What Can Separate Us From The Love Of God?

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear Fine, depends if you believe the scriptures or not. The scriptures do not teach many are called and everyone is chosen *MATTHEW 22:14. According to the scriptures, God's salvation is conditional on believing and following His Word. God's Sheep hear His Voice . Those who do not hear and follow are not his Sheep *JOHN 10:26-27.

Dear Love: Do you see that wee word "hear"? Hearing in Father's world is what few have experienced. You cannot follow until you hear. It is what the Master does to blind eyes & deaf ears by ephphatha.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dear Love: Do you see that wee word "hear"? Hearing in Father's world is what few have experienced. You cannot follow until you hear. It is what the Master does to blind eyes & deaf ears by ephphatha.

Indeed Fine, many close their eyes and ears to the still small voice saying this is the way walk ye in it *ISAIAH 30:21. It is indeed true you cannot follow until you hear. Many close their eyes and ears to hearing God's Words *ISAIAH 6:9-10; MATTHEW 13:14-15 and seek out those who preach smooth things and deceits *ISAIAH 30:10. This is why we need to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith or not *2 CORINTHIANS 13:5. Although this will not happen as shown ealier as many will not examine themselves and come to the light of God's Word because many love darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil and are condemned in their unbelief *JOHN 3:18-19.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hear = akouo =

"They heard not the voice."

One can hear a sound but not perceive.

"So don’t be so surprised when I tell you that you have to be ‘born from above’—out of this world, so to speak. You know well enough how the wind blows this way and that. You hear it rustling through the trees, but you have no idea where it comes from or where it’s headed next. That’s the way it is with everyone ‘born from above’ by the wind of God, the Spirit of God.” -MSG-

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hear = akouo =

"They heard not the voice."

One can hear a sound but not perceive.

Indeed my dear friend, what do you think the post above yours is saying. Not everyone knows what it means to be born from above. Those who do not know are the ones who do not hear. They have a form of Godliness and sadly deny the power thereof *2 TIMOTHY 3:5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not everyone knows what it means to be born from above. Those who do not know are the ones who do not hear.

Hearing is the foundation for following the Master's call!

In every day of our sojourn, the cramped and small gate so narrow in scope allows few, very few to enter into the Life of our Father. It is cramped & squeezed & restrictive for the masses. Only the elect, known as the malista (especially) find it because of His call & dogged pursuit, NOT by any choice of their own!

"You did not choose Me!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
These pages are filled with the pleasure some get in the four hell's. I find wonderful relief in the fact nothing but nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus the Lord.

iu

Whether it is ouden nothing, or medan containing certain impossibilities, or oudi ti with a more forceful expression>>>

Ouden & megan & oudi ti declare it is impossible for anything to separate us & them from Him: NOTHING!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟103,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Bro: Every last sin, & the nature from which all darkness of sin comes is in store for radical transformation in the Last Adam, the Lord Jesus Christ!

There is nothing, absolutely nothing the Master is not able to transform by His Presence!
Yes, God is not counting our sins against us anymore. They aren't being transformed, they have been taken away.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jer.31:3 God draws people by His love.

Rom.2:4 It is the kindness of God that leads to repentance.

It does not say that the knowledge of impending judgement leads to repentance.

1 Jn.4:18 Judgement involves fear, love casts it out.

If judgement is made the reason to get saved, that implies that we by our repentance can turn away that judgement.

But, Jesus by His sacrifice suffered our judgement upon Himself. And by our accepting what He did on our behalf because He loves us. Salvation is a gift to us. Not what comes to us because we earned it by repenting.

Eph…2:8 Salvation is by grace (unmerited favor) in which God treats us as if we never sinned, therefore we cannot earn it by repenting.

Salvation is by grace, not of works lest any man should boast.

Jn.1:12 We are to accept redemption, salvation by faith, believing in His name.

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

1 Jn.3:1 How great a love the Father has bestowed upon us that we should be called the children of God and so we are.

Ps.103:12 Jesus has removed our transgressions from us before we ever repented.

2 Cor.5:19 God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself, not counting against them their trespasses.

Rom.5:8 God demonstrates His own love for us that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

Jn.3:16 God so loved the world that He gave of His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Repentance is not saying I’m sorry for my sins. Repentance is changing direction.

Acts 26:18 To turn from darkness to light, and from the power of satan unto God.

Rom.1:16 The good news is the power of God unto salvation.

Rom.10:10 Those who hear the good news, believe in their heart and make confession with their mouth unto salvation.

Love is the reason to get saved, not judgement.

1 Pet.2:9 Therefore we can proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called us out of darkness and into His marvelous light… for we have received mercy.

Ps.107:1 Praise the Lord for He is good for His mercy endures forever.

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There’s a wideness in God’s mercy,
Like the wideness of the sea;
There’s a kindness in His justice,
Which is more than liberty.

There is no place where earth’s sorrows
Are more felt than up in Heaven;
There is no place where earth’s failings
Have such kindly judgment given.

There is welcome for the sinner,
And more graces for the good;
There is mercy with the Savior;
There is healing in His blood.

There is grace enough for thousands
Of new worlds as great as this;
There is room for fresh creations
In that upper home of bliss.

For the love of God is broader
Than the measure of our mind;
And the heart of the Eternal
Is most wonderfully kind.

There is plentiful redemption
In the blood that has been shed;
There is joy for all the members
In the sorrows of the Head.

’Tis not all we owe to Jesus;
It is something more than all;
Greater good because of evil,
Larger mercy through the fall.

