What caused you to leave your church?

LJCTAM

Oct 3, 2013
✟18,183.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I left a few b/c: One dropped the study of Revelation in exchange for Alpha Courses!!!, gossip, hate, the cake taste better over here-ism, blaring tongues in the middle of a service, wacky prophetess, drama, "growing in tithe", scripture twisting, cliques, you-dont-like-it-theres-the-door, church thugs, mild to heavy abberant teaching, callousness/lack of love, caring about programs over their people, preaching about tithe after many borrowed from the bank during the boom cycle in that time parking lots were extended and opulent palaces were redesigned-meanwhile the poor among you go without (God bless you, be fed and be blessed), expensive retreats/getaways, church functions always coming at a price, holding karate classes for non-memebrs in the church!, some became houses of merhcandise selling starbuc ks, books, autographed bibles, led by hipsters, electric guitar worship.

I left feeling emptier than when I came because (of many trials and sorrows) I came to be with brothers and it felt so surface level (bare ye each others burdens and in so doing you fulfill the Law of Christ..). I came for a hug and I got a forced handshake. I needed advice, some were busy, saying we gotta close the doors. I said I am completely broke, we're sorry to hear that. I am losing my relationship with God I feel, I have over and over again been met with Christian sloganeerism.

YOU CAN'T STAND UPON CHRISTIAN SOUNDING SLOGANS OR ONE-LINERS.

Maybe the above is a bit brash but that was my introduction to Christianity. If it weren't for a valid encounter with the Holy Spirit testifying of Jesus, I would have left what appears like a circus at times.

For me church is a source of pain. I grew up around a cult. you leave a clt or a denomination you leave with nothing. They shun you. I refused to attend the forementioned cult on my own at a young age. And God came to me as an adult like Adam, "where are you". I was so lost and completely ruined when he came to me ---mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually screwed up. I am waiting for hIm still and I hope he saves me.

There is more. This is my diatribe. I'm a n00b.

Last edited:
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had been a youth (pastor/leader) for years and was disillusioned with the fact that I couldn't hear GOD'S voice as I thought I should.

Frustrated, with telling others what the Christian Life should look like, but not knowing the power to get there or showing them how to get there.

Do, Do, Do

Don't Touch, Don't Taste (as Paul said).

One Sunday morning, I was shaving, as my family was getting ready to go to church (building).
It was a typical Sunday - or so it appeared...

Then....

GOD spoke!

To me - Of all people! Believe me, I wasn't ready for what I was about to hear.

DAD speaks to Eric "Son, I want you to STOP going to Bayview______ church" (i left the name out on purpose but GOD spoke the entire name.)"

Eric: Where do you want me to go - LORD??

- no answer....

I repeat my request, as to where do you want me to go to church? My thinking is, if I leave one I must take my family to another - right?

So that Sunday I ignored the LORD, thinking HE wasn't telling me enough.
And for 1 month (4 Sunday's) continued to go, there was a strange silence.

After 4 weeks, my wife comes to me and questions "Whats wrong?"

Saints, you can ignore what GOD tells you for so long, but it weighs on you.
And you also know, our spouses know us, they know when we are up or down.

You see, I didn't know what to tell her, if I tell her we aren't going to church anymore, she will wonder if I'm backslidden, and if I tell her what GOD said (very clearly to me), she will ask what I asked, in that ..ok, where do we go next?

So, I was confused - it doesn't take much at times...

But after a month of fighting what the LORD directly told me, I couldn't take it.
I told my wife, what the LORD told me shaving that Sunday morning.

What she then said, floored me!

"that is what the LORD told me too, but I was afraid to tell you!" she said!

We got on our knees and asked together, what do we do next?
The LORD spoke "You are to leave the church, so that you learn how to BE the church"

And we left that day, and never returned! Hallelujah.
The training HE gives, and the growth and the miracles just keep getting better and better.

That was years ago, and later the LORD sent an angel to confirm things for me, but that is another story.

Just like Mary told the servant at the wedding of Cana: "Whatever, HE says - do it!".
John 2:5

The other thing I learned through it, is this:
GOD won't give you the 'next thing', until you do the 'last thing'.

