Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not to get too personal, but there is like, many different kinds of beliefs and worldviews in the world today and I was wondering what it was that you believed, personally.

There are over 4,200 religions in the world and I have logically concluded that all paths do not, in fact, lead to GOD as GOD is perfect and immutable and He would not make so many religions that contradict one another. GOD cannot contradict Himself. Therefore, logically speaking, He in fact made only one True Faith, that being Christianity, and that Jesus is, in fact, the only way to GOD as said in the Bible because GOD cannot be a hypocrite nor can He make contradictions since he is a perfect Being.

I am thinking logically here. If GOD is in fact perfect, why on earth would he make 4,200 individual paths to Him, all of which in their doctrines and Holy books contradict one another? It does not make sense.

I have myself challenged some worldviews and have formed ones of my own.

I have believed that...

1. There is a God, a Supreme Being that created mankind, that He exists
2. That Jesus Christ is the Son of God, as said in the Bible
3. That there is an afterlife
4. That unbelievers are going to Hell when they die, making them almost crazy because they are throwing away their eternity by not having faith in Jesus while they are still alive. (Trust me, you DO NOT want to go to Hell. Hell is NOT a fun place like so many people think it is, these people are spiritually blind and they do not know what they are talking about. Hell is actually a very horrible place, full of pain and suffering. It would be wise to believe in Jesus now while you still have life left in you than to go to Hell and regret it later. Because you will regret it, trust me.)
5. That Jesus is the only way to Heaven
6. That when people die, they become ghosts just as the Holy Spirit Himself is a Ghost
7. That death is a transition from this life to the next, not an actual ending of existence. Therefore people get two lives and not just one like atheists believe.
8. I believe in ghosts/spirits, that they do indeed exist.
9. I believe that Hell exists, but that it is a real place somewhere in the afterlife and that Heaven and Hell are not in fact on this earth like so many people think that they are. Heaven is also real, but it is in the afterlife as well.

I have rejected the Atheist/Agnostic worldview, so if you are one of these, don't bother trying to debate me, I am firm in what I believe, based upon my own life's experiences, thank you very much.

I have had a strange life which has led me to logically conclude that yes, the supernatural does indeed exist and it has been active in my life on several occasions. I have felt things entering and controlling my body which has led me to conclude that demons do exist as well, that they can enter into and control people's bodies, as it says in the Bible, proving that Scripture is indeed true and not false like so many unbelievers think that it is.

You can call me a Bible thumper, because that is what I am, and I am very proud of my Christian heritage. I know that some people are ashamed of the Bible and Christianity, but I am not one of those people. I am actually very proud to be a Christian. :) I was raised in the church, and I am proud to come to believe...finally.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Servant68

Deniea

Nov 24, 2017
Varna
✟1,954.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. God is only one.
2. God is the only source of life.
3. God is immortal.
4. Human's soul is immortal.
5. People are instantly resurrected after they die on heaven or hell with spiritual body.
6. In hell you can serve Satan permanently or have temporary pain and go to heaven after punishment finish.
7. God created all religions.

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I believe that:

The Nicene Creed is accurate.
The first five ecumenical counsels are accurate.
The five points of Calvinism are accurate.
The Scriptures are inerrant and infallible.
The vast majority of predictive prophecy has been fulfilled (including most of the book of Revelation).

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi jacqueline,

Hopefully what I believe will be pretty simple and easy for all to understand. That doesn't mean to infer that understanding equates to agreement.

1. I believe that there is a God and that He is represented to us in truth within the Scriptures delivered to us through Israel.

2. I believe that He created all that exists in both this realm and the angelic realm and the heavenly realm. That there is nothing that exists that God didn't make.

3. I believe that Jesus is His Son and he was sent to us from God as not only the appropriate sacrifice for our sin, but also to give us a true testimony of his Father and God.

4. I believe that what we are told within the Scriptures is the truth in all things of which it covers. Who God is. What God has done. What God expects of us. How this is all going to end up.

