South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

What are your thoughts on Rev. Ike? Is he a real "full-fledged" man of God in your eyes? Lately, I have been feeling kind of down and I am now worried. The truth is, I have no clue on how to spot someone who is not a true prophet of God. Would he IYO, be considered a true prophet? By the way, I remember he used to air late Sunday night at the local station back when I was a kid. I recall that like Ernest Ainsley, he too was a very popular teacher back in the 80s. My grandmother used to love to watch Rev. Ike and my mom would watch him as well. I don't remember any of his sermons per se, but what I have seen of it doesn't seem right to me. He reminds me of Creflo Dollar and other rich preachers, so there is or seems to be something not right about him. That is just my sixth sense. Should I trust my sixth sense or is it much ado about nothing? I hope that I have not disrespected the dead as he passed away not too long ago.

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

What are your thoughts on Rev. Ike? Is he a real "full-fledged" man of God in your eyes? Lately, I have been feeling kind of down and I am now worried. The truth is, I have no clue on how to spot someone who is not a true prophet of God. Would he IYO, be considered a true prophet? By the way, I remember he used to air late Sunday night at the local station back when I was a kid. I recall that like Ernest Ainsley, he too was a very popular teacher back in the 80s. My grandmother used to love to watch Rev. Ike and my mom would watch him as well. I don't remember any of his sermons per se, but what I have seen of it doesn't seem right to me. He reminds me of Creflo Dollar and other rich preachers, so there is or seems to be something not right about him. That is just my sixth sense. Should I trust my sixth sense or is it much ado about nothing? I hope that I have not disrespected the dead as he passed away not too long ago.
He was a religious huckster.

If you want to know how to decide whether any preacher is a true man of God I will give it to you according to the Lord.

(Mat 7:15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

(Mat 7:16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

(Mat 7:17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

(Mat 7:18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

(Mat 7:19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

(Mat 7:20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The Lord tells us here that you will know a false prophet by his fruit. Now if we look back at verse 15 where he says that they come to you in sheep's clothing what He is telling us is that they look and act just like sheep. In fact they are probably more "holy" than any of us are. Still we can't tell them by how they act or what they look like so thier fruit must be something more than this.

In fact the fruit of a preacher is what he says. You judge a prophet by what he says. If he is a true man of God he will always point you to Christ alone and never to yourself. He will not seek your money for if the Lord is with him He will take care of all his needs. A true preacher called and gifted of God will always and continually show you the things of Christ and everything he teaches will be in the context of Christ and His Gospel.

If a man points you to look at yourself or to yourself in any way he is not a man of God but a man called preacher. He may have a doctorate in theology or ministry but it is a of man not of God.

Upvote 0