Not open for further replies.

trientje

May 23, 2012
✟8,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've had it asserted to me plenty of times. All it requires is that you acknowledge the possibility that you be wrong. That doesn't remove the burden from the opponent to produce a viable argument for their claims.

Saw this with trientje earlier - told me (and others) to be open minded to her ideas, then asserts that she could never be wrong about them. So she's hardly taking her own advice.

Really?????? I'm not open minded? You are right. when it comes to my faith I'm very adamant that what I believe is the truth. And that really bothers you doesn't it? Instead of looking at my beliefs as a conviction that should be respected you criticize and mock.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Really?????? I'm not open minded? You are right. when it comes to my faith I'm very adamant that what I believe is the truth. And that really bothers you doesn't it? Instead of looking at my beliefs as a conviction that should be respected you criticize and mock.
No beliefs should be inherently respected. Beliefs considered to be illogical should also be criticised. Why is this an issue? Why does this surprise you?

Do you respect our beliefs? Do you respect my conviction against theism?

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour

Actually, I respect your beliefs inasmuch that I know Jesus strongly condemned hypocrisy and false testimony - and when you assert that we should be open minded both (a) falsely, because we are open-minded in the actual sense of the term, and (b) hypocritically because you aren't holding your own beliefs to the same standard.

So in that sense, I do respect your beliefs - more so than you do, apparently.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.