What Christian music are you listening to?

LutheranGuy123

Feb 23, 2017
Texas
✟28,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I quite like Flyleaf. Although I tend to encourage people to listen to music with Christian messages, rather than "Christian music". Music is a very powerful social tool, and if you constantly listen to gospel you risk scaring away the nonbelievers you could have connected to through music.

• Agree
Reactions: MustardSeeed
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I like to mix and match my playlists within most genres of Christian music, except mainstream, which has never really inspired me. Classical, gospel, country, pop, rock, metal, electronic, indie, whatever. It has to have good and edifying lyrical content, and music that makes me feel good. I also think that it's important not to limit ourselves to a specific type of music, so that we can minister to everyone without letting our own taste get in the way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tiffany Lake

Apr 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
✟7,984.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Here's mine:

I like a lot of different Christian music. I like contemporary Christian groups like Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, Newsboys, TobyMac etc. Also love older classical Christian songs and am a big fan of Messianic Praise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My current daily play list is :)

Bony M - Mary's boy child
Bony m - rivers of Babylon
Johnny Mathis- when a child is born
Art garfunkel - Morning has broken
Alexandra Burke - hallelujah
Giselle - This is my story
Lifted- lighthouse family
Bob Marley remix - is this love that I'm feeling

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You like his version better than Cat Stevens'?

I like that version yes, artgarfunkels version is a little drawn and does not have a richness of tone. Talking of tones my ringtone is also morning has broken lol

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟199,040.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I recommend a full live show, Live in Deutschland 2002.

From a biography:
Saviour Machine next turned to the most ambitious project they had ever undertaken, the Legend trilogy. Legend consists of the most exhaustive study of end-time Biblical prophecy ever set to music.

All lyrical content is based on the Book of Revelation and other Biblical prophecy. The first album draws from the Old Testament and New Testament, except the Book of Revelation, and includes the applicable biblical references and a concordance. Legend II continues where part one ended - the rise of the antichrist. Musically, the Legend albums showcase a further refinement of Saviour Machine's rock and classical music style. Complex orchestral arrangements, sampling, and live choirs give the entire project a movie soundtrack or rock opera feel.

Upvote 0
Oct 3, 2015
✟15,733.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Married

I recommend a full live show, Live in Deutschland 2002.

From a biography:
Saviour Machine next turned to the most ambitious project they had ever undertaken, the Legend trilogy. Legend consists of the most exhaustive study of end-time Biblical prophecy ever set to music.

All lyrical content is based on the Book of Revelation and other Biblical prophecy. The first album draws from the Old Testament and New Testament, except the Book of Revelation, and includes the applicable biblical references and a concordance. Legend II continues where part one ended - the rise of the antichrist. Musically, the Legend albums showcase a further refinement of Saviour Machine's rock and classical music style. Complex orchestral arrangements, sampling, and live choirs give the entire project a movie soundtrack or rock opera feel.
Here's mine:
Here's mine:

Upvote 0