-eric

The Exchanged Life

ahhhh so refreshing to read this testimony .. that is exactly the manner (diff topics)in which the lord began to teach me to "HEAR" his voice and LISTEN (DO/OBEY)

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I left a few b/c: One dropped the study of Revelation in exchange for Alpha Courses!!!, gossip, hate, the cake taste better over here-ism, blaring tongues in the middle of a service, wacky prophetess, drama, "growing in tithe", scripture twisting, cliques, you-dont-like-it-theres-the-door, church thugs, mild to heavy abberant teaching, callousness/lack of love, caring about programs over their people, preaching about tithe after many borrowed from the bank during the boom cycle in that time parking lots were extended and opulent palaces were redesigned-meanwhile the poor among you go without (God bless you, be fed and be blessed), expensive retreats/getaways, church functions always coming at a price, holding karate classes for non-memebrs in the church!, some became houses of merhcandise selling starbuc ks, books, autographed bibles, led by hipsters, electric guitar worship.

I left feeling emptier than when I came because (of many trials and sorrows) I came to be with brothers and it felt so surface level (bare ye each others burdens and in so doing you fulfill the Law of Christ..). I came for a hug and I got a forced handshake. I needed advice, some were busy, saying we gotta close the doors. I said I am completely broke, we're sorry to hear that. I am losing my relationship with God I feel, I have over and over again been met with Christian sloganeerism.

Maybe the above is a bit brash but that was my introduction to Christianity. If it weren't for a valid encounter with the Holy Spirit testifying of Jesus, I would have left what appears like a circus at times.

For me church is a source of pain. I grew up around a cult. you leave a clt or a denomination you leave with nothing. They shun you. I refused to attend the forementioned cult on my own at a young age. And God came to me as an adult like Adam, "where are you". I was so lost and completely ruined when he came to me ---mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually screwed up. I am waiting for hIm still and I hope he saves me.

diatribe,  
noun-
a bitter, sharply abusive denunciation, attack, or criticism:

yes i had to google it couldnt recall that one .

re
I am waiting for hIm still and I hope he saves me
he has :) if ,your faith is in him to do so .. ask him to refresh this assurance .
i sit here knowing he has saved me .. my conscious does not condemn me and my heart is clear (forgiven) .i am at peace with God in Christ Jesus -if i die this moment ..i will be with the lord Jesus .. as the old song says

"blessed assurance Jesus is mine ,oh what a foretaste of glory divine ".. :)

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What caused me to leave the last home church setting was that it had become so tedious.
Every detail of every detail was broken down so far that the message just lost me.
Splitting hairs till the helpful daily life messages disappeared completely.
Made me feel like because I didnt have every passage memorized and catagorized that I wasent going to "get it", what ever that meant.
What is the best thing to do in a case like that?

Upvote 0

Stefos

Aug 31, 2013
✟8,258.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
What caused me to leave the last home church setting was that it had become so tedious.
Every detail of every detail was broken down so far that the message just lost me.
Splitting hairs till the helpful daily life messages disappeared completely.
Made me feel like because I didnt have every passage memorized and catagorized that I wasent going to "get it", what ever that meant.
What is the best thing to do in a case like that?

Hi,

I want to share a few things and then cap it all off...Please read on :)

First, House Churches are not necessarily following the New Testament model of church!

Second, You should examine by listening & asking questions from people there IF they desire to have god's government:

1. Jesus is the head who functions through each person, hence the various gifts of the Holy Spirit being allowed to function freely and in order.

2. Elders (plural not 1 Pastor &/or his wife) overseeing the church, along with the diaconate.
Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Evangelists and Pastors must be qualified accordingly by New Testament standards OR ELSE they are not Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Evangelists and Pastors!

Elders (plural not 1 Pastor &/or his wife) overseeing the church, along with the diaconate & Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Evangelists and Pastors form what's called church government, per se.

If a church doesn't follow the biblical model....You don't need to be there.

