• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What Can Be Done With Zero Republican Votes?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by mark46, Jan 25, 2021.

1. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,843
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    What can be done with zero Republican votes? I suspect that we could find that enough so that the changes by Trump will be dwarfed. The only lasting effect of Trump will be the conservative judges, low tax rates for the rich, and the loss of credibility of the Republican Party (plus his own bankruptcy).

Two things should be understood. Biden's lawyers are competent. Few of his executive orders will be thrown out of court, although some will be. Secondly, Democrats really like government and its role in serving the people. They know how it works and they will be efficient is removing the stain of Trump on the various agencies.

Trump has led the way. Biden will use Executive Orders tenfold more than Trump did. Biden will declare emergencies as Trump did, probably include a climate emergency. Much can be done when an emergency is in place. Much will be done by changing policies and priorities. Foe example, I doubt that there will be any executions in the next four years.

With regard to legislation, hold on tight. Two budget reconciliation bills seem likely (and then 2 more next year). One will involve COVID and the economy. The Republicans might agree to a very small bill regarding delivery of vaccine. That would be great. But that won't stop the major $1.5T stimulus. The second bill is a bit more nebulous, but would involve jobs and climate change. My guess is that we will be following Europe's lead by not having ANY combustion cars sold or fossil plants built after 2030. [GM and Ford are already on board].
    ============
    Let's be clear. As long as the vaccines are delivered and the majority are vaccinated before July 4th, there will not way to stop the large initial phase of Biden's agenda. And there will be no way to stop the economy from setting many, many records. The key for so many will be to create jobs.

I expect 300 million vaccine doses in the first 100 days, 3 million a day in March and April. The orders are in place. There may be the need for some action through the production act, primarily for supplies. The other key is the 3rd vaccine which should start be available in volume by the end of next month.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+2,645
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I do not see things that clearly, nor that favorably for Biden, I think that after 2 years in office he will receive the same spanking, as Obama called it, that Obama received. The voters will respond by voting in Republicans in a landslide. We are well on the way to an "America last policy" for the next 4 years and an economy that kills jobs and increases costs and taxes for the average worker. I see very little in the EO's so far that will improve anything. We are accelerating at a record pace in the wrong direction.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,224
    Christian
    Private
    so in other words the republicans will hurt the country again, let biden take blame them pretend like they will fix things.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. disciple Clint

+2,645
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    no in other words the Republicans will once again have to clean up a mess they did not make.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,238
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    And so begins Biden Derangement Syndrome.

6. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,224
    Christian
    Private
    no it's their mess. If they mess up the states by refusing to work with the democrats even in the interest of the country for 2 years it's their fault.

7. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+28,923
    Anglican
    Married
    Yeah. All that prosperity, bringing an inoculation against the virus to reality in record time, creating the lowest unemployment figures for black Americans and Latinos in the whole of our history, demolishing ISIS, bringing about peace agreements between Israel and several Muslim countries, and cutting taxes for the middle class. That must be the "mess" you had in mind.

8. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+4,388
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You forgot repealing that stupid health care bill that nobody could afford.

9. mark46

+3,843
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I guess that you free to ignore all the content of my post. I stated what Biden would likely do over the next 2 years. Where do you disagree. I made no guesses on what will happen in 2022 elections.

With regard to your post, you state that the country is going on record pace in the wrong direction. Since Biden has been president less than a week, I can only presume that your are discussing the last 4 years.

10. mark46

+3,843
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Are we using alternative facts again?

Yes, Trump attempted to repeal Obamacare. The effort failed when McCain voted "no".

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. mark46

+3,843
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Why can't you leave folks to their own facts? For some, Harris is clearly further left that Sanders and Lahey.

12. disciple Clint

+2,645
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Should I be shocked that those who have China's best interests as a priority would favor Biden?

13. disciple Clint

+2,645
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    THE RESISTANCE was not formed by the Republicans over the past for years.

14. disciple Clint

+2,645
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Considering that you have nothing other than your opinion to validate your forecast for the Biden administration, I am not at all uncomfortable disagreeing with it. Regarding Biden and his 30+ EO's so far it is not difficult to see exactly how he is accelerating in the wrong direction. He was not elected King and the courts are starting to block some of his overreach. His plan to swamp the system with so many EO's that no one will be able to react is faulty at best.

15. FireDragon76

+13,238
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    You're kidding, right? Their facts? That's just too much like postmodern nonsense.

Or is Harris perceived as "radical" because she is black and female?

16. FireDragon76

+13,238
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    I value international peace and cooperation, and detest petty tribalism.

17. disciple Clint

+2,645
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I value freedom and liberty for all.

18. disciple Clint

+2,645
    United States
    Christian
    Private
  19. driewerf

driewerf a day at the Zoo

+1,058
    Atheist
    Married
    Peace and cooperation are not mutually exclusive with freedom and liberty.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Guinan

Guinan Live long and prosper.

+1,192
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    Does this mean that you support the freedom and liberty of LGBTQ American citizens? As a Christian, I don't agree with their lifestyle, but I support their civil rights because they are American citizens.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021