What are your thoughts on these scriptures?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hebrews 8:7-10 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 9 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
While these verses say that God found fait with the first covenant, it does not say that God found fault in His side of the covenant with His law or with the fact that it was not given for the purpose of making us righteous, but rather it says that God says that God found fault with the people for not continuing in His covenant,
The former regulation (Mosaic law) is set aside because it was weak and useless (Hebrews 7:18), weakened by the sinful nature (Romans 8:3).

The fact that it was replaced shows that it is inferior (Hebrews 8:7), as in the Levitical priesthood is shown to be inferior because it was replaced by the order of Melchizedek (Hebrews 7:11).

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While these verses say that God found fait with the first covenant, it does not say that God found fault in His side of the covenant with His law or with the fact .

The 1st Covenant is replaced by the 2nd.
If you can't understand "replaced", then its unlikely that you'll every understand the Cross.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The 1st Covenant is replaced by the 2nd.
If you can't understand "replaced", then its unlikely that you'll every understand the Cross.

I agree that we are under the New Covenant and not under the Mosaic Covenant, though we are nevertheless still under the same God with the same nature and therefore the same laws for how to act in accordance with His nature. In Titus 2:14, it doesn't say that Jesus gave himself to free us from any laws or to purify a people for himself who reject God's laws for how to do good works, but that he gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that we are under the New Covenant and not under the Mosaic Covenant, though we are nevertheless still under the same God with the same nature and therefore the same laws

You are confusing a covenant that has been replaced with the Holiness of God.

The law and commandments, are given to humans, to show you your unrighteousness, so that you can make a decision to accept God's Righteousness as your Salvation or not.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

What are your thoughts about Christ being the end of the law for righteousness? What does that mean for us as believers in Christ?
The word through Christ in our hearts and mouths is the Faith in which we preach. In this is the end of the Law (on tables of Stone and parchment) for righteousness to everyone who believes.

So what is the word through Christ that is in our hearts that is the faith in which we preach?

It is the Law and more, for God has said He would put His laws into our hearts and minds.

And again He saith, hearken unto the voice of the Lord, keep His commandments and Statutes contained in the Book of the Law for this is not hidden from us or far off but in our hearts and mouths that we may do it through His Spirit.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Deut 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
Deut 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
T

So what is the word through Christ that is in our hearts that is the faith in which we preach?
It is the Law and more,

You just taught that the Gospel of the Grace of God, which is "the faith (in Christ) that we preach" John 3:16, or the "preaching of the Cross", as God's offer to the world of reconciliation to himself by forgiveness of sin, is.....keeping..'""""law and commandments."""""

You just exchanged the Cross of Christ for Moses Law and commandments as your legalist theology or gospel of works.
Galatians 1:8

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for sharing, Him.

1 John 4:21

And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.
Just so we are clear you think that verse makes this post not true?
The word through Christ in our hearts and mouths is the Faith in which we preach. In this is the end of the Law (on tables of Stone and parchment) for righteousness to everyone who believes.

It is the Law and more, for God has said He would put His laws into our hearts and minds.

And again He saith, hearken unto the voice of the Lord, keep His commandments and Statutes contained in the Book of the Law for this is not hidden from us or far off but in our hearts and mouths that we may do it through His Spirit.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Deut 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
Deut 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You just taught that the Gospel of the Grace of God, which is "the faith (in Christ) that we preach" John 3:16, or the "preaching of the Cross", as God's offer to the world of reconciliation to himself by forgiveness of sin, is.....keeping..'""""law and commandments."""""

You just exchanged the Cross of Christ for Moses Law and commandments as your legalist theology or gospel of works.
Nothing of what you say is within those passages.
Prove the post wrong within the passages given.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for sharing, Him.

1 John 4:21

And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.
So what Law, Word is in the heart through Christ?

The Royal, the Law of Liberty, the whole Law, in which we will be judged by.

James explicitly states what laws are in those whom hear God.

Let us not be tempted, drawn away by our own Lust, bringing forth sin unto death. For every good gift and perfect gift cometh down from the Father of lights, us. We are Begotten by the word of truth, receive with meekness the engrafted word, the PERFECT gift.

Being Begotten of the word Be doers of the engrafted word not hearers only deceiving ourselves. For we are Begotten so don't forget who we are when Looking into a mirror at the perfect law of Liberty who we now are, the engrafted word and continue therein when we goeth our way.

Be a doer of the work and we will be blessed in the deeds. Being Begotten with the engrafted Word, The Royal Law, the Whole Law, the Law of Liberty in which we will be judged.

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Jas 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Jas 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Jas 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jas 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Jas 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Jas 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
Jas 2:2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
Jas 2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
Jas 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
Jas 2:6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
Jas 2:7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
Jas 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
Jas 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Jas 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
Jas 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I didnt say the "passages" were the issue.

I said this....

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didnt say the "passages" were the issue.

I said this....

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems you know full well what is true, @HIM.
Condescending or not?
If something was shared that is incorrect please show. I will recant and give glory to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. Not being condescending.

@HIM are you okay this morning friend?
Yes thank you. How about you?
I need to get motivated and get up. I have not even made breakfast yet and I have been up since 3 lol.

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please go and get something to eat friend.

You know thinking about this earlier; sometimes people can tend to be a little cranky when they first wake up. It is always good to get at least 20 minutes alone in prayer to God in thankfulness, and pray for others before getting up or getting on anything that might make a person easily annoyed. (Not saying you are annoyed, or angry it was just a thought that came into my head).

Been up a long with you about 2:30 am here as well. My breakfast has been some animal crackers lol, need to go by the grocery store sometime and get some eggs, bacon, and sausage, bread.

Here just waiting for 10:00 am to go and maybe eat some where out with my mother for lunch.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please go and get something to eat friend.

You know thinking about this earlier; sometimes people can tend to be a little cranky when they first wake up. It is always good to get at least 20 minutes alone in prayer to God in thankfulness, and pray for others before getting up or getting on anything that might make a person easily annoyed. (Not saying you are annoyed, or angry it was just a thought that came into my head).

Been up a long with you about 2:30 am here as well. My breakfast has been some animal crackers lol, need to go by the grocery store sometime and get some eggs, bacon, and sausage, bread.

Here just waiting for 10:00 am to go and maybe eat some where out with my mother for lunch.
My wife just left for the store.
Lunch with mom sounds wonderful. I am guessing you are EST. I live in Alabama in CST. Basically 1/4 til nine presently. Raining at the moment so after breakfast me and the wife when she gets back will work on the inside of the House.

Reactions: GallagherM
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You are confusing a covenant that has been replaced with the Holiness of God.

The law and commandments, are given to humans, to show you your unrighteousness, so that you can make a decision to accept God's Righteousness as your Salvation or not.

The Mosaic Covenant is not God's holiness, but rather it teaches us to testify about God's eternal holiness. In 1 Peter 1:16, we are told to be holy for God is holy, which is a quote from Leviticus where God was giving instructions for how to testify about His eternal holiness, and the only way to abolish those instructions would be to first abolish God's eternal holiness.

If you can't quote where the Bible says that the law was given to show us our unrighteousness, then you are just spreading your own personal doctrine that has no connection to the Bible. Jesus expressed God's righteousness through his actions by living in obedience to the Mosaic Law, so us choosing to live in obedience to it through faith is what it means to accept God's righteousness as our salvation. Our salvation is from sin and sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so living in obedience to God's law through faith is itself the content of God's gift of salvation in saving us from living in disobedience to God's law.

Upvote 0