3. Ask the Lord to show you HIS model according to the written word.

Finally, Modern Christianity is NOT biblical Christianity but a mix of pagan practices, men's ideas and opinions!

Stuff was allowed to slide into God's body, the church, by people.
It's going to take people to provoke God's people to get back to the written words' standards again.

Ma'am..Sister....If it's not in Gods' written word, don't do it and don't fellowship there. God's word tells us how the body should conduct itself whether when together or individually every day.

A great book in understanding how we went from the New Testament pattern to today's Christianity is called "Pagan Christianity?" by Frank Viola & George Barna. My advice is to pick up a copy...Pray before and after reading it, asking the Lord to show you his will.

Fasten your safety belt!
Stefos

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Excellently written. You are not alone, for there are more of you than there are stars in the sky, although it will take many more years for the truth to be seen by all. And yes, the Lord will arrive to bring you peace and the quietness that only He instills, not through belonging or holding to someone's formula, but through His great mercy. Our Lord hears you, and hears all of us who are tired of things as usual, and He will indeed come to our aid. We are forerunners in this truest form of reformation that may never manifest to the church throughout, but shall rest in the hearts and minds of those with ears to hear. Hold fast to that which is good. Be patient. And always look both ways before crossing the street.
David

Upvote 0

Stefos

Aug 31, 2013
✟8,258.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I left a few b/c: One dropped the study of Revelation in exchange for Alpha Courses!!!, gossip, hate, the cake taste better over here-ism, blaring tongues in the middle of a service, wacky prophetess, drama, "growing in tithe", scripture twisting, cliques, you-dont-like-it-theres-the-door, church thugs, mild to heavy abberant teaching, callousness/lack of love, caring about programs over their people, preaching about tithe after many borrowed from the bank during the boom cycle in that time parking lots were extended and opulent palaces were redesigned-meanwhile the poor among you go without (God bless you, be fed and be blessed), expensive retreats/getaways, church functions always coming at a price, holding karate classes for non-memebrs in the church!, some became houses of merhcandise selling starbucks, books, autographed bibles, led by hipsters, electric guitar worship.

For me church is a source of pain. I grew up around a cult. you leave a clt or a denomination you leave with nothing. They shun you. I refused to attend the forementioned cult on my own at a young age. And God came to me as an adult like Adam, "where are you". I was so lost and completely ruined when he came to me ---mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually screwed up. I am waiting for him still and I hope he saves me.

Well, let me encourage you:

The New Testament pattern is the ONLY pattern you need to follow!

Denominations were never sanctioned by the Lord.
As a matter of fact, denominations were condemned by Paul in I Corinthians when he said:
Some say I'm of Paul, Apollos, Cephas and Christ.....

What was his response?
You're ALL wrong! Read it in I Corinthians, First chapter

So, you're right in what you've stated.

Second, You have a ministry & the Lord wants you to walk in it. Period.

Third, I'm in prayer for you that the Lord would remove the false teachings from you & restore your mind in Christ, which means, that you would understand who Christ is and who you are IN him. Please forgive these people who've done you wrong.....They in their ignorance probably thought they were doing God a service or even if they did know what they were doing, forgive them anyway. Don't let a root of bitterness get in you because then it's gonna take Holy Spirit surgery to remove it, which might hurt you.....Keep a soft heart.

Finally, brother, We've all been burned to some degree or another.

I praise God that you see what the heck is going on with these denominations & Non-denominational denominations as well.

Stefos

Upvote 0

Upper Cut

Jan 17, 2016
Florida
✟15,249.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I guess I'm fortunate, I am a Christian (Lutheran) and I have not had most of the issues with my congregations that people have mentioned on this post. Everything during our service is focused on Christ, the music, sermon, readings, liturgy, everything. And I feel God wants me there...I wish all of you the very best in your search to worship and serve him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stefos

Aug 31, 2013
✟8,258.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I here a lot about this church or that church, this denomination or that denomination...People, not to be a denomination is to be a denomination unto it self

Hi and No, it isn't brother.

It can be however.