5. Lastly, I believe that if anyone will humble themselves and seek, through Jesus blood, the forgiveness of their sin and repent and strive then to lead the life that God examples for us, that person will be saved on the day of God's judgment.

I think that about covers everything.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not to get too personal, but there is like, many different kinds of beliefs and worldviews in the world today and I was wondering what it was that you believed, personally.

There are over 4,200 religions in the world and I have logically concluded that all paths do not, in fact, lead to GOD as GOD is perfect and immutable and He would not make so many religions that contradict one another. GOD cannot contradict Himself. Therefore, logically speaking, He in fact made only one True Faith, that being Christianity, and that Jesus is, in fact, the only way to GOD as said in the Bible because GOD cannot be a hypocrite nor can He make contradictions since he is a perfect Being.

I am thinking logically here. If GOD is in fact perfect, why on earth would he make 4,200 individual paths to Him, all of which in their doctrines and Holy books contradict one another? It does not make sense.

I have believed that...

4. That unbelievers are going to Hell when they die, making them almost crazy because they are throwing away their eternity by not having faith in Jesus while they are still alive. (Trust me, you DO NOT want to go to Hell. Hell is NOT a fun place like so many people think it is, these people are spiritually blind and they do not know what they are talking about. Hell is actually a very horrible place, full of pain and suffering. It would be wise to believe in Jesus now while you still have life left in you than to go to Hell and regret it later. Because you will regret it, trust me.)
6. That when people die, they become ghosts just as the Holy Spirit Himself is a Ghost
7. That death is a transition from this life to the next, not an actual ending of existence. Therefore people get two lives and not just one like atheists believe.
9. I believe that Hell exists, but that it is a real place somewhere in the afterlife and that Heaven and Hell are not in fact on this earth like so many people think that they are. Heaven is also real, but it is in the afterlife as well.

I have rejected the Atheist/Agnostic worldview, so if you are one of these, don't bother trying to debate me, I am firm in what I believe, based upon my own life's experiences, thank you very much.

I have had a strange life which has led me to logically conclude that yes, the supernatural does indeed exist and it has been active in my life on several occasions. I have felt things entering and controlling my body which has led me to conclude that demons do exist as well, that they can enter into and control people's bodies, as it says in the Bible, proving that Scripture is indeed true and not false like so many unbelievers think that it is.

You can call me a Bible thumper, because that is what I am, and I am very proud of my Christian heritage. I know that some people are ashamed of the Bible and Christianity, but I am not one of those people. I am actually very proud to be a Christian. :) I was raised in the church, and I am proud to come to believe...finally.

Long before printed Bibles that people could own and have at home, Christians were able to widely agree on what they saw as the central beliefs of Christianity --

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell.
On the third day He rose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
From thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.

(The Apostles' Creed)

---------------
my own notes:
"catholic" here means universal, all believers regardless of our further labels.
As I think of it, the "communion of saints" refers to the reality that all Christians living and dead are together in union as the Body of Christ, that both those passed on and the living are therefore in communion.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I have believed that...

Genesis 1 - 1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Matthew 3 - 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son with whom I am well pleased.

Colossians 1 - 16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

”3. That there is an afterlife

John 3 - 16 “For God so loved the world,i that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

See below

John 3 - 16 “For God so loved the world,i that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 Thessalonians - According to the Lord's word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.

Ecclesiastics - 5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten. 6 Their love and their hate and their envy have already perished, and forever they have no more share in all that is done under the sun.

1 Thessalonians - 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

Luke 4 - 41 And demons also came out of many, crying, “You are the Son of God!” But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew that he was the Christ.

Matthew 8 - 28 And when he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way. 29 And behold, they cried out, “What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?” 30 Now a herd of many pigs was feeding at some distance from them. 31 And the demons begged him, saying, “If you cast us out, send us away into the herd of pigs.” 32 And he said to them, “Go.” So they came out and went into the pigs, and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned in the waters.

Matthew 23 -
9And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

Revelation 20 - 6 Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison …

Revelation 20 - 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Revelation 20 - 9 And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them,

Psalm 145 - 20 The LORD preserves all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.

