What book are you reading at the moment?

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good to know im not the only bookaholic.

Finished history of hats. Kinda interestng yet boring at the same time. Someone drew all these pictures of people wearing hats throughout history with commentary but would have been nice to have actual photos.

Now reading scratching for a living by rudd kleinpaaste.
Its a book about bugs written by an entomologist. No photos but drawings in this one as well. Its more articles and musings on bugs not history.

Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟306,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Taking a brief break from reading about the Vietnam War to read Story of Your Life by Ted Chiang. It is a short story (39 pages) about first contact with aliens and the difficulty of communication and language. It is what the upcoming movie Arrival is based on.

Here is a trailer for the movie:

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bought 4 books today.
But still reading the bug one.

P, heroin, cannabis, cocaine, alcohol and cigarettes, everyone turns a blind eye to at border control. I mean if people want are foolish enough to smuggle those in and take them then its their early funeral.
Its the bugs they are really looking out for.. Cos spiders, wasps and fruitflies and other creepy crawlies could like, devastate the whole country and insects dont discriminate...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just finished several excellent books I was reading for summer leisure, my two favorites being A Paradise Built in Hell by Rebecca Solnit, and Kierkegaard: A Christian Missionary to Christians by Mark A. Tietjen. :)

This afternoon I checked out a new eclectic batch of books, but I haven't decided which one I'll read first. If by chance anyone here has read any of them, I'm curious for your thoughts!

IMG_2825.jpg

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm listening to Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer.
It was a teaching series before it got made into a book, so its not an audio book of the book. But I would classify it as a book.

I have read it before but its different listening I suppose.

The other book I've started is Belching out the Devil.
Its about Coca-Cola.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok I'm not sure I'm interested in evil multi-nationals treating their contract workers really bad in columbia and killing all the trade unionists, but there you go, that's the price of fizzy water.

My next book is going to be more sedate.
It will be about the history of the book industry in nz. Called 'turning the pages' I hope there's no murders in it.

Upvote 0