Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Or just realize that Facebook, Twitter, and cable news aren't reality. Or if you think they are, I would say it's YOUR head that's in the clouds.
I see. They are not real and not really looked at and used by a majority. OK

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see. They are not real and not really looked at and used by a majority. OK

If I'm to believe cable news ratings, then no, they aren't used by the majority. For example, one of the most popular shows (Hannity) attracts around 3 million views (others attract less). So that's less than 1% of the population. Last time I did math that wasn't a majority.

Q3 2018 Ratings: Fox News Marks 67 Straight Quarters as No. 1 Cable News Network; Hannity Becomes No. 1 Basic Cable Series

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I'm to believe cable news ratings, then no, they aren't used by the majority. For example, one of the most popular shows (Hannity) attracts around 3 million views (others attract less). So that's less than 1% of the population. Last time I did math that wasn't a majority.

Q3 2018 Ratings: Fox News Marks 67 Straight Quarters as No. 1 Cable News Network; Hannity Becomes No. 1 Basic Cable Series
Seems a lot of young folks use Facebook airports often have CNN..not sure we can relate them as not mainstream

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now, show us some liberal leaders that you think are in agreement? Clinton? Obama? Hollywood? Lady Gaga?

Obama was against homo marriage until he figured it being for it would garner him some campaign contributions and votes, then he went all in and the rest is history.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It looks like there is division in the US. Some violence also.

Could anything be done to stop it?

If your news sources are leading you to believe a civil war is approaching, you need to change your news sources.

This is certainly less of a troubled time than the 60s and early 70s.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Obama was against homo marriage until he figured it being for it would garner him some campaign contributions and votes, then he went all in and the rest is history.
Add that to his godly decisions I guess.

Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If your news sources are leading you to believe a civil war is approaching, you need to change your news sources.

This is certainly less of a troubled time than the 60s and early 70s.
Seems to me the feelings run deep now and it is polarized.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems to me the feelings run deep now and it is polarized.

Back in the 60s and early 70s, we had major race riots in many of the major cities. Some of them lasted for days.

The Weather Underground was doing more bombing in the US than ISIS has even attempted. They were scary as hell.

We even had race riots on military bases and naval vessels at sea.

Race riots on military bases. Race riots on naval vessels

That's as close to a real civil war as a nation can have without it actually devolving into one.

The nation is nowhere near that point today.

• Informative
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Back in the 60s and early 70s, we had major race riots in many of the major cities. Some of them lasted for days.

The Weather Underground was doing more bombing in the US than ISIS has even attempted. They were scary as hell.

We even had race riots on military bases and naval vessels at sea.

Race riots on military bases. Race riots on naval vessels

That's as close to a real civil war as a nation can have without it actually devolving into one.

The nation is nowhere near that point today.
Maybe you're right. My opinion is that it is more serious now, because the underlying hatreds and feelings are more universal, and involve more than one issue or two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you're right. My opinion is that it is more serious now, because the underlying hatreds and feelings are more universal, and involve more than one issue or two.

What issues are involved now that are any more serious than people taking to the streets in mass violence, burning down entire neighborhoods?

• Agree
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What issues are involved now that are any more serious than people taking to the streets in mass violence, burning down entire neighborhoods?
Globalism, abortion, rampant Sodom and Gomorrah lifestyle encroachments, migration, Corporate collusion on matters of media, propaganda..etc, claims of each side that the other side are Nazis, enemies of state, position on Christianity, claims of secret cabals and shadow governments, treason...etc etc.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Globalism, abortion, rampant Sodom and Gomorrah lifestyle encroachments, migration, Corporate collusion on matters of media, propaganda..etc, claims of each side that the other side are Nazis, enemies of state, position on Christianity, claims of secret cabals and shadow governments, treason...etc etc.
maybe those on the right should stop doing this stuff

• Winner
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Half of those things are fake rumors, the other half have no "civil war" potential anyway.

A civil war requires people on two sides being willing to kill and die. At this point, right wingers may be ginning up a group of people willing to kill on their side, but that's not happening in the left wing, and nobody is particularly willing to die on either side.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
maybe those on the right should stop doing this stuff
Actually, it is obvious there is disloyal people high up in various arms of government in the US. The media also is obviously biased for the most part..probably better called enemy of the state propaganda.

The deep feelings run in both sides, as evidenced by your ignorant reply. Support for killing babies and deep sin lifestyles runs on both sides, but the dems have a terminal case from the toe to the ears.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Half of those things are fake rumors, the other half have no "civil war" potential anyway.

A civil war requires people on two sides being willing to kill and die. At this point, right wingers may be ginning up a group of people willing to kill on their side, but that's not happening in the left wing, and nobody is particularly willing to die on either side.
How can you say what is fake news or fake rumors? You simply chose to believe certain things. A civil war, in my opinion, primarily needs agitators throwing gas on the little flames. Who organized and sip ported the recent migrant push to the US? You thought that was some natural event? I wonder at all the funds spent on both agitating and fighting these things, whether it all might be better spent actually helping the poor folks...rather than using them and their kids as pawns.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I sometimes wonder about people. I bet some out there want nothing less than a civil war.

Then again there are folk here that are textbook school shooters or driving cars in to crowds, so I'm not surprised.
The thing is, I doubt it was just people of any persuasion that really created the impetus for great civil upheaval. It was, in my opinion, and is, being pushed and financed by parties with other priorities and goals than what is best for the US.

Upvote 0

slobake

Oct 2, 2018
San Francisco
✟12,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!"
Galatians 5:13-15

the Bible calls us to submit to one another. other and not worry about "Our Rights" I know that almost sounds un-American. :sorry: If we are followers of Jesus there is a good chance we will suffer, it is all over the New Testament. Don't be surprised when it happens but embrace it when you get to suffer for your faith like so many of the apostles did. I know, that sounds silly. Do we really know about suffering for our faith here in the U.S.? Still don't be surprised when we are opposed and/or slandered for following the Lord. Be joyful when that happens.
"Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh. For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth"; who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed. For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."
1Peter 2:18-25

We are called to share the gospel (good news) with the world and not worry about the personal cost for ourselves. I wish I could say I always do that but God is still working on me. If I trust Him, He will use me to do things that I can't do by my own power. He will make us a "new creation" if we let go and submit to Him.
How many of us "go to church" one or twice a week and that is the extent of our faith? Am I talking about Jesus to my neighbors, co-workers, people in the street? Am I taking care of widows and orphans? Am I feeding the hungry and/or visiting those in prison? If I am busy doing those things maybe I won't have time to worry about what other people are doing.
Have we traded politics and "our rights" for the great commission? Do we expect a secular government to do the things that WE are called to do?
How can we tell if we are filled with the Spirit? Like this:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-14

I agree that there is way too much division and polarization in our country. Are hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, envy, of God or of our enemy?
Our enemy here on this earth and in the heavenliness is laughing at us. They want to sow discord and division among us. It is no longer a rumor that there are people from other countries trying to divide us by intentionally sowing discord with posts, tweets,etc. Sometimes I wonder if there are bots here on this website trying to stir up division.
You can see on this thread how we are pointing at each other instead of each of us taking a good look at ourselves. Am I making things better or creating more division?

Last edited:
Upvote 0