What Can Separate Us From The Love Of God?

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
7. Not our sins.

Dear Bro: Every last sin, & the nature from which all darkness of sin comes is in store for radical transformation in the Last Adam, the Lord Jesus Christ!

There is nothing, absolutely nothing the Master is not able to transform by His Presence!

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The bible states that those born of God do not commit sin... Paul seems to believe it an impossibility to, after tasting of the heavenly kingdom, to fall away.

Yet I see this scenario of being saved then unsaved thrown around like it is, not only possible, but normal.... Why is that?

Probably because people are misinterpreting scripture or individuals are being deceived by the evil one. This is nothing new as the New Testament warns of false teachings & false doctrine and it's more readily disseminated today through the internet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear Bro: Every last sin, & the nature from which all darkness of sin comes is in store for radical transformation in the Last Adam, the Lord Jesus Christ!

There is nothing, absolutely nothing the Master is not able to transform by His Presence!
Amen.........Amen........Amen!

Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yet I see this scenario of being saved then unsaved thrown around like it is, not only possible, but normal.... Why is that?

Because it is biblical and what the scriptures teach. For some reason though not many people believe and follow God's Word anymore. I believe that this is a fulfillment of MATTHEW 24:24 and one of the signs of the end.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nope... actually true.. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is what separates you from God.

Nothing separates you or anybody from God Forever.

In the case of the blasphemy of the Spirit you will note non- forgiveness for this age and the next.

"Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

"in this age or the next." Assuming you grasp the ages then you will know this nasty blasphemy has dire consequences.

Let's review the ages again.

The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all have a sinful nature. All we can do without JESUS is sin. The good news of the gospel is that JESUS has come to save us from our sins not to continue in our sins as we have faith in his Word *JOHN 8:31-36. The power of creation is in God's Word as we believe it *1 PETER 1:5; 2 CORINTHIANS 6:7; ROMANS 1:16 and walk in his Spirit *GALATIANS 5:16; ROMANS 8:1-4. This is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:6-10. Those who continue in known unrepentant sin do not know God and need to be born of God or they will find themselves in the position of those who had a form of godliness but who never knew him *MATTHEW 7:22-26; 2 TIMOTHY 3:5; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; HEBREWS 10:26-27.

May you receive God's Word and be blessed.
You said a lot, yet for some reason, avoided answering the question.

I'll try again:
"Do you believe that you will ever be without sin in this life? If not, would that mean that you will always consider yourself separated from God?"

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it is biblical and what the scriptures teach. For some reason though not many people believe and follow God's Word anymore. I believe that this is a fulfillment of MATTHEW 24:24 and one of the signs of the end.
Interesting. Someone responded to the same post you did, and said the exact opposite of what you are saying. Which one is correct? It is easy to read the bible and relate to all the good portions and deem that all the talks of the wicked and deceived to be referring to everyone besides us.

It is much harder to use all of scripture to examine ourselves.....yet this is the most beneficial way to study scripture.

I mentioned two places in scripture which states it is not possible to be born from above, and then fall into sin after. Can you reference a few places in scripture where this IS possible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear Brian: The wonderful expression of Romans 8 is clearly enunciated to us & them. In the middle of the chapter the us and them merge into the entire broken creation in need of emancipation from the tyranny of sin and futility. Will the Glorious One prevail? Yup!

The whole (the whole enchilada) shall be delivered from chains.

"It wasn’t so long ago that you were mired in that old stagnant life of sin. You let the world, which doesn’t know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. You filled your lungs with polluted unbelief, and then exhaled disobedience.

We all did it, all of us doing what we felt like doing, when we felt like doing it, all of us in the same boat.

It’s a wonder God didn’t lose his temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, he embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on his own, with no help from us! Then he picked us up and set us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah." -MSG-

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
NOTHING!

1. Not death.

2. Not life.

3. Not angels.

4. Not powers.

5. Not the present/ not the future.

6. No power.
ouden= NOTHING

Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers

Ouden = nothing

Medan =conveying certain impossibilities.

Oudi ti=

More forceful expression than the simple ouden.

Dear Reader: Whether it is ouden in its simple form, or medan with certain impossibilities, or oudi ti with a more forceful meaning, the love of God never fails, EVER!

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What does nothing mean in English?

Nothing=

Not anything/ naught.

No part/ share/ trace.

Something that is non-existent.

As an adverb=

No respect or degree/ not at all.

As an adjective=

Amounting to nothing.

"Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us?

There is no way!

Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture. (MSG)

iu

• Agree
Reactions: martymonster
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You said a lot, yet for some reason, avoided answering the question.

I'll try again:
"Do you believe that you will ever be without sin in this life? If not, would that mean that you will always consider yourself separated from God?"

If you did not understand the previous post my dear brother or the meaning of the scripture shared with you, please let me help as I thought my post was very clear. The answer to your question is YES my dear brother we can live without known unrepentant sin through repentance and faith in Gods' Word through the blood of Christ we have God's forgiveness to everyone who believes *JOHN 8:31-36. This is the good news of the Gospel of JESUS Christ! I am forgiven for my sins and JESUS gives me power to walk in newness of life as I have faith in his Words *GALATIANS 5:16.

Those who continue in known unrepentant sin according to the scriptures do not know God *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:6. If we deny God's power to save us from our sins we only have a form of Godliness that is of the scribes and pharisees *MATTHEW 5:20; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; MATTHEW 7:22-26; 2 TIMOTHY 3:5 . It is not God's will that we sin but if we do we have an advocate with the father *1 JOHN 2:1-2. We are not separated from God if we seek him through faith, repentance and forgiveness *1 JOHN 1:9; PROVERBS 28:13; PROVERBS 28:9.

