England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Its one thing i never understood. Why so many christians and recent converts ask or question which chirch is right for them. I simply dont understand why a person would seek to join a fellowship denomination of church that is most suited to they way a person believes. I always thought christianity was about self sacrafice conforming our own wills to the will of Christ. To me that seems that it would be better to ask which fellowship denomination church is the most true and even if it conflicts with my interior beliefs how can i conform myself to that which is true rather than join a fellowship that will allow me to remain in my errors

For example a person may believe in abortion but still profess belief in christ and christianity and seek out a denomination that also believes in abortion... allowing themselves and their fellow members to remain in error while decieving themselves and each other thinking that they are in union with the will of God.

Maybe i have it all confused but it seems to me that this kind of thinking not only decieves those who would follow christ but also weakens the position of christianity as a whole in the eyes of secularists

Any thoughts or help in understanding this??

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any thoughts or help in understanding this??
MATTHEW.13: =
The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’” ...

The Parable of the Tares Explained
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”

37 He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. 39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
To me that seems th t it would be better to ask which fellowship denomination church is the most true and even if it conflicts with my interior beliefs how can i conform myself to that which is true rather than join a fellowship that will allow me to remain in my errors

Sure. I think that when new Christians ask this question, they most often are asking which denomination is the closest to the truth as they have already come to understand it. IOW, I believe it to be presumptuous to assume that they want to find a church that allows them to keep on with what they know to be a wrongful practice or belief.

For example a person may believe in abortion but still profess belief in christ and christianity and seek out a denomination that also believes in abortion... allowing themselves and their fellow members to remain in error while decieving themselves and each other thinking that they are in union with the will of God.

What I was saying above is that these people normally have found arguments that suggest to them that what they want to believe is actually God's own truth. I am not saying that this is honorable, but it is not quite the same as what you were suggesting.

• Winner
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sure. I think that when new Christians ask this question, they most often are asking which denomination is the closest to the truth as they have already come to understand it. IOW, I believe it to be presumptuous to assume that they want to find a church that allows them to keep on with what they know to be a wrongful practice or belief.

What I was saying above is that these people normally have found arguments that suggest to them that what they want to believe is actually God's own truth. I am not saying that this is honorable, but it is not quite the same as what you were suggesting.

Oh i see... well that makes more sense

Upvote 0