What books or sermons are you listening to?

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you think I will be able to apply what
I've learned and be free from these thoughts?
Assurance of faith (Romans 8; 1 John 5) and regular prayer and Bible reading should focus one's thoughts immensely; Philippians 4.8 is a great reference point also! :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks so much,Im truly believing God to heal my mind and to set me free.
YW; and remember - unlike a lot of psychological writings and therapy - Hebrews 12.2 - 'looking unto Jesus' is an essential perspective to keep, rather than any tendency to introspection.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm re-reading (among other things) Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives by Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica.

It can be very helpful in dealing with various thought-related issues. By the grace of God, I was reading it when I received a diagnosis of cancer (now cancer-free, thankfully!).

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys just want to talk about what books do you like to read besides the Bible. Or which pastor's sermons do you like to listen to. The Bible is our spiritual bread,and other books or sermons can be our snacks.
So I like the books of Derek Prince a lot. His books and sermons are very simple,precise and straight to the point. Although I found some of his teaching confusing, overall, his teaching is helpful.
What about you?

When it comes to religious/theological/spiritual reading:

I have been reading a lot of Eastern Orthodox readings recently, as I explore this (to me) vast and unknown side of Christianity.

Non-Orthodox literature I have read recently includes Ted Dekker’s The Forgotten Way.

I always like reading CS Lewis, of which my favorites of his nonfiction writings are Mere Christianity, The Great Divorce, and The Screwtape Letters.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Discipleship (also known as The Cost of Discipleship) is also a favorite of mine, and I like the writings of A.W. Tozer and Andrew Murray as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Always love CS Lewis. I tend to revisit The Great Divorce and the Screwtape Letters (I like the follow-up pieces to Screwtape as well). Usually around this time of year. I think it's about due. :)

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm reading "Rock and Sand" by Father Josiah Trenham.
Also, "Learning Greek Through Conversation" Theodore C. Papaloizos, Ph.D. is part of my Greek class.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
When it comes to religious/theological/spiritual reading:

I have been reading a lot of Eastern Orthodox readings recently, as I explore this (to me) vast and unknown side of Christianity.

Non-Orthodox literature I have read recently includes Ted Dekker’s The Forgotten Way.

I always like reading CS Lewis, of which my favorites of his nonfiction writings are Mere Christianity, The Great Divorce, and The Screwtape Letters.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Discipleship (also known as The Cost of Discipleship) is also a favorite of mine, and I like the writings of A.W. Tozer and Andrew Murray as well.
The Screwtape letters is one of my all time favorites.

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In other words, Keep looking up ('looking unto Jesus') rather than keep looking inward! :)

Thanks so much for talking with me and really encouraging me.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks so much for talking with me and really encouraging me.
YW. We need to encourage one another as believers; this is what walking in the light - in John's First Epistle - as the basis for fellowship with God's Son and with one another, is all about.

Upvote 0