Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Col 1:26 , reads The Mystery the one HAVING BEEN KEPT SECRET from the AGES , and from the generations , BUT now was MADE MANIFEST to his saints .

#1 The first Greek THE /HO means it is pointing the word MYSTERY / MUSTERION .

#2 THE / HO is in the ACCUSTACTIVE CASE which means Limited to the MYSTERY and is in the SINGLUAR and means only one MYSTERY and not 2 MYSTERYS .

#3 The next Greek word is WHICH / HO which is pointing to the words HATH BEEN HID , is a DEFINITE ARTICLE also and is pointing the words HATH BEEN HID .

#4 The words HATH BEEN HID / APOKRYPTO is in the Greek , PERFECT TENSE means that it was revealed by Paul and will be kept reaved until Christ comes for the B O C .

#5 The Greek word HAVING BEEN HID also in the PASSIVE VOICE which meaning it is God doing the action and the Greek word HAVING is the Participle and these words are in the SIGNGULAR in other words not REVEALED AGAIN .

#6 The words IS MADE MANIFEAT / PHANEROO is in the AORIST TENSE which means is has been already known , and in the PASSIVE VOICE , by God and in the INDICATIVE MOOD , which means this verse is right on .and is also SINGULAR .

And there are many believers that are NOT dispensationalist and are saved and many will not follow what Paul has taught and Paul says I HAVE PLANTED and APOLLOS has watered and God gives the increase and means , KNOW THE MESSAGE and you will receive a TREWARD at the BEMA SEAT for the WATERING that you have done .

dan p

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Col 1:26 , reads The Mystery the one HAVING BEEN KEPT SECRET from the AGES , and from the generations , BUT now was MADE MANIFEST to his saints .

#1 The first Greek THE /HO means it is pointing the word MYSTERY / MUSTERION .

#2 THE / HO is in the ACCUSTACTIVE CASE which means Limited to the MYSTERY and is in the SINGLUAR and means only one MYSTERY and not 2 MYSTERYS .

#3 The next Greek word is WHICH / HO which is pointing to the words HATH BEEN HID , is a DEFINITE ARTICLE also and is pointing the words HATH BEEN HID .

#4 The words HATH BEEN HID / APOKRYPTO is in the Greek , PERFECT TENSE means that it was revealed by Paul and will be kept reaved until Christ comes for the B O C .

#5 The Greek word HAVING BEEN HID also in the PASSIVE VOICE which meaning it is God doing the action and the Greek word HAVING is the Participle and these words are in the SIGNGULAR in other words not REVEALED AGAIN .

#6 The words IS MADE MANIFEAT / PHANEROO is in the AORIST TENSE which means is has been already known , and in the PASSIVE VOICE , by God and in the INDICATIVE MOOD , which means this verse is right on .and is also SINGULAR .

And there are many believers that are NOT dispensationalist and are saved and many will not follow what Paul has taught and Paul says I HAVE PLANTED and APOLLOS has watered and God gives the increase and means , KNOW THE MESSAGE and you will receive a TREWARD at the BEMA SEAT for the WATERING that you have done .

dan p
Paul tells us what mystery he is referring to: "Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col 1:27)
Christ indwells Gentiles. . .it had not been previously revealed that Gentiles would be admitted to God's people, the church, on equal terms with Israel.
"This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with (believing) Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Jesus Christ." (Eph 3:6)

"Mystery" in the NT does not mean secret knowledge for a few, or something difficult to understand, it simply means something never before revealed by God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul tells us what mystery he is referring to: "Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col 1:27)
Christ indwells Gentiles. . .it had not been previously revealed that Gentiles would be admitted to God's people, the church, on equal terms with Israel.
"This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with (believing) Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Jesus Christ." (Eph 3:6)

"Mystery" in the NT does not mean secret knowledge for a few, or something difficult to understand, it simply means something never before revealed by God.
I have reread Eph 3:6 and is does not MENTION with ( believing ) Israel and what version are you reading ?

Help me here ?

I will be going on a short vacation and will not be able to answer for at least next week .

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have reread Eph 3:6 and is does not MENTION with ( believing ) Israel and what version are you reading ?

Help me here ?

I will be going on a short vacation and will not be able to answer for at least next week .

dan p
I'm not sure I understand you.

The mystery Paul was referring to in the letter to the Colossians was "Christ in you," in the believing Gentiles.
That was never before revealed by God; i.e., a mystery (secret). . .that Gentiles would be part of God's people in the NT, in the church.

Eph 3:6 states the mystery to which Paul was referring in Col 1:27.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure I understand you.

The mystery Paul was referring to in the letter to the Colossians was "Christ in you," in the believing Gentiles.
That was never before revealed by God; i.e., a mystery (secret). . .that Gentiles would be part of God's people in the NT, in the church.

Eph 3:6 states the mystery to which Paul was referring in Col 1:27.
In post # 3 you wrote Gentiles are heirs together with believing Israel members of one body and share together in the promises in Jesus Christ !!

All that read Gal 3:28 , that there are NOT Jews and GENTILES so-called in the B O C !!

Col 3:11 says it also !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In post # 3 you wrote Gentiles are heirs together with believing Israel members of one body and share together in the promises in Jesus Christ !!
All that read Gal 3:28 , that there are NOT Jews and GENTILES so-called in the B O C !!
Paul is saying God no longer distinguishes between Jew and Gentile.
His distinction now is between believers in Christ and unbelievers in Christ.
And regarding those who believe in Christ, Jews and Gentiles are all the same to him.
God does not favor one group over another, the believing Jews over the believing Gentiles, or vice versa.
All are the same to him, all are on the same footing; i.e., in Christ.
In Christ is all that matters to God.

Is that what you are asking?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

dan p

He is using the NIV version there for Ephesians 3:6, instead of the KJV, which says

This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0