What Are Your Memories of Sesame Street?

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Amazing Mumfort (sp?)
"ala peanutbutter sandwiches"

Now that I have a little boy I have watched seasme street lately and I hate it. It seems to be all rushed on their story lines just to have the last 15-20 minutes just for elmo. I find that the new ones are not as educational as it was when we were growing up. I am so happy that I can now get the old episodes on dvd for my son to watch.
Elmo's World gets on my nerves. I mean really...every single show???? I would never have had the attention span for that.

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2006
Northern Colorado
✟15,144.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ernie rocked. I always thought Bert was a jerk.

There was a really cool stop-action film of a building being built, including cement being poured.

There was also this dumb song about, "Hey cow! I see you now!" sung by some folkster on an acoustic guitar. I guess when you get off psychedelics and start making kids shows, there's gonna be some cross over.

Upvote 0

RavenRift

My chains are gone... I've been set free....
Jul 29, 2006
PA
✟40,646.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh - I remember... how about that little girl who yelled.. MMMMMMM Marvelous Martha and then she did that spastic spin...

And the Lower Case "n" song - like on the hill alone - or something.... always made me sad....

and the space aliens who always said... yip yip yip yip yip yip - uh huh - uh huh.. with the phone that they would never pick up... Brrrrrrring..... brrrring^_^

Great Stuff!

Upvote 0

edenvegan

Oldie but goodie
Sep 14, 2003
Southern California
Visit site
✟7,911.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A clip of a cowdog at work on a farm. There was a song in the background: "I'm a dog, I'm a workin' dog, I'm a hard workin' dog."
Oh my gosh! I haven't thought about that in years. I remember the dog herding some cattle. Guess that stuff stays with you for years!

Upvote 0

edenvegan

Oldie but goodie
Sep 14, 2003
Southern California
Visit site
✟7,911.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I also remember these alien-looking creatures who had horns for noses. They would honk them when they were happy and stuff. The Honker Family maybe?

I also thought Oscar really had another world hidden beneath his trashcan. (I was so young and naive.)

Upvote 0

RavenRift

My chains are gone... I've been set free....
Jul 29, 2006
PA
✟40,646.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I also remember these alien-looking creatures who had horns for noses. They would honk them when they were happy and stuff. The Honker Family maybe?

I also thought Oscar really had another world hidden beneath his trashcan. (I was so young and naive.)
He did - didn't you see grouchland the movie! my kids LOVED it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Savedthroughfaith

Feb 1, 2006
✟18,700.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rubber ducky.
And yes, the crazy pin ball machine - "one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, tweeeelllvvee..."

Do you know that a lot of the same people that we watched on sesame are still on there? Maria, Gordon....It's weird...I don't know how old they were back then but they must be pretty old now and they really don't look too much different.

Upvote 0