What blessing ? What righteousness? shall we receive ?

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved ones, this is what we have heard:
speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

This is the psalm that I speak:
“The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness,
The world and those who dwell therein.

For He has founded it upon the seas,
And established it upon the waters.

Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?
Or who may stand in His holy place?

He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully.

He shall receive blessing from the Lord,
And righteousness from the God of his salvation.

This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him,
Who seek Your face. Selah”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭24:1-6‬ ‭NKJV

Beloved ones, after we have clean hands and a pure heart, and has not lifted our souls to an idol nor sworn deceitfully —
what blessing shall we receive from the Lord ? What righteousness we shall receive from the God of our salvation?

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,”

Beloved ones, after we have clean hands and a pure heart, and has not lifted our souls to an idol nor sworn deceitfully —
what blessing shall we receive from the Lord ? What righteousness we shall receive from the God of our salvation?

The letters were written to specific churches who had no New Testament to read at the time.
They were not written for all eternity to follow. We wouldn't even call them "Baby churches".
They were premie churches formed before the Gospel was barely established.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The letters were written to specific churches who had no New Testament to read at the time.
They were not written for all eternity to follow. We wouldn't even call them "Baby churches".
Beloved one,
How do you know what were written were not written for all eternity to follow ?

For we heard:
“For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Beloved one,
How do you know what were written were not written for all eternity to follow ?

For we heard:
“For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Did any other author back that up? It seems kind of important for just one writer out of 40 people called to write over 1500 years spread.

11 Now the Bereans were more noble-minded than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if these teachings were true.

It doesn't detail what happened if the teachings had no grounding from other writers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

i disagree strongly.

Not only shall we follow the word for all eternity, we shall have life there in forever. For don't you know that our life in Jesus is in the word and through the word preached?

Scripture itself testifies of this when Peter says.

1 Peter 1 :23-25
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For,

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord endures forever.”

And this is the word that was preached to you.

This is the secret of the word preached to us, it is the testimony of the truth in which we can find newness of life.

So in effect the New Testament, just like the Old Testament, is The Spirit Himself speaking to our spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:6-22
We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”
the things God has prepared for those who love him—

these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”

But we have the mind of Christ.

The disciples spoke the mind of Christ, do you really think such is not eternal? It is undervaluing the word big time and speaks of misunderstanding its truths when it comes to the spiritual man.

i will forever build my life on the foundation Jesus Christ Himself lay through His disciples. How do you think you can get to the New Jerusalem without it? She is build on the apostles with Jesus being the corner stone!

However having said that, not dead words on paper, but the living word is what we truly want. Jesus alive in our hearts ruling us through the truths of Scripture and rebuilding us sinners sin free into His Kingdom.

So give me the word any day. True life can be found it.

Peace.

• Agree
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did any other author back that up? It seems kind of important for just one writer out of 40 people called to write over 1500 years spread.
Yes, there is other author back that up. This is what we have heard what apostle
Peter said concerning apostle Paul:

“Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.”
‭‭II Peter‬ ‭3:14-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, there is other author back that up. This is what we have heard what apostle
Peter said concerning apostle Paul:

“Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.”
‭‭II Peter‬ ‭3:14-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Sorry. I meant did any of the other 40 writers over a span of 1500 years duplicate the teachings in question. Some of them seem pretty important to have been left out in the first 1400 years of writings. And does Jesus mention these teachings?

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Beloved ones, after we have clean hands and a pure heart, and has not lifted our souls to an idol nor sworn deceitfully—
what blessing shall we receive from the Lord ? This is what we have heard :

“To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The blessing that we have received that first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless us, in turning away every one of us from our iniquities.

What righteousness we shall receive from the God of our salvation?

This is what we have heard:

“Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:”
‭‭II Peter‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So the righteousness that we shall receive from the God of our salvation is the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ that we have obtained by faith.

To God all glory, praise and thanksgiving. Amen.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you think you can get to the New Jerusalem without it?

Good question. Well, lets see how:

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Psalm 19:1-14
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard. Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy.

Romans 1:20
For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

Amos 5:8
He who made the Pleiades and Orion, and turns deep darkness into the morning and darkens the day into night, who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out on the surface of the earth, the Lord is his name;

Isaiah 40:26
Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.

Psalm 8:3
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,

Psalm 8:1
O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.

Job 38:31-32
“Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades or loose the cords of Orion? Can you lead forth the Mazzaroth in their season, or can you guide the Bear with its children?

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Romans 10:18
But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for “Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.”

