• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What could be the difference between youth sins, adult sins

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by lambofgod43985889, Oct 20, 2020.

1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Well-Known Member Supporter

+354
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    I think youth sins have repercussions for all the rest of your life... Am I mistaken?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jaedan

Jaedan New Member

+18
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Well, if we indeed reap what we sow, of course, we are going to have to deal with repercussions in our adulthood. (if these sins do have such repercussions)

3. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! My Weakness for His Strength Supporter

+820
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Some of mine have.

4. lambofgod43985889

+354
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    Then Jesus punishes for a lifetime? God is merciful and forgives; I get contradictions... Sure the word of God is not contradictory but says he forgives, but maybe he takes his time for punishment.

5. GOD Shines Forth!

+820
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I personally see it as consequences from the Fall (in Adam), that everyone is subject to. Our punishment was taken by Jesus, but our saved lives play out in this fallen realm where we are subject to many ups and downs. We are secure but are not spared all natural consequences (due to ourselves or others).

6. lambofgod43985889

+354
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    Does God makes us pay as He did with King David? To fulfill our offense?

7. Jaedan

Jaedan New Member

+18
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I don't think God directly makes us pay. However, sometimes I think he only allows our consequences to stay present. Moreover, As the other poster said, we are not immune to the natural consequences of sin (natural cause and effect).

Nonetheless, at the end of the day, God can still use the consequences of our sin to bring us closer to him. To seek and ask him for forgiveness, or help us understand not to make certain mistakes that we made in the past again.

8. lambofgod43985889

+354
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    This is similar to say what I wrote before... implies forgiveness suffering?

9. GOD Shines Forth!

+820
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    No, natural consequences springing from our/others' actions are the issue. You could say He allows it and uses it to teach us. Maybe I misunderstood your OP, sorry.

10. lambofgod43985889

+354
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    Being God, he can be softer or more challenging. Do exist natural consequences, or God controls all? God controls all.