✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey all,
I'm just curious about everyone's thoughts on marriage in Heaven. Do you think we will all be married in Heaven as well? I often wonder this, as I do so many other things. I just have so many questions lol. I would love to still be married to my husband, but who knows... But what are your thoughts on this?

MaraPetra

WARNING! Uncoated observations dispensed here.
Dec 12, 2005
Louisiana
✟15,435.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matt. 22:23-33 answers that question:

23That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24"Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27Finally, the woman died. 28Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"

29Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'[a]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."
33When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

Marriage is an institution of this world, not of heaven. :)

You say you have other questions...I think we'd all be more than happy to help you find answers, if we can.

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only way I can cope with my first husbands death is to know that one day I'll be with him in Heaven. He may not be my husband in the since that he was here on earth, but he will be my mate. He has to be. It just wouldn't be fair for him to be taken away from me both here and in Heaven. God will be our main focus, but I will hopefully be able to worship our God while being with my late husband at the same time. I really can't deal with the thought of not being with him in Heaven, so please don't judge me and come back with mean responses. It may not be so, but it's how I deal with it.

Upvote 0

Addicted2~Jesus

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Texas
✟13,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
DWT

Seeins how there won't be male er female as we know it here an that the church is the bride of Christ an the church body will be married to Jesus, no I don't say we'll be married as we are to our spouse here.

Yeah I agree, you'll know your friends, faimly, an past spouse etc far better then you ever could here on this earth, of course you'll be togeather, an I'll come see you to :) We'll all be togeather... now I know... some of us may not be in *to* big a hurry to meet some folks on CF LOL

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think there will be a literal marriage, but I definitely have a belief that our souls will know and recognize one another, and that the connection we had on earth will only be magnified in the presence of God's glory.

My own personal belief, anyway. :)

Upvote 0

MaraPetra

WARNING! Uncoated observations dispensed here.
Dec 12, 2005
Louisiana
✟15,435.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're right, Heather. I'm sorry, folks, I didn't quote the Scripture to take away from anyone, but to show the Biblical basis of marriage in Heaven.

I firmly believe that while marriage doesn't exist, we will be able to recognize our loved ones. I don't think God would be so cruel as to take that from us.

However, the focus in Heaven will be on the Father and the Son...Imagine worshipping forever with your loved ones!

It's an awesome thought :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

urbanlemur2005

Jun 8, 2005
Bronx, NY
✟507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did say that we would not be "married" to our earthly spouse in heaven but did not elaborate on the state of our relationship to them after this life. However, I believe that we will have a much closer, deeper, more personal relationship with them as we will with Jesus also. Metaphorically speaking, we will be "married" to Jesus, so He will be our primary focus and our worship, praise and love will be directed to Him. Free from the plagues and bonds of sin of this world, we will be able to love more, be closer to and more intimate with Jesus than we are able to now. We will also know a love more wonderful than we can imagine for our loved ones than we know now too. We cannot imagine how beautiful it will all be in this present state of being.

Upvote 0

invisiblebabe

He will restore the years the locust hath eaten
Feb 12, 2004
Second star to the right, and straight on 'til mor
✟20,234.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I too believe we will have special, unique bonds with our earthly spouses, in Heaven. It won't be marriage, but we will be closer without sin and its consequences getting in the way.

We won't be equally close to everyone in Heaven - why would we? God created us with distinct personalities, so it makes sense that people will connect better with some than with others. I do not believe that God will deny anyone human connection though... even the loneliest people here who are believers will end up with intimately close friends in Heaven. :)

That said, it is natural that we would be extremely close with our spouses after this life.

I also believe we will worship through our relationships with each other and through living Life as God created it, not just through "direct" acts of worship... but that is for another post ;)

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I believe that we will all be the Bride of Christ.

But consider this. I think the relationships we have in Heaven will be far greater than any relationships we have here on earth. What I mean to say is, that up in heaven, you will have a closer relationship to some Christian from Mozambique that you never seen before, than the current relationship that you have with your husband or wife right here and now. (I give this just as an example that all Christians will be united in Christ in a far greater bond than anything we can experience here). Isn't that an awesome thought?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ache For Heaven

Oct 23, 2004
✟359.00
Faith
Pentecostal
We are all flawed, none of us are perfect. So the love you have for your spouse now, is flawed and imperfect.
When you get to heaven that love will be perfect and magnified, and you will feel pure and true love for your former spouse.
Do you need marriage to feel and show this kind of love in heaven?

I don't think so. :)

Upvote 0