What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This weekend is a holiday weekend for those of us in America. I'm lucky and get Monday, Memorial Day, off. Who else has that day off? What are your weekend plans? Even if you're not in America, tell us what your plans are for this weekend :clap:

Nathan and I are going back to my hometown to visit my friends and family. My town has an annual festival with hydroplane jet boat races every year on Memorial Day weekend so it should be a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

metherion

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
✟13,623.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am currently visiting a friend I haven't seen in 3 years (and then only a total of twice in the past 6 years) thru Sunday night, and possibly another friend on saturday (we three went to high school together). I'm currently in PA.

Sunday night, I'm going down to DE and seeing some other friends I haven't seen in 9 months, and then Monday I'm going to go visit the rest of the DE gang (we all went to college together and met through various forms of nerdery).

Metherion

Upvote 0

canehdianhotstuff

I pour water into acid, I'm crazy like that.
Dec 29, 2003
Pembroke, ON
✟12,820.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
I am off today, I work 8-5:30pm tomorrow, then tomorrow night I might be going out with a friend when she gets into town. Actually I think she is in town now....hmmm. Sunday I am off work for once. Probably some fishing involved.

Upvote 0

ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My town has an annual festival with hydroplane jet boat races every year on Memorial Day weekend so it should be a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

Awesome! I love boat racing.
I'm playing guitar at a wedding at a very upscale winery. Looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yesterday on KLOVE they were talking about how a lot of Americans just get excited about having an extra day off and we forget that it was a day set aside to remember those who lost their lives in military service.

Soldier%20Ar%20Cem.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am currently visiting a friend I haven't seen in 3 years (and then only a total of twice in the past 6 years) thru Sunday night, and possibly another friend on saturday (we three went to high school together). I'm currently in PA.

Sunday night, I'm going down to DE and seeing some other friends I haven't seen in 9 months, and then Monday I'm going to go visit the rest of the DE gang (we all went to college together and met through various forms of nerdery).

Metherion
That sounds like fun! Various forms of nerdery and all :D You have a busy weekend ahead and lots of friends to see. I'll pray for safe travels for you! Have tons of fun :thumbsup:

I am off today, I work 8-5:30pm tomorrow, then tomorrow night I might be going out with a friend when she gets into town. Actually I think she is in town now....hmmm. Sunday I am off work for once. Probably some fishing involved.
My husband LOVES fishing and I think he would rather being doing that than traveling back to my hometown with me but he's a good hubby and will have fun no matter what we are doing :D

I hope you have fun going out with your friend tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
House cleaning.. and as much nothing as I can get away with.

It's half term though, so we have family and friends around for most the of the week.
The process of cleaning house isn't really ever fun but the end result is wonderful! I love a nice clean house! And doing nothing is good too :D

Clean, workout, do some more exploring, apply for more jobs, maybe watch some tv, and surf the web. And probably finish reading Wicked.
What kind of exploring are you going to do? What sorts of jobs are you applying for? I've been wanting to read Wicked for a while...let me know what you think of it :)

Awesome! I love boat racing.
I'm playing guitar at a wedding at a very upscale winery. Looking forward to it.
The boat race is a lot of fun!!! And weddings are fun too :) I hope you enjoy the upscale winery :D

Today is my mom's birthday and I'll be spending the weekend with her. So I don't know what she'll want to do. Then I'll be going back to home on Monday.
Happy Birthday crispfin's mom!!! :clap: I hope you two have some fun together :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have no plans as usual but that's okay. At least my family will be home for the 3 day weekend. :thumbsup: Then my mom will be out for the summer soon!:cool::thumbsup:
Oooo I loved being 'out for summer' :thumbsup: You should plan a bbq for your family and make some yummy dish that you've never tried before :)

Yesterday on KLOVE they were talking about how a lot of Americans just get excited about having an extra day off and we forget that it was a day set aside to remember those who lost their lives in military service.

Soldier%20Ar%20Cem.jpg
Thank you for that reminder Keri. You (and KLOVE) are so right. The real meaning behind the holidy often times gets lost and we should take time to remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom!

I'll be at a nudist resort chillaxin and swimming. :)
LOL! Pack lots of sunscreen! :D
My weekend plans are about the same. Although, I hope to be meeting my uncle for the first time this week. Not sure what I'm doing on Memorial Day though. If I lived near a National Cemetary, I would go and visit.
That is exciting! Why is that you've never met your uncle before now??? If you don't mind me asking :sorry:

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a birthday dinner with parents and sis tonight

Tomorrow I'm going canoeing with family from NC- we are meeting in the middle though so no one has to drive 8 hours :)

Sunday I will go shopping and treat myself to a new outfit. It's my personal birthday tradition LOL

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
no long weekend here :(

I'm working today, bowling with a friend tonight. running errands tomorrow and working tomorrow night, then church on Sunday.
Sorry you don't have a long weekend :( But bowling sounds fun! You should take some pictures to post in our picture thread. Gotta love some bowling action photos ^_^

cleaning, I'll have some of my nieces and nephews tomorrow, Church on Sunday - don't know what else yet, and parade on Monday (I hate parades, but my brother in law is MC-ing), and then a picnic with the Georgians! Yay! :tutu:
Sounds like a fun weekend. I don't really like parades either - at least not the anticipation of attending them - but once I get there, I get totally caught up in the spirit of it and end up having a good time :)

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have a birthday dinner with parents and sis tonight

Tomorrow I'm going canoeing with family from NC- we are meeting in the middle though so no one has to drive 8 hours :)

Sunday I will go shopping and treat myself to a new outfit. It's my personal birthday tradition LOL
Happy birthday!!! :tutu: What are you having for your birthday dinner? And my husband really wants to buy us a canoe! I've never really ever done a lot of canoeing other than floating around on a small lake. Is it fun? Do you go canoeing often? And I LOVE your personal birthday tradition. Pics of new outfits are always welcome on the boards ;)

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Happy birthday!!! :tutu: What are you having for your birthday dinner? And my husband really wants to buy us a canoe! I've never really ever done a lot of canoeing other than floating around on a small lake. Is it fun? Do you go canoeing often? And I LOVE your personal birthday tradition. Pics of new outfits are always welcome on the boards ;)

I requested burritos for dinner and I heard a rumor going around about an ice cream cake.... :clap:

Canoeing is amazing and it's one of my favorite summer activities. I own a kayak but I prefer canoeing since I go for the social fun not the excersise :D

I never thought about posting a pic of the new outfit... that's more pressure now to find one that makes me look good LOL

Reactions: ulu
Upvote 0