Biblical Christianity is NOT Protestant Lutheranism (or any other brand of Protestantism, Catholicism, or Orthodoxy either).
Biblical Christianity is following Jesus the Christ and following the pattern God set up as recorded in the New Testament.

Is that what you're following? That's my heart's desire.

Stefos

Upvote 0

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My belonging to a house church is a different take on this, since I never really left my church. It was more like my church as a whole decided to go back to the roots of early Christianity as it started out in the book of Acts, where the believers would meet on Friday evenings, right before the Sabbath, in each others' houses, share a meal together, have their version of worship, and listen to a speaker who would read from what we now know as the Pauline epistles. So basically, my beliefs are more closely aligned with what we now call Messianic Judaism than the doctrine that started to take hold back when Constantine declared Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire and made laws that ended all Jewish practices, including celebrating the Biblical festivals and meeting in house churches.

Reactions: Seek.1st
Upvote 0

Seek.1st

Apr 4, 2011
US
✟15,454.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I left organized religion long ago because those organizations deviated so much from Christ's teachings. I was very active in various social and services activities in organized religion, yet I felt so empty because those activities didn't bring me any closer to knowing Christ. There were people in one congregation who were offended by people praying before the service, at the front of the sanctuary. A teacher in the same congregation opposed congregational readings, containing basic Biblical beliefs, because he didn't believe everything in them. When I naively asked "what about those who do believe?" he angrily berated me.

I went to a house church afterwards, but I also left it when the doctrine began to change and I realized that the doctrine wasn't altogether sound to begin with. There was more emphasis on methodology (meeting in the home and how the ministry lived). There were many lovely people in the house church who read their Bibles devotedly and loved discussing the scriptures. It was a large, international network of congregations, so it was sort of an organized religion although the people didn't see themselves that way, and very social. Although there was a large ministry, there were also huge extended families because they discouraged marrying outside of the house church, and so those families wielded a lot of influence with the ministry. They de-emphasized money, but really money (and possessions, such as land) had a lot to do with everything. When members of the influential (usually well-to-do) families sinned, most of the people, including ministers, modified their beliefs and pretended nothing was amiss while maintaining a semblance of unity -- even to the point of twisting scripture, taken out of context, to suggest that it says the opposite of what it clearly states. But, it was taboo to question the ministry or the organization (church) because it was considered the only true church and the ministry, believed to be succeeded from the apostles, were held to have a superior understanding of scripture. We were expected to blindly follow whatever the ministers instructed, and I just could not bring myself to do that when it meant disobeying the word of God. Once, a minister visiting in my home criticized a church member (whom I didn't know) in another congregation for being uncomfortable with doing something the ministers thought he should do, and I meekly defended the member, stating I understood how he felt. The minister didn't reply to me, but I later discovered that what I said had been circulated throughout the congregation I attended, and one person took offense to the point of displaying hostility toward me. I started researching that organization and, also, church history in general on the Internet and was surprised by what I found. There was a history of corruption, dissension, adultery and even child molestation in that house church, among the ministry included.

Reading Acts 13 and other scripture, I realized that members of the New Testament church not only met in homes, they also worshiped in the temple and in synagogues. I don't think there's anything wrong with meeting in homes, but there can be problems as well, especially if the church consistently meets in one particular home, because the family living in that home becomes esteemed as particularly faithful if only for the use of their property. I discovered that a church doesn't have to meet in a home to be independent of organized religion. And, I think no matter the church structure, there is the potential for corruption, dissension, offense and discord. There are people who openly oppose or disobey one church teaching but are quick to judge someone else who questions another church teaching. There will always be the few who crave dominance, who are easily offended and vindictive, and who delight in creating conflict among brethren. The same behaviors occur in the world. It is a consequence of being in the flesh.

JMHO

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I didn't so much leave church as just moved around, got mixed in with different churches and religious groups, and one of the groups turned out to be a cult. Then when I settled in one area I didn't ever find a church that felt "right." I have not found a house church in my new area. I'm debating between continuing to look for a church or give up until a house church or cell group can be found.