If we continue in known unrepentant sin we remain separated from God's presence *ISAIAH 59:2 and there only remains a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come *HEBREWS 10:26-27 at which time JESUS will say depart from my you who work iniquity I never knew you *MATTHEW 7:22-26.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. Someone responded to the same post you did, and said the exact opposite of what you are saying. Which one is correct? It is easy to read the bible and relate to all the good portions and deem that all the talks of the wicked and deceived to be referring to everyone besides us.

It is much harder to use all of scripture to examine ourselves.....yet this is the most beneficial way to study scripture.

I mentioned two places in scripture which states it is not possible to be born from above, and then fall into sin after. Can you reference a few places in scripture where this IS possible?

The only thing that is true my dear brother, if you do not know what is true, is God's Word. As it is written God forbid: yes, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That you might be justified in your sayings, and might overcome when you are judged *ROMANS 3:4. If a teaching is not based on the scriptures it is not from God. Being born of God is symbolic of a new heart to love and to walk in newness of life *GALATIANS 5:16 as we believe and follow God's Word . If we are not believing and following God's Word we are not born again and are not following God *JOHN 10:26-27. If we have been born again through faith in God's Word and turn away from God's Word we have departed the faith and simply returned to a life of sin and counted the blood of the covenant an unholy thing *HEBREWS 10:26-39.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nigel Malka

Feb 28, 2020
Coventry
Visit site
✟17,947.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
NOTHING!

1. Not death.

2. Not life.

3. Not angels.

4. Not powers.

5. Not the present/ not the future.

6. No power.
ouden= NOTHING

Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers
Of course there are two things that can separate us from God the first is ourselves, We have been given freewill to enable us to chose if we want to be part of God's family plus don't forget the unforgivable sin for Christians who once did believe, and the second is Satan's influence.

Upvote 0

Nigel Malka

Feb 28, 2020
Coventry
Visit site
✟17,947.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Blasphemy is continuous rejection of the Holy Spirit, hardening of the heart to a point the Holy Spirt is completely removed with no return and is known and determined by God alone.

An age describes a space in time (not in a numerical sense)

In this case ...

either in this age (current age) or in the age to come." (until Jesus returns)

How many ages are there? We do not know when the Lord returns.
There are surely only two ages for us, the now in which we live, and the future when we are within God's Family. As for Blasphemy it is speaking against God and his ways.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Of course there are two things that can separate us from God the first is ourselves, We have been given freewill to enable us to chose if we want to be part of God's family plus don't forget the unforgivable sin for Christians who once did believe, and the second is Satan's influence.

Good grief Nigel!

You are not paying attention to the posts.

You however are seriously discombobulated.

Jesus Christ declares "You DID NOT choose Me, I chose you." You do NOT become a member of His family by any choice of your own. It is NOT by the will of the flesh, but solely on the foundation of HIS draw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you did not understand the previous post my dear brother or the meaning of the scripture shared with you, please let me help as I thought my post was very clear. The answer to your question is YES my dear brother we can live without known unrepentant sin through repentance and faith in Gods' Word through the blood of Christ we have God's forgiveness to everyone who believes *JOHN 8:31-36. This is the good news of the Gospel of JESUS Christ! I am forgiven for my sins and JESUS gives me power to walk in newness of life as I have faith in his Words *GALATIANS 5:16.

Those who continue in known unrepentant sin according to the scriptures do know God *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:6. If we deny God's power to save us from your sins we only have a form of Godliness that is of the scribes and pharisees *MATTHEW 5:20; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; MATTHEW 7:22-26; 2 TIMOTHY 3:5 . It is not God's will that we sin but if we do we have an advocate with the father *1 JOHN 2:1-2. We are not separated from God if we seek him through faith, repentance and forgiveness *1 JOHN 1:9; PROVERBS 28:13; PROVERBS 28:9.

If we continue in known unrepentant sin we remain separated from God's presence *ISAIAH 59:2 and there only remains a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come *HEBREWS 10:26-27 at which time JESUS will say depart from my you who work iniquity I never knew you *MATTHEW 7:22-26.
Maybe, I was unclear in my question. Maybe if I surround my question with a multitude of words you will understand better? As this seems to be what you like to do with your answers?

Yet I cannot find a multitude of words to go along with this simple question.

I asked: ""Do you believe that you will ever be without sin in this life? "

Yet you cant help but answer questions concerning "known unrepentant sin." Why cant you just answer the question? Or at least, if you have to separate sins into categories, give an answer that would cover all of your sin categories.

You leave me no choice but to guess and assume since you cannot answer plainly.

I assume that you are saying that, after you are saved, you are still capable of committing UNKOWN REPENTANT SINs?

If this assumption is correct, and going along with your statement that "sin separates you from the love of God," can we conclude that You are separate from God's love, when you commit these types of sins, after you were saved and connected to Gods love prior to committing this sin?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing that is true my dear brother, if you do not know what is true is God's Word. As it is written God forbid: yes, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That you might be justified in your sayings, and might overcome when you are judged *ROMANS 3:4. If a teaching is not based on the scriptures it is not from God. Being born of God is symbolic of a new heart to love and to walk in newness of life *GALATIANS 5:16 as we believe and follow God's Word . If we are not believing and following God's Word we are not born again and are not following God *JOHN 10:26-27. If we have been born again through faith in God's Word and turn away from God's Word we have departed the faith and simply returned to a life of sin and counted the blood of the covenant an unholy thing *HEBREWS 10:26-39.
I have to admit, your words do sound holy and seem right.

Yet: "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

So it is not sufficient enough to follow, blindly, that which seems right.

When you say God's Word, are you talking about a book, or the living word......which proceedeth out of the mouth of God?

• Agree
Upvote 0