What book of the bible are you studying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
What book of the bible are you studying now? Or what topic are you studying?

I just finished Joshua and now I'm studying Judges. I am trying to read the entire Old Testament, though I skipped Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. I've read some of the books in the OT out of order now I'm trying to read them in order, but obviously I've already failed at that.

So, anyways, what are you studying?

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm reading through the epistles in French.. it is amazing how many things jump out in another language that one doesn't notice in one's native language.. I suppose having to think harder about the meaning has that effect.
I'm also studying Esther.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just started teaching Micah in my bible study class. I've been reading Systematic Theology by Dr. Norman Geisler. Great set.
icon12.gif
icon12.gif
GEISLER!
icon12.gif
icon12.gif

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
I'm in Isaiah... but I wander all the time.
I got to chapter 18 and ended up in Romans
for a few days.

I lack discipline in study method sometimes. :blush: :sorry::holy:

I'm a wander too. I went from Exodus to Acts to Joshua now Judges then will roam back to finish Acts.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am currently deeply studying the book of Romans and will probably start on the Gospel of John or the OC book of Isaiah next.

I like delving into the hebrew/greek a lot and in fact have a thread going on the GT board on Romans. :wave:
http://www.christianforums.com/t7364825/
Book of Romans verse by verse study

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a wander too. I went from Exodus to Acts to Joshua now Judges then will roam back to finish Acts.
lol
Well, one thought leads you to other verses, and when you look
those verses up, you get involved in that book...... and there
you go onto other things.

I'm not convinced that there's anything wrong with that tho.
:holy: :D

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm in Genesis right now. I finished reading the RSV through about a month ago. I did topic study for about a month. Now I'm reading through the ESV.

I like to read the chronological story and then branch out from there reading the books in regards to the timeline of the core historical books below:

Genesis
Exodus
Numbers
Joshua
Judges
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
1 Kings
2 Kings
Ezra
Nehemiah
Luke
Acts

I sweep up at the end and finish reading the bible through with the rest of the Pentatuech and 1 and 2 Chronicles as that material was mainly covered in the core books already.

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
Hentenza, I would love to be a bible study teacher for the little kids at church but alas, I have not the patients nor the talent. :(

Nadiine, I don't think there is anything wrong with being a wanderer, at least when we get lost it's only because we are absorbed in Scripture. ;)

DD2008, I am also trying to work my way through the Old Testament. It's funny, I don't care anything about war but now that I'm reading the wars of Israel (is it just me or are these people fighting the same group of people over and over again???) I'm now interested in the history and culture of the other group of people that Israel fought, so I'm going to try to look up histories on the Egyptians, Ammorites, Philistines, etc....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.