What could be holding me back from deliverance?

Gewn Brown

Feb 21, 2020
Michigan
✟9,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was raised Christian but I stopped going to church and reading the Bible some years ago when I had some health and relationship problems. I'm trying to get back into my faith because I desperately need God now and I need deliverance from evil in my life. I'm calling out to God with all my heart, reading and praying over scripture, and I got rebaptized but I still don't feel God's presence in my life like I did when I was a child, teen and in my early twenties. I want God back in my life more than anything, but I feel like I've done something to make God turn away from me that I don't know what it is to even repent for it. I feel lost and I don't know what to do.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was raised Christian but I stopped going to church and reading the Bible some years ago when I had some health and relationship problems. I'm trying to get back into my faith because I desperately need God now and I need deliverance from evil in my life. I'm calling out to God with all my heart, reading and praying over scripture, and I got rebaptized but I still don't feel God's presence in my life like I did when I was a child, teen and in my early twenties. I want God back in my life more than anything, but I feel like I've done something to make God turn away from me that I don't know what it is to even repent for it. I feel lost and I don't know what to do.

God doesn't want you to go by feeling but by the knowledge of His truth in the power of love. If you have faith in Jesus, live out of that faith, not because you want to feel good but because you love God and know you are saved from your sins. The more you focus on knowing God through his word to us the freer your faith life will become in Him.

To feel can be deceptive and many love feeling good and then think that the good feeling is God or from God but suffering from a depressive illness myself i often can't feel the presence of God but i know Him to be with me regardless of what i'm feeling, so that is okay.

It is incredible how strong our faith in God can become when we go by knowledge of Him and don't rely on our feeling world to stay in touch with Him.

Trust God's word to tell you true and follow Him instead of lovely feelings that can betray us any time our mood turns bad.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Salvadore

Feb 2, 2020
Nashville
✟40,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
God knows your heart. It sounds like you turned away from God and went your own way for a time. God has been there. Thank and praise Him for not leaving you and practice His presence in your life. It might take some time to feel God's presence, but He has not left you. Do what you need to do to remove yourself from unhealthy relationships and temptations. Stay close to other Christians so that God is on your mind often. I hope this helps. It has helped me to keep like-minded people close.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Who said you need deliverance?
The Scripture says that faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Jude tells us to build up our holy faith by praying in the Spirit.

Have you ever been to a fortune teller, or used a Ouija board? If you have, and you have never confessed it to the Lord and renounced it, that might be causing a blockage to your faith. Otherwise I suggest that if your pastor doesn't preach the Bible, but preaches experiences and feelings, then go to Youtube and view a few of John MacArthur's Bible teaching. That will be faith-building.

And putting Philippians 4:6-7 into practice:
"Be not anxious for anything, but through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God, and the peace of God that passes all understand will keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."

So, getting soaked in the preaching of the Word, and regular prayer where you just speak your heart to God, will certainly build up your faith and give you the assurance that you are truly fellowshipping with the Lord, as the Holy Spirit witnesses to your spirit that you are truly a child of God.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,644.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who seek with a whole heart will find.

Prioritise Him.

Get into lively fellowship with good teaching you feel you are feeding on.

Read John, Acts, Romans, slowly, prayerfully, thankfully.

Keep us up with your progress.

I had 13 years away - His arms are open wide but we must put Him first in ALL things,

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
still don't feel God's presence in my life like I did when I was a child, teen and in my early twenties. I want God back in my life more than anything,

You had some great advice, are you going to do the hard practical thing and follow it?

You want God in your life more than anything! So rather than mess around looking for 'feelings' get stuck in to serving God in your church, reading and praying about the Bible, praying intelligently for the world, Christine being perscuted the sick in your community.

Investigate the facts behind Christianity and live for Jesus.

Upvote 0

Gewn Brown

Feb 21, 2020
Michigan
✟9,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God doesn't want you to go by feeling but by the knowledge of His truth in the power of love. If you have faith in Jesus, live out of that faith, not because you want to feel good but because you love God and know you are saved from your sins. The more you focus on knowing God through his word to us the freer your faith life will become in Him.

To feel can be deceptive and many love feeling good and then think that the good feeling is God or from God but suffering from a depressive illness myself i often can't feel the presence of God but i know Him to be with me regardless of what i'm feeling, so that is okay.

