What denomination does not celebrate Christmas?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It depends how you define Christmas. I can assure you that today in Vietnam Christmas decorations are in the major public areas, but virtually nobody there is a Christian, much less associates the holiday with the religion. Interestingly, Black Friday is celebrated in Vietnam, but not Thanksgiving.
Perhaps it helps to realize it is not a Biblical holiday ?
Multitudes of 'Christians' celebrate Christmas, but not in the Bible.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,173.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it helps to realize it is not a Biblical holiday ?
Multitudes of 'Christians' celebrate Christmas, but not in the Bible.
The angels celebrated Christ's birth. That's in the Bible.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,173.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty confident from your other posts for a while, that you know that that was absolutely nothing at all like "Christmas" ....
Have you ever celebrated the Nativity of our Lord in an Eastern Orthodox Church? That's what I am referring to when I talk about Christmas, not the secular hijack of the feast day.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Have you ever celebrated the Nativity of our Lord in an Eastern Orthodox Church? That's what I am referring to when I talk about Christmas, not the secular hijack of the feast day.
Few people I have ever heard of are Eastern Orthodox, and on this thread/ forum/ most everyone is other, right ?

(I don't believe angels are denominational )

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,173.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Few people I have ever heard of are Eastern Orthodox, and on this thread/ forum/ most everyone is other, right ?

(I don't believe angels are denominational )
So can I assume that your answer to my question is "no"?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The only group I know are the Jehovah's Witnesses, and they aren't Christian.

Actually, at the time of the English Reformation virtually no Christians in England engaged in Christmas festivities as we know them today. Christmas trees, being German, were entirely unknown. Until the beginning of the twentieth century groups such as various Baptists, Quakers, Congregationalists, Presbyterians, and some Methodists did not observe December 25 as a holiday. In actual fact, Thanksgiving gained status as a religious holiday much faster than Christmas. To this day, Thanksgiving carries far fewer secular connotations (except, perhaps the growing popularity of the related "Black Friday" holiday) than does Christmas.

Upvote 0