What brought you to CF?

May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Philothei!

I was looking for some information on Autism (cant remember the exact topic now), and I came across CF. Decided to join.

Have been here for quite a few years now, and have made some wonderful friends. I mostly hang out in the fellowship area, play word games, and Mature Singles/Singles.

Thanks for starting up the thread! :hug: :)

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You are welcome :)

I started coming to the Christian Forums for fellowship and prayers :) We were going though rough times with re-location and CF seems a great place to hang out with caring people. I am so thankful for all the good people who prayed for me. I also enjoy my time on staff as it gives me a chance to offer ministry back to the site :)
Have all a great day.!

The best things in life are not things and prayer is right up with fellowship :)

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I came here looking for a Christian depression/anxiety support group. I hung out in those areas at first, then found Singles and stayed mostly there for several years. Got kicked out when I got married, and now I wander around Advice, Married Couples, and here in Life Stages.

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave: Philothei - it's been a while!

I tried a few different Christian forums looking for good conversation about faith and life, while hoping to learn as much as possible along the way. I landed here because it was the most diverse, most global, and most open to different perspectives. Some of the others were echo chambers of narrow thinking.

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

Yoseft

Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
United States
✟11,811.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It is so easy to say HIM.

The Holy One, The Lord of my Life.

I was on a work related site / Forum that had all the world had to offer with
many many who are not of Him.

He started to convict me slowly and gently.

I said OK Father, I will seek a "born again" site.

Here I am.

I now stay away from politics as He impressed in my inner man.

I try..... I am flesh.

I will not compromise, and found that it is best to not comment
or post on the obvious no-brainier to me. Homosexuality, and etc..

I am a person that knows his Word, and I try not to twist it to my fleshly
desires.

I love all that are born-again (by His Heart and Grace), and look to
Jesus / Yeshua as Lord!!

Got to go.... Bless all of you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gosh, I joined at 15. I honestly can't really remember. I want to say that there was a forum I was a member of for a while and was pretty active on, but then it just suddenly closed downs, so I went browsing around for something new. I could be wrong about that, but that seems the correct timeline.

Upvote 0

DandelionsInTheRain

You see flowers in these weeds
Aug 23, 2007
in a field of yellow flowers, underneath the sun
✟17,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was on a small Christian forum that got overrun by spammers and then most of the threads accidently got deleted, and the forums hidden and replaced with new ones. So while people who figured it out could still find the hidden forums.. and even now there are some who go and post there a couple times a year, it's not very active. So I googled "Christian forum" and found this site. I started reading threads where people were giving advice and decided to join a day later.
I really enjoyed having fellowship and one on one conversations with Christians from all over the world, being encouraged and encouraging others. I also had a blog on here (I joined during a time in my life when I was somewhat depressed but trying to trust and learn from God) so it was a good place where I could express my thoughts and be encouraged. What kept me here through the years was the personal friendships I made with people here.

Upvote 0

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟95,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was bored and I googled "Christian Singles" and stumbled across the singles forum. I wanted to meet people who are in kind of the same place in their lives as I am, and I just wanted to talk to people who could openly share their faith. So here I am.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't remember how I found CF, but I remember why I joined...

I read a post in the "Survivors of Crime" area which really touched me. It was from a lady who was suffering from nightmares and anxiety after a break-in and sexual assault at her home. Having been through a violent-crime experience, I joined CF to reply to her, and we've been friends ever since.

It turns out we lived in the same small city, a few miles from each other!

Upvote 0