What books or sermons are you listening to?

AnnaliseWong

Oct 17, 2017
Auckland
✟9,606.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys just want to talk about what books do you like to read besides the Bible. Or which pastor's sermons do you like to listen to. The Bible is our spiritual bread,and other books or sermons can be our snacks.
So I like the books of Derek Prince a lot. His books and sermons are very simple,precise and straight to the point. Although I found some of his teaching confusing, overall, his teaching is helpful.
What about you?

Reactions: faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys just want to talk about what books do you like to read besides the Bible. Or which pastor's sermons do you like to listen to. The Bible is our spiritual bread,and other books or sermons can be our snacks.
So I like the books of Derek Prince a lot. His books and sermons are very simple,precise and straight to the point. Although I found some of his teaching confusing, overall, his teaching is helpful.
What about you?
C H Spurgeon is good, and heartwarming; his books are really sermons later published.

Upvote 0

AnnaliseWong

Oct 17, 2017
Auckland
✟9,606.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Currently reading Derek Prince, Foundational Truths For Christian Living
His Fundational truth is great.. And I am reading his You Matter to God, it's different from what I expected. He started from the fall of Adam and Eve, and analyze a person in spirit,soul and body.What happen to our spirit soul and body after regenerated. His teaching always refreshed my knowledge of God and men

• Informative
Reactions: dcamero
Upvote 0

Minoa

Jul 29, 2016
North America
✟10,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A good book not many may tell us to read but everyone should (be wary though to show this book to abusive types of people---they will likely take it out of context)---if you need to safely set boundaries read it quietly alone first):

Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend

Bought initially not even realizing it was a Christian-written book as I just desperately needed a book on this, so that made it 2x better. I own 3 of their books now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am just about done reading a book on the armor of God.Its really good.
There's great book about the armor of God ('The Christian in Complete Armour') by William Gurnall. It's basically an exposition of Ephesians 6. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The part thats spoken to me
the most is the part about the helmet of Salvation,
on how we need to let God change our thought patterns.
I have low self esteem and struggle with thinking negatively about myself so that was convicting.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The part thats spoken to me
the most is the part about the helmet of Salvation,
on how we need to let God change our thought patterns.
I have low self esteem and struggle with thinking negatively about myself so that was convicting.
There is a wealth of exposition to be enjoyed with the various parts of armor, worn in faith. :)

Upvote 0