My whole story is long and rather roller-coastery. At one point I was involved in ministry and have taken classes for theology and Biblical studies at a Christian university. I love God very much. However I have no desire to be part of any churches that I have found in my local area. I have not been able force myself to get back into it. It goes against everything I feel inside.

Some of the reasons are:

Large amounts of money are put into building expenses, programs, and entertainment, that could be invested in the spiritual and physical needs of people.

Teachings tend to remain shallow and not move much beyond milk vs graduating on to solid foods and meat.

Emotion does not equal spirituality. Huge, chaotic, emotional outburst are just distractions and do nothing to help anyone. I'm not discounting emotions or the fact that people need to be attended to when there is a legitimate need. However, when this is taken to the extreme and some people can't pray in a group without having a break down for all to see and hear and stop and pay attention to... ugh. spare me.

I believe in strong separation of church and state, and that it goes both ways, consistently. I don't want the government in my church, and I don't want churches in the government because I don't want someone I don't have common beliefs with to have their influence in my government. When I'm sitting in a church sermon or Bible study class, as soon as it turns political, I'm out and all respect for the one talking is lost. Church time is to be set apart for the Lord, not politics. Plus it is unethical and dishonest for churches to operate tax free, while influencing who members and society in general should vote for.

I don't believe in using church facilities or worship times to celebrate anything other than God and Jesus or teaching the Bible. Veterans need to be honored, provided for, and respected. Fathers Day and Mothers Day needs to be observed for those parents who are truly good parents, at home with family gathered around. Graduates, newlyweds, people having marriage anniversaries should be acknowledged and encouraged. But these things should not take place when Jesus is supposed to be worshiped. Church time is to be set apart for the Lord, not for people.

I don't appreciate my teenage son who struggles with morality to be brutalized verbally by the youth groups for not wanting to live like a Christian should (has happened more than once, in more than one church during our moving around). This is not helping him in his struggle with faith. In his reasoning, why would he want to be a Christian when he is treated poorly?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Biblical Christianity is following Jesus the Christ and following the pattern God set up as recorded in the New Testament.

You have repeatedly referred to the New Testament Church model as if all know what that is. I know that house churches were prevalent and larger congregations existed also, in the 1st century. Would you cite a reference or example of what you mean? Which would be today's examples of churches following the model you speak of today?

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What do you mean by mixing law with faith?

Do you know Jesus gave us His commands to obey? His commandments are His law.

The modern church is big and getting bigger on mixing Jewish Law and traditions with salvation by faith only, thru grace. I can't think of a better poster boy for that than John Hagee.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was a senior elder in a small church. Another elder resigned and a man took his place who boasted that he would grow the church membership five-fold in six months, that we would have wide-screen TVs, coffee club gospel presentations, and other factors that would start our church on the road to "fame and fortune". The pastor believed his BS. When I questioned the new elder's guarantees and warned about neglecting the needs of the existing congregation I was thrown out. (Side note: the pastor had the new elder inform me that I was fired; he wouldn't or couldn't do it himself!) About a year later the new elder died. None of his boasting or promises have come true (surprise!) and the congregation is smaller than ever. The church is on the brink of collapse.

I have since decided to not attend another church, but rather to live as God intends me to live, as his servant, following the leading of the Lord and the Holy Spirit.

I recently read a book that describes how far modern churches have deviated from the church described in the New Testament: a body of believers with Jesus Christ as the head, and each priest-member exercising the gift(s) that God has given them. The emphasis most definitely is not on an "ordained" minister/priest/pastor who heads the congregation -- Jesus is the only head. All believers are priests that have been given various gifts from God to benefit others. A priesthood, separate from the people, is part of the old covenant that passed away when God gave us the new one.

Until I find a group of believers who exercise their gifts for the benefit of others, worship God, and joyfully celebrate their coming together (including a festive meal that incorporates bread and wine), I'm staying out of "church".

Reactions: Freedom Now
Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was raised Catholic though come from a family that is not entirely and I like it that way. That's just for some small background info.

