Sarver
✟5,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do all possible paths provide the path that allows tunneling to happen? Is this what the non-zero past the barrier is? Uncertainty is the possible paths of the vector field. Is tunneling from a path of all possible paths with a phasor that didn't complete its cycle before the barrier?

Observing a wave before tunneling is going to prevent it from doing so because it is now scalar. Something scalar isn't going to tunnel because physical matter travels a single path. Scalar Volumes have all possible paths available, but it uses the path with the shortest Time (Principle of Least Action). The larger the scalar volume (physical object), the less possible paths. The amount of Uncertainty goes down with the number of paths possible. A non-local wave is going to have plenty of paths (Uncertainty) to tunnel.

If speed is scalar, what is c in a vector quantity? Is energy the only way scalar can describe light? Is it vector momentum to scalar energy?

Discrete fixed values are what Scalar can handle because it is based off Phi.

What does Vector Displacement say about the landing positions of interference or the Principle of Least Action?
Is vector displacement a bridge between Vector and Scalar?

What is energy when it isn't being described/used by Scalar(local)? Is it coherent?

Spacetime is a mix of Scalar Volumes and Vector Field.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

I'm not sure I really understand the import or motivation for most of these questions, so I'll just tackle the title.

What causes Tunneling?

Once we move to the quantum world, particles no longer have a specific location and momentum at any instant. Rather, they are described by the wave function, which provides the probability density for any observables, like position or momentum. The wave equation generally produces 'smooth' mathematical solutions, and consequently particles can usually be somewhere where they wouldn't be allowed to be classically, because the smooth wavefunction extends a bit into the 'forbidden' territory.

For a simple one dimensional well, the wavefunction mostly 'lives' in the well, but there's a decaying exponential that extends into the walls.

Similarly for a free particle hitting a barrier, the wavefunction decays exponentially inside the barrier, but there's a nonzero chance of a particle that started on one side to wind up in the other. i.e. tunnelling.

CNX_UPhysics_40_06_tunneling.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your questions are phrased in a rather... disorganized manner. I'm having some difficulty understanding what you're asking, but essentialsaltes explained tunneling very well.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Do all possible paths provide the path that allows tunneling to happen? Is this what the non-zero past the barrier is? Uncertainty is the possible paths of the vector field. Is tunneling from a path of all possible paths with a phasor that didn't complete its cycle before the barrier?

Observing a wave before tunneling is going to prevent it from doing so because it is now scalar. Something scalar isn't going to tunnel because physical matter travels a single path. Scalar Volumes have all possible paths available, but it uses the path with the shortest Time (Principle of Least Action). The larger the scalar volume (physical object), the less possible paths. The amount of Uncertainty goes down with the number of paths possible. A non-local wave is going to have plenty of paths (Uncertainty) to tunnel.

If speed is scalar, what is c in a vector quantity? Is energy the only way scalar can describe light? Is it vector momentum to scalar energy?

Discrete fixed values are what Scalar can handle because it is based off Phi.

What does Vector Displacement say about the landing positions of interference or the Principle of Least Action?
Is vector displacement a bridge between Vector and Scalar?

What is energy when it isn't being described/used by Scalar(local)? Is it coherent?

Spacetime is a mix of Scalar Volumes and Vector Field.
This left me asking the question, is it me, or is it you? Following the responses from @essentialsaltes and @chilehed I've concluded it isn't me. :)

Upvote 0