what christians dont understand about....

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
the unsaved.

1. salvation is hard to achieve.
2. just because you believe doesnt mean you have been regenerated.
3. not everyone understands love.
4. not everyone understands belief.
5. some people grew up in dysfunctional families.
6. you dont tell people how to get saved, and then sit back to see if it works like its a spectator sport.
7. it is genuinely difficult to give up something you love 30 yrs later.
8. just because you say you are saved, doesnt necessarily mean you really are saved.

these are a list of things that i have found to be lacking in just about every church and message board. for me, the question is, why is it so hard to get saved? if someone is struggling, this list may lead to understanding why.

• Winner
Reactions: bèlla

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the unsaved.

6. you dont tell people how to get saved, and then sit back to see if it works like its a spectator sport.
8. just because you say you are saved, doesnt necessarily mean you really are saved.

these are a list of things that i have found to be lacking in just about every church and message board. for me, the question is, why is it so hard to get saved? if someone is struggling, this list may lead to understanding why.

A lot here, but let me go to the most important:
why is it so hard to get saved?

It isn't truly hard once you have the full picture, to walk in the spirit.

But it gets really clear and easier to see the answers to most of the questions in that list when you read Matthew chapter 7 and absorb all Christ says to us here. Matthew 7 NIV. And then John chapter 15 helps, to help fill out Romans chapter 8, to dwell in the spirit and bear fruit from Him.

All of this starts and operates through faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Elaborate on point 1 please.

i do believe many genuinely want to be saved, but arent. The Bible says many will try to enter Heaven, but few will. I think the process of getting saved is easier for some than others. And all the knowledge in the world cant help but so much. Salvation for some, like myself, is the hardest thing to achieve, and i say that as someone desperately trying unsuccessfully for a couple of yrs now.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i do believe many genuinely want to be saved, but arent. The Bible says many will try to enter Heaven, but few will. I think the process of getting saved is easier for some than others. And all the knowledge in the world cant help but so much. Salvation for some, like myself, is the hardest thing to achieve, and i say that as someone desperately trying unsuccessfully for a couple of yrs now.

It says that you are a Calvinist, from what I know Calvinists believe that God predestined them to be saved, and they cannot lose their salvation and are predestined to heaven no matter what. So what about it is being "hard" to be saved?

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
It says that you are a Calvinist, from what I know Calvinists believe that God predestined them to be saved, and they cannot lose their salvation and are predestined to heaven no matter what. So what about it is being "hard" to be saved?

thats true, and as paul said, we are the clay, God is the potter. He will save who He decides to save. Does the clay tell the potter what it wants to be made into?? No.

this doesnt mean however that the unsaved are happy about going to hell. I was asked once, what i found to be a very dangerous question. If i was guaranteed entry into Heaven, without worrying about being saved, would i still be a christian?? And my honest answer is, nope! I would be living my life a lot more different and with less stress.

no one wants to goto hell. And that is my biggest reason for trying to get saved. Above every other reason, i simply dont want to goto hell. Does that sound like something a true christian would say??

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thats true, and as paul said, we are the clay, God is the potter. He will save who He decides to save. Does the clay tell the potter what it wants to be made into?? No.

this doesnt mean however that the unsaved are happy about going to hell. I was asked once, what i found to be a very dangerous question. If i was guaranteed entry into Heaven, without worrying about being saved, would i still be a christian?? And my honest answer is, nope! I would be living my life a lot more different and with less stress.

no one wants to goto hell. And that is my biggest reason for trying to get saved. Above every other reason, i simply dont want to goto hell. Does that sound like something a true christian would say??
You are going about backwards. You can't do anything to be saved except accept it. It's not trying hard, it's quitting trying to be good enough.
Of course you don't want to go to hell. Who does?

• Winner
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
You cant be a drug dealer, or pimp, then claim i do believe what the Bible says, and continue to be a drug dealer or pimp. Thats not what salvation looks like. Yet i feel like no one explains that, or maybe they feel that is obvious enough that it doesnt need explaining. Yet how many times do we read, so and so has a inappropriate content addiction or alcohol, they believe and want to beat the addiction yet they cant. They havent been regenerated. Yet no one tells them that. If you have been truly justified, then you get the Holy Spirit in you and He will beat those addictions for you. You cant say yes i believe but i have this addiction i cant beat. That too is not a sign of salvation.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
So, how does one get regenerated?
That…. That is THE question to ask. Thats what im trying to figure out. God clearly has to call you, noone seeks out God on their own. Now, how do you know when God is calling you…irresistible grace. We cant ignore His calling. So does that mean those who are trying to get saved are being blocked?? Are we doing something wrong?? Have we become like simon the magician, looking for salvation for the wrong reasons??

• Friendly
Reactions: obscura
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I'm wondering what growing up in dysfunctional families has to do with salvation.

thats a simple one. Imagine growing up with an abusive parent, the child may never know what love looks like. Also the child may believe that Jesus will behave on judgement day much like their abusive parent did.

