• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What Are Your Memories of Sesame Street?

Discussion in 'MILLENNIALS (1981 to 1998)' started by HeyHomie, Oct 30, 2006.

1. HeyHomie

HeyHomie Senior Veteran

+218
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    I grew up watching Sesame Street. In fact, the PBS station in my community was broke so all they could afford to show during the day was reruns of SS, five hours at a time. Because of this over-saturation (and plenty of help from MommaHomie), I entered kindergarden knowing how to read.

Here are some other thoughts:

The whole urban/diversity thing that they were focusing on sometimes didn't translate very well in white-bread central Illinois, where I grew up. I remember I used to get extremely annoyed when they would show clips in Spanish. Neither I nor any kids in my city (at the time) spoke a word of Spanish.

I also remember the deaf woman (Linda). There was an episode when she spoke, and to my wee little ears her speaking sounded more like someone moaning & screaming. I was scared and turned the TV off! :eek:

Here are some clips to get you in the mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVjNX73l858

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf7uo9UTa2I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YcBVEnLT8

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. WannaWitness

WannaWitness Shining God's Light for a Lost World.

+4,447
    Christian
    US-Others
    Who could forget.... uh.... Forgetful Jones!?

3. The-Doctor

The-Doctor Man with a scarf

+243
    Christian
    Married
    I loved Grover the creature who lived in a dustbin. That and Count...who counted everything...even the phone rings.

4. faithgoeson

faithgoeson Senior Member

+12
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I remember Mr. Hooper when he was alive, and I remember when he died. I was little bity back then. I remember Big Bird crying. Very sad.
    Then there's that stupid song that will go through your head a million times..

onetwothree fourfive sixseveneightnineten eleventweeeeeeeeeeeeeeelve

5. radhead

radhead Contributor

+559
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    A clip of a cowdog at work on a farm. There was a song in the background: "I'm a dog, I'm a workin' dog, I'm a hard workin' dog."

6. CarolinaMom

CarolinaMom Daughter of a KING!

+196
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Oh yes, even then I realized the Count had OCD! ^_^

I remember how aggravated I would get at the Cookie Monster!

7. RavenRift

RavenRift My chains are gone... I've been set free....

+4,086
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Republican
    The Adventures of SuperGrover - and he always would say something like "and I am cute too..." And that poor man who he always wanted to help who never needed his help... :D

8. Princess Pea

Princess Pea In search of silver linings

+161
    Christian
    We all live in a capital I - in the middle of the desert, in the center of the sky ...

That little guy who said the alphabet with Grover: A B C D E F Cookiemonster ...

"Hi ho - Kermit the frog here" doing his breaking news reporter act ...

I could go on all night. :D AND ... evidently DVDs of "vintage Sesame Street" are soon to be released, if they haven't been already! :clap: I'm seriously thinking of snapping them up so I can show my nieces and nephews what the real Sesame Street was like - you know, before that annoying little red guy took over the place ...

9. ComesoonmyLORD

ComesoonmyLORD I've been delivered and Redeemed!

+13
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Cookie Monster ruled!!!!

10. AngelAmidala

AngelAmidala Legend

+617
    Methodist
    Single
    My sister and I both loved Sesame Street.

Though I have to say our biggest memory of the show was never getting to watch the entire Christmas Eve special they ran every year. We would get to watch a few minutes of it...then our parents whisked us off to a family Christmas Eve party. It wasn't until they put the show on DVD that we were able to see the whole thing....many years later. :D

11. BeachBlonde

BeachBlonde The Hug Reaper is here!

+787
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Cookie Monster! My fave still today,and I too remember Mr Hooper.

12. imawebmonkey

imawebmonkey Now using profile name seeking peace

+72
    Christian
    Private
    Super Grover and Ernie were my favorite characters.

13. Gidgx

Gidgx Truth Seeker Supporter

+687
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    cookie monster and bert and ernie were mine

14. Thankful75

Thankful75 ~ pressing on ~

+1,240
    Non-Denom
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Mr Snuffleupagus was my favorite, but I also like Oscar the grouch :)

15. faithgoeson

+12
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Another great one---Put down the duckie if you wanna play the saxophone...

16. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Happy Memorial Day 2020

+9,674
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    Love Big Bird and Snufflovges or however you spell the name!

17. beehoney

beehoney Pressing toward the mark

+654
    Christian
    Married
    You mean Oscar the Grouch. He lived in the garbage and he was one of my favourite.

18. Angieh

Angieh Regular Member

+50
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    The Count!!!

19. hairettic

hairettic Senior Veteran

+357
    Christian
    Married
    Ohhh I soo loved Snuffie....

A few years ago I made friends with a new girl in town. No one else had met her or knew who she was...and it stayed that way for almost a year. She was my very own Snuffie. She was in a long distance relationship and when they finally set a date, I threw her a shower and invited everyone to come meet Snuffelupagus! It worked out really well. Had posters of Snuffie and him on top of her cake and everything.

and we all sang...
    onetwothreefourfive sixseveneightnineten eleven tweeeeeeeelve

20. faithgoeson

+12
    Pentecostal
    Married
    lol I just got that song out of my head, now it's back. Thanks. lol