I went on Sundays with my mother who is also Catholic. Slowly over time I felt like I was not in the right place anymore. I now am between churches I would say. I have Catholic roots of course but its not who I am anymore really.
Some things happened at the church that made me shy away from it gradually. These are major things not small details really. It was a large church and I like smaller ones with less people in them perhaps 100 or less. Mine I am sure has more then that at the moment but I have no proof of course.

Anyway I no longer go on a regular basis but I still believe in God and I am looking for a place to go.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I had been a youth (pastor/leader) for years and was disillusioned with the fact that I couldn't hear GOD'S voice as I thought I should.

Frustrated, with telling others what the Christian Life should look like, but not knowing the power to get there or showing them how to get there.

Do, Do, Do

Don't Touch, Don't Taste (as Paul said).

One Sunday morning, I was shaving, as my family was getting ready to go to church (building).
It was a typical Sunday - or so it appeared...

Then....

GOD spoke!

To me - Of all people! Believe me, I wasn't ready for what I was about to hear.

DAD speaks to Eric "Son, I want you to STOP going to Bayview______ church" (i left the name out on purpose but GOD spoke the entire name.)"

Eric: Where do you want me to go - LORD??

- no answer....

I repeat my request, as to where do you want me to go to church? My thinking is, if I leave one I must take my family to another - right?

So that Sunday I ignored the LORD, thinking HE wasn't telling me enough.
And for 1 month (4 Sunday's) continued to go, there was a strange silence.

After 4 weeks, my wife comes to me and questions "Whats wrong?"

Saints, you can ignore what GOD tells you for so long, but it weighs on you.
And you also know, our spouses know us, they know when we are up or down.

You see, I didn't know what to tell her, if I tell her we aren't going to church anymore, she will wonder if I'm backslidden, and if I tell her what GOD said (very clearly to me), she will ask what I asked, in that ..ok, where do we go next?

So, I was confused - it doesn't take much at times...

But after a month of fighting what the LORD directly told me, I couldn't take it.
I told my wife, what the LORD told me shaving that Sunday morning.

What she then said, floored me!

"that is what the LORD told me too, but I was afraid to tell you!" she said!

We got on our knees and asked together, what do we do next?
The LORD spoke "You are to leave the church, so that you learn how to BE the church"

And we left that day, and never returned! Hallelujah.
The training HE gives, and the growth and the miracles just keep getting better and better.

That was years ago, and later the LORD sent an angel to confirm things for me, but that is another story.

Just like Mary told the servant at the wedding of Cana: "Whatever, HE says - do it!".
John 2:5

The other thing I learned through it, is this:
GOD won't give you the 'next thing', until you do the 'last thing'.

-eric

The Exchanged Life

ahhhh so refreshing to read this testimony .. that is exactly the manner (diff topics)in which the lord began to teach me to "HEAR" his voice and LISTEN (DO/OBEY)

I left that church because it was not following the New Testament model of the church, thus being very abusive and pretty destructive.

You have repeatedly referred to the New Testament Church model as if all know what that is. I know that house churches were prevalent and larger congregations existed also, in the 1st century. Would you cite a reference or example of what you mean? Which would be today's examples of churches following the model you speak of today?

"For ye died and your life is hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3.3" Jesus abiding with us is (becomes) our knowledge, our wisdom, our salvation, all divinely - God's way... as written in His Word.

A short paragraph describes this simply (the difference in 'brick and mortar', and real life in Jesus):
Saints who have come into ascension life have
the insight of the throne. They shall not be moved by anything.
All who are truly crucified with Christ are truly raised with
Christ; and all who are truly raised with Christ are truly
ascended with Christ. By being in the ascended
position the saints can enjoy
more intimate fellowship with the Lord. And as a result,
will not the awful condition of this world's darken night be
made more manifest and the power of darkness appear to
be closer by? Will we(who are crucified with Christ and
ascended with Him) not possess further insight and will
not Christ become greater? What a position this is!

Work salvation out with "fear and trembling".... all around is quicksand, and wolves.....

Remain in God's Word. Ascended/seated with Christ , living in intimate true union with Jesus TODAY.

Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0