It is incredible how strong our faith in God can become when we go by knowledge of Him and don't rely on our feeling world to stay in touch with Him.

Trust God's word to tell you true and follow Him instead of lovely feelings that can betray us any time our mood turns bad.

Peace.

I need his help and I'm constantly praying yet nothing is happening. How would you feel? You can only go on for so long before you start to despair.

Upvote 0

Gewn Brown

Feb 21, 2020
Michigan
✟9,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God knows your heart. It sounds like you turned away from God and went your own way for a time. God has been there. Thank and praise Him for not leaving you and practice His presence in your life. It might take some time to feel God's presence, but He has not left you. Do what you need to do to remove yourself from unhealthy relationships and temptations. Stay close to other Christians so that God is on your mind often. I hope this helps. It has helped me to keep like-minded people close.

I didn't really choose to turn away from God. I became depressed and gave up all hope for a long time. I don't know what I have that's unhealthy or tempting that I haven't already forsaken. I'm alone most of the time. Since my parents passed away I haven't been around any other Christians or people in general. I have one good friend and she's an atheist and she doesn't really believe the problem I'm having is real. I've gone to church after work every day for the last two weeks and I'm still not being delivered from this evil.

• Prayers
Reactions: Salvadore
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gewn Brown

Feb 21, 2020
Michigan
✟9,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who said you need deliverance?
The Scripture says that faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Jude tells us to build up our holy faith by praying in the Spirit.

Have you ever been to a fortune teller, or used a Ouija board? If you have, and you have never confessed it to the Lord and renounced it, that might be causing a blockage to your faith. Otherwise I suggest that if your pastor doesn't preach the Bible, but preaches experiences and feelings, then go to Youtube and view a few of John MacArthur's Bible teaching. That will be faith-building.

And putting Philippians 4:6-7 into practice:
"Be not anxious for anything, but through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God, and the peace of God that passes all understand will keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."

So, getting soaked in the preaching of the Word, and regular prayer where you just speak your heart to God, will certainly build up your faith and give you the assurance that you are truly fellowshipping with the Lord, as the Holy Spirit witnesses to your spirit that you are truly a child of God.

I've never done any witchcraft or anything. I'm being attacked at night and I want it to stop. I need deliverance from this evil. God is the only one that can help me but all I'm getting is silence. I feel like I want to give up, I love God but he doesn't love me anymore.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If he's holding something over your head, it's not going to be a mystery. If you don't know it, you will learn soon as you dive into the Scriptures. He's patient and gentle like that. He's not like some secret police interrogator who will beat you into confessing without letting you know the charges against you. He is a God who meets people where they are at, like Zaccheus and Matthew and the tax collector at the back of the temple.

Upvote 0

Gewn Brown

Feb 21, 2020
Michigan
✟9,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If he's holding something over your head, it's not going to be a mystery. If you don't know it, you will learn soon as you dive into the Scriptures. He's patient and gentle like that. He's not like some secret police interrogator who will beat you into confessing without letting you know the charges against you. He is a God who meets people where they are at, like Zaccheus and Matthew and the tax collector at the back of the temple.

I am reading scriptures, but I need help now or I'll die.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am reading scriptures, but I need help now or I'll die.
If he lets that happen, you'll be in Heaven with him. But I don't think he'll let that happen anytime soon. Either way, you don't have to worry about dying.

Upvote 0

Gewn Brown

Feb 21, 2020
Michigan
✟9,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If he lets that happen, you'll be in Heaven with him. But I don't think he'll let that happen anytime soon. Either way, you don't have to worry about dying.

If He won't save me from this and I die the demon will take me. I'm so scared to sleep or be alone.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If He won't save me from this and I die the demon will take me. I'm so scared to sleep or be alone.
No demon can take a sincere believer. Jesus has authority over death and no one can snatch anyone from his hand.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why won't God stop it from hurting me? Does He not see my as a sincere believer?
I don't know whether or not a demon is actually physically assaulting you, or if you're dealing with something neurological and Satan is just exploiting that to get to you. But you are alive, and I hope that is a positive sign to you. I am praying for you either way.

Upvote 0