Jeremiah 31:35
Thus says the Lord, who gives the sun for light by day and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the Lord of hosts is his name:

Isaiah 40:5
And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

Jeremiah 31:31-34
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 10:16
“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,”

2 Corinthians 3:3
And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Psalm 40:8

I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”

So according to what is written, no writings are required.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”

There you are Loving Truth and Truthfully, such is the power of the words in both the new and the old testament. Your above post proves it as well.

Truth is true yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever! That is what i like of God's truth, not the words describing Him, but He Himself materialising before me, even while reading the text, and living His loving truths within me.

Jesus is Alive! Will resound forever in my heart, as His loving truth beats in my chest. The Living Word that is what we are after, not just ink on paper but Jesus Christ The Word made flesh for us to dine on.

The power of the word will get that unfaithful love out of us in the end. Don't you reckon?

Zechariah 5

I looked again, and there before me was a flying scroll.

He asked me, “What do you see?”

I answered, “I see a flying scroll, twenty cubits long and ten cubits wide.

And he said to me, “This is the curse that is going out over the whole land; for according to what it says on one side, every thief will be banished, and according to what it says on the other, everyone who swears falsely will be banished. The Lord Almighty declares, ‘I will send it out, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of anyone who swears falsely by my name. It will remain in that house and destroy it completely, both its timbers and its stones.’”

Then the angel who was speaking to me came forward and said to me, “Look up and see what is appearing.”

I asked, “What is it?”

He replied, “It is a basket.” And he added, “This is the iniquity of the people throughout the land.”

Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! He said, “This is wickedness,” and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed its lead cover down on it.

Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.

“Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me.

He replied, “To the country of Babylonia to build a house for it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.”

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truth is true yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever!

And my understanding has grown in the last 20 years.
Things improved a lot when I stopped depending on English for Truth.
The English language changes daily. Like how the word "Homosexual"
is a brand new word/meaning not found in the original scriptures.
Just an example. Context is key to the scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And my understanding has grown in the last 20 years.
Things improved a lot when I stopped depending on English for Truth.
The English language changes daily. Like how the word "Homosexual"
is a brand new word/meaning not found in the original scriptures.
Just an example.

Yes i understand contemporary language problems, human language is where the great prostitutes resides, words loaded with meanings not meant by God when He wrote His word are there to lead us astray. Just think about the word love for example, describing real life dwelling within us in a multitude of untrue ways.

What i found to be really valuable is checking the heart when i read the text. The heart response to those words perfectly in tune with the truth living in there, whatever the word uncovers, be it good or bad.

i found that when we love God and seek after Him in Spirit, then translation problems, and word choices, don't matter all that much any more, the living truth exposing our inner darkness that is all that matters.

Like when i say to my wife i love you, she doesn't respond to the meaning of the words i speak, but to the love that carries them, that is how the word works in real life within our hearts. That is the living word every struggling sinner is after The word of God spoken in love for them and all.

Peace.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes i understand contemporary language problems, human language is where the great prostitutes resides, words loaded with meanings not meant by God when He wrote His word are there to lead us astray. Just think about the word love for example, describing real life dwelling within us in a multitude of untrue ways.

What i found to be really valuable is checking the heart when i read the text. The heart response to those words perfectly in tune with the truth living in there, whatever the word uncovers, be it good or bad.

Yes. That's the problem I have with Paul.
He doesn't treat people as Jesus would have.
Context is key to the scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. That's the problem I have with Paul.

What problem would that be? i found the words of Paul to be extremely helpful in my daily battles. Where do you see that there are problems?

So the word speaks untrue when Paul says this in your opinion?

Colossians 1:25
"I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness—"

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What problem would that be? i found the words of Paul to be extremely helpful in my daily battles. Where do you see that there are problems?

So the word speaks untrue when Paul says this in your opinion?

Colossians 1:25
"I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness—"
Paul did not categorize sinners as Jesus did. So that's a fail.
His ranking of sinners is not in line with what he would have learned
had he met Jesus. Context is key.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul did not categorize sinners as Jesus did. So that's a fail.
His ranking of sinners is not correct.

What ranking? How did you come to that conclusion? Romans 1 and 7 are some of the most accurate description of sinners i have found.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What ranking? How did you come to that conclusion? Romans 1 and 7 are some of the most accurate description of sinners i have found.
Accurately describing you? Or just other people who are bad.
Accurately describing your grandmother? Or just drug addicts.
This is what tipped me off to the inaccuracy. This labeling of
sinners as "other people", somehow lower than myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That only happens after judgment. After forgiveness our sin is not eliminated. Rather, forgiven as it exists.
We never have clean hands, rather forgiven ones.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's the "Us" vs "Them " mentality that is a full Fail.

Upvote 0