If our love were but more simple,
We should take Him at His word;
And our lives would be all sunshine
In the sweetness of our Lord.

Souls of men! why will ye scatter
Like a crowd of frightened sheep?
Foolish hearts! why will ye wander
From a love so true and deep?

It is God: His love looks mighty,
But is mightier than it seems;
’Tis our Father: and His fondness
Goes far out beyond our dreams.

But we make His love too narrow
By false limits of our own;
And we magnify His strictness
With a zeal He will not own.

Was there ever kinder shepherd
Half so gentle, half so sweet,
As the Savior who would have us
Come and gather at His feet? -F.W. Faber-

iu

The Inescapable Love Of God

Thomas Talbott- The Inescapable Love of God - 2nd Edition

http://www.thomastalbott.com/pdf/chapter3.pdf

http://www.thomastalbott.com/pdf/chapter5.pdf

http://www.thomastalbott.com/pdf/Chapter11.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
One who has been touched by grace will no longer look on those who stray as "those evil people" or "those poor people who need our help." Nor must we search for signs of "loveworthiness." Grace teaches us that God loves because of who God is, not because of who we are." - Phillips Brooks-

"No matter what storm you face, you need to know that God loves you. He has not abandoned you." -Franklin Graham-

" Though our feelings come and go, God's love for us does not." -- C.S. Lewis

"God is completely sovereign. God is infinite in wisdom. God is perfect in love. God in His love always wills what is best for us. In His wisdom He always knows what is best, and in His sovereignty He has the power to bring it about." - Jerry Bridges-

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will believing that God is the Saviour of all men do away with evangelistic fervor and zeal? Only in men who hold a carnal knowledge of the doctrine in their intellect, but have no deep revelation of the truth of it in their hearts. It did not affect the apostle Paul in this manner. On the contrary it increased his fervor and zeal. Paul states it clearly and emphatically, "For to this end we labor and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Saviour of all men" (I Tim. 4:10). After many years of ministry, being, by the grace of God, an instrument of God to help a great many people in the deep spiritual, psychical, and physical needs of their lives, I testify that I know of no greater joy on earth than the joy of seeing people receive Christ as their own Saviour and Lord. Just ask anyone who has led some person to the Lord, what is the greatest joy he knows. He will not be slow in telling you. Or try it yourself!

The fact that we see and appreciate God's great and wonderful plan for all men leaves no room in us for a dilatory, DON'T CARE spirit. The elect of God are always conscious of their unique calling. We are given the high honor of being "laborers together with God." Some day when the last devil has been subjected, and the last sinner broken in humility and contrition at the lovely feet of Jesus, we shall realize, as we may not now, just how great that honor really is, and how much we have missed if we fail to share in this task to which the Almighty has set His hand.

Source: The Savior of the World, by J. Preston Eby
Kindgdom Bible Studies Savior of the World Series Part 1

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We are the ones who separate ourselves from God. To be able to stand on that great day and say "Lo this is our God" says a lot about our relationship with Him.
Exactly. From Adam on we separate ourselves from God. And while we have the benefit now of more time spent as prodigals lost and away from Him, combined with the grace to become found again under the New Covenant, we never lose the option to separate ourselves from God. The moist basic aspect of man's justice or righteousness, in fact, is his connection, or communion, with God, a relationship which is initiated and established by faith, in response to grace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NOTHING!

1. Not death.

2. Not life.

3. Not angels.

4. Not powers.

5. Not the present/ not the future.

6. No power.
ouden= NOTHING

Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers
I agree if we truly love and obey our Heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. However, sin separates billions of others from Him. Our Father does not say in vain that He wishes all to come to repentance. Our Beloved does not say in vain that the path to salvation is narrow indeed. He will say to many, "I never knew you."

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
NOTHING!

1. Not death.

2. Not life.

3. Not angels.

4. Not powers.

5. Not the present/ not the future.

6. No power.
ouden= NOTHING

Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers
Nothing/ No One can separate a born again believer from Christ. The saved do not become unsaved nor the born again unborn. Eternal Life never ends and every believer presently has eternal life and has passed from death to life.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nothing/ No One can separate a born again believer from Christ. The saved do not become unsaved nor the born again unborn. Eternal Life never ends and every believer presently has eternal life and has passed from death to life.

hope this helps !!!

Nothing separates us or them from their Creator & Lord.

God is the Saviour of ALL mankind, not a potential Saviour, He IS Saviour!

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe/trust in Him. Command this & teach this."

Every knee, every tongue, every dimension in antiphonal worship.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree if we truly love and obey our Heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. However, sin separates billions of others from Him. Our Father does not say in vain that He wishes all to come to repentance. Our Beloved does not say in vain that the path to salvation is narrow indeed. He will say to many, "I never knew you."

The fall of Adam1 does indeed separate all of us from Father.

The language of the Father of all fathers is a mite stronger than wishing all to come to repentance & His glorious will.

He willeth (thelo) all mankind to be saved & come to repentance!

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The "Depart from me, I never knew you" is at the entrance so to speak of the Kingdom of Heaven.
Not "Heaven". It is in the present I believe, the Kingdom of Heaven is right now on earth, believers have it, it is inside them/among them, according to the scriptures. Unbelievers are to depart, cannot enter, doing iniquity. Jesus never knew them. Knowing can be a synonym for loving I believe, even making love, as seen in the old testament.

All I am saying is this is not after death, but now, the "depart from me"-passage.

Upvote 0