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s a long process not over night. Be a Christian go to a bible studying church, learn, put into practice, witness, trust God, forgive, endure, even in persecution, love the brethren. The Bible is the living, life changing word of God. Say yes to God, let Jesus inspire you, let the word take away fear, pray, repent, love Him for the way He has provided. I disobeyed for 21 years and got no where, then obeyed in the separating sins, and have grown more pleasing to God. He loves you and helps us. But if you know things from scripture yo stumble a lot less.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the unsaved.

If it is lacking in just about every church and Christian message board, at some point one has to take the time to self examine and truly consider, does the problem actually rest on everyone else?

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi no offense but.. I don't know anyone that thinks like that.. never has asked me any of those questions.

From what I understand and read.. I can't save myself and to even come to Christ .. the Father had to call or draw the heart. John 3 16 Rom 10 9-10 is truth.. even those that just call on the name of the lord shall be saved! YES it was is that easy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thats a simple one. Imagine growing up with an abusive parent, the child may never know what love looks like. Also the child may believe that Jesus will behave on judgement day much like their abusive parent did.

well a may have certainly is not a absolute.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Why do we make it so complicated? Just love and believe.
we make it complicated because we are a fallen creation. i do think the question of are we saved is of extreme importance, and i think we struggle with it because we dont have a direct way of knowing if we are saved. i have talked to preachers who tell me that for sure i am saved. im not calling them liars, but i cant accept that a wicked person like me is saved.

there has to be some good fruit in a truly saved persons life. the works dont save you, but it is an indicator that you do have the Holy Spirit working in you. and i dont produce a single good fruit. i know all too well what despair looks and feels like. its not a good place to be. and all i see on these forums is people talking about their assurance, and i wish i could have that same feeling. i cant even imagine what its like to have the feeling that you are saved.

all 8 things i listed are straight from my life. i just keep looking for answers, but no one seems to have them. its like being given an instruction manual in a foreign language. you want to understand, but you cant.

• Prayers
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don’t sweat the small stuff. As for the big stuff stop it. Then you won’t have so much guilt. If you have then you have to live with the guilt. It will be easier if you know you are saved. Poor comforter. Calvinism is a heavy hand. On yourself or others.

Reactions: LeGato
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Salvation is not hard to achieve, it is impossible. But what is impossible for us, is not impossible for God.

We cannot achieve salvation, because we are spiritually dead. When Adam and Eve sinned, God has cursed humanity, and this curse is running until the end of the world.
For it is written 'cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree' (Deuteronomy 21:23). When Jesus was hanged on the cross, He was given a crown of thorns. Thorns always symbolize a curse in the Bible. So Jesus on that cross became a King of the cursed. Jesus broke this curse, but He only broke it for believers. So those who are still in sin are still cursed.

There's is absolutely nothing you can do to repay your sins, not even one, and as we know, wages of sin is death. No matter how many good deeds you do. Because God is just and He must punish every sin. Either Jesus is punished in your place or the punishment is upon you.

We all sin because we are sinners. All humanity sinned in Adam. That's why David said in one of his psalms 'in sin my mother conceived me.' We are fatally wounded by a sin, it holds us and there is nothing we can do to escape. We are like the lame man in John 5, who could do nothing to help himself walk. Or we are just like the beaten man in the story of the good Samaritan, lying there beaten up, dying, no help.

As we are all sinners, we all deserved hell yesterday, from just born babies to the oldest living people. The fact that we even breath is showing how merciful God is.

Because we are sinners, our heart is spiritually dead. It cannot produce righteousness, it cannot produce faith. Only the Holy Spirit can renew your heart, into a living one that is able to recognise who Jesus is and produce faith. Look how many miracles Jesus did in front of people, even resurrected Lazarus , and yet they did not believe Him and tried to kill Him, right after He resurrected someone. That's how stupid the sinful heart is. Or the Hebrews on the way to the promise land. Looks at how many times they rebelled, despite all the miracles God did. Because their hearts were dead.

That's why no one could keep the Law, that's why they had to sacrifice again and again and again, because we are not capable to save our-self and stop sinning. The Hebrews should have realised that, sacrifice in faith because God commanded it, but should have realized this was never enough and looks towards the promised Messiah...who could only have been God, because only the one without a sin could die for sinners. Only He could have satisfied God just wrath for our sins.

How many people spend their all live reading the Bible, giving so much to charity, do a lot of things, but without faith is all for nothing. All these things but if you don't realize there is nothing you can do that you need a saviour, there all these things are for nothing. And this is exactly my point. You must first ask God to teach you and show you who He is. Ask Him to give Him spiritual vision...for the grace of His name. Go on your knees and earnestly cry out you are lost and there is nothing you can do and you deserve help, ask God to help you. Even if you do this for the rest of your life. Because you cannot help your-self, only the grace of Jesus can save and nothing else. He is the only one with the authority (John 17). Just surrender to Him.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0