Malachi 4 - 3 And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the LORD of hosts.

2n Peter 3 - 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

Revelation 14 -

11And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever ...

Revelation 21 - 1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more

Revelation 21 - 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

Revelation 21 - 5 And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” 6 And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God is not the author of confusion. There is a duality within we are all born into this world with, (Romans 7) the carnal man and the spirit...only one of those bring confusion of face. The other reveals truth, peace and love of God. Each is born with a measure of faith..."faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" as it relates to our journey of soul/process taking place within to the revealing (by spirit) the Truth that we are, a son (no gender implied)...just as Jesus, the firstborn among many brethren.

To seek in spirit and in truth brings forth HIS truth, mind of man forms an image of what he thinks/perceives God to be which is in fact an idol. The truth of God becomes an open door to heaven. The flip side of the same coin, truth cast down becomes a bottomless pit with serpents that bite. God promises the evil/wicked one cannot touch you...which has everything to do with obeying the first commandment given in the garden, "Thou shalt not eat..."

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He in fact made only one True Faith, that being Christianity,
And true Christianity is not only a group of correct beliefs and practices. But in us our Heavenly Father is changing us to be more and more intimate with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17), by changing us to become more and more like His Son (Romans 8:29) who is so pleasing to Him and intimate with Him and submissive always to doing His will. So, how we become in our nature, in God's love (1 John 4:17), is essential > Hebrews 12:7-11.

I note how in His Sermon on the Mount Jesus starts off with the Beatitudes, and the very first thing Jesus talks about is how to be. And four of the Beatitudes are about how we are "blessed" to be. I understand this means how God's love has our character becoming more and more like Jesus.

And with growing in God's love, of course, come the beneficial beliefs and works of love, in personal sharing with God in us > Philippians 2:13 < so, Christianity includes how God is working in each of us personally, in our willing and our doing. So, this is deeper than words and actions of our reputation with humans in this world :)

Jesus is, in fact, the only way to GOD
yes > John 14:6

Jesus is God's very own Son, so delighting and pleasing to our Heavenly Father. So, only Jesus could on the cross please God enough to forgive us all. On the cross only Jesus could be "a sweet-smelling aroma" for us > Ephesians 5:2. Only Jesus is pleasing enough to be our propitiation >

"And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world." (1 John 2:2)

And now Jesus "makes intercession for us." (in Romans 8:34) Jesus now is praying for us according to His own faith; this is why things go better than we hope in our praying! :) So, Christianity is not just a religion of how humans can pray and try to get things for themselves. Jesus is praying with all-loving love. Things work out for love of any and all people, not only for our own selves and ones special to us.

"if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" Jesus says in Matthew 5:46.

And Jesus is growing in us as our new inner Person > Galatians 4:19. In us, Jesus shares with us how He is pleasing to and submissive to our Father, and how Jesus loves any and all people while having us sharing as His family with one another >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

So, Jesus growing in us is our only way to become pleasing to our Father, and to become how we need to be as new persons, and to relate as family in real love while also caring with hope for any and all other humans . . . like how Jesus on the cross so suffered and died with hope for any evil person, at all > Ephesians 5:2 < love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7).

So, instead of only or mainly commending ourselves in comparison with the ideas and practices of other people (2 Corinthians 10:12), how are we in comparison with God's Son Jesus?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I have believed that...

9. I believe that Hell exists, but that it is a real place somewhere in the afterlife and that Heaven and Hell are not in fact on this earth like so many people think that they are. Heaven is also real, but it is in the afterlife as well..
Hi. It sounds like you think your views (or a number of them) are out of the norm, but really, they're very mainstream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I believe in one God, Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages;

Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not created, of one essence with the Father through Whom all things were made.

Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man.

He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried;

And He rose on the third day, according to the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father;

And He will come again with glory to judge the living and dead. His kingdom shall have no end.

And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Creator of life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke through the prophets.

In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.
Amen.

Upvote 0