, even when I was dead in my trespasses, made me alive together with Christ — by grace I have been saved. I left the Roman church and fellowshipped with the Christians.

You mean the Evangelicals? Because I use to be an Evangelical Christian until I became a Catholic Christian.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am obviously new here and I am just trying to get into the groove of things. I just wanted to conduct a little survey on what theologies people on CF hold to. I know I probably missed a few, if I did, just tell us in the thread. (Note: Groups not holding to the Nicene Trinity are not consider Christians in this section and thus have not been listed).
I've always been kind of evangelical, interested in a wide range of topics. CF has a broad base which is it's charm so you can go toe to toe with an atheist in one thread and share highly delicate theological issues on another. I enjoy Wesleyan theology and with some serious reservations consider myself Calvinist. Lately I've been looking more closely at traditional Catholic theology, which believe it or not, is not exactly a giant leap for an old school Protestant.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

onetruechurch4, Welcome to CF!!

I firmly believe that the house churches in the Book of Acts were the churches that Jesus Christ wanted His disciples to establish.

Modern-day churches pale in comparison to the house churches in the Book of Acts.

That being said....although I am not affiliated with Newsong Church (Santa Ana, California) in any way, I think that Newsong Church has the right focus - serving the local community/impacting the local community through love.

My personal church journey

I was raised in Presbyterian churches (Korean Presbyterian churches).

(The Presbyterian Church is the largest Protestant Christian denomination in South Korea).

I attended a Korean Baptist church for a couple of years when I was a high school student.

After I graduated from university, I taught English in South Korea for 9 years.

While I was living in South Korea, I attended the Presbyterian church where my mother and father had their wedding ceremony.

Then I attended a Reformed church (in South Korea) that is closely tied to the Canadian Reformed Churches.

Although I loved the doctrine and theology of the Canadian Reformed Churches (especially the Heidelberg Catechism), the Reformed church that I attended would not allow me to participate in Communion because I was not an "official member" of the Reformed church.

I left the Reformed church that I had been attending (I was very sad when I left the Reformed church).

During the final 4 years that I lived in South Korea, I made the mistake of becoming a member of a cult-like church that is an ultra-conservative offshoot of the Presbyterian Church in Korea.

After I permanently returned to the United States in 2012, I attended one semester at the Presbyterian Theological Seminary in America (PTSA), a Korean-language seminary that is affiliated with the liberal branch of the Presbyterian Church in Korea.

Then I attended a dispensational theological seminary for 3 semesters.

I wanted to study at Westminster Seminary California (Escondido, California)....but my father adamantly refused to allow me to study there because he has an intense dislike for conservative theology.

After I left the dispensational seminary, I attended the English Ministry (EM) Sunday worship services at a Korean Assemblies of God church but I did not find Christian community at that church.

For at least 3 or 4 months, I did not attend church at all.

Because I was raised to believe that Sunday church attendance is mandatory, I began attending Sunday worship services at the largest Korean church in Orange County, California (4,000 church members).

To make a long story short, I disliked the fact that the senior pastor droned on and on and on for one hour every Sunday.

In early 2017, I began attending Wednesday night Bible studies at a local Church of the Nazarene.

A few months later....with my mother's blessing, I made a clean break with the Korean Church and began attending my local Church of the Nazarene on Sundays as well as on Wednesdays.

Although my local Church of the Nazarene has less than 30 church members, I have finally found a church that I can call my spiritual home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0