What are your job duties in the Temple of God?

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The reality is explained very well in Hebrews 8 and Hebrews 10. Where the writer describes the ‘old’ covenant as opposed to the ‘new’.

In the description he points out that in order for the high priest to enter the most holy place in the second inner tent he had to have blood. This was accomplished as the other priests processed the sacrifices within the first outer tent. AFTER the sacrifices are finished in the first outer part of the tent, blood is given to the high priest to enter into the second inner part of the tent, and this only once a year.

The point is, when the priests have finished sacrificing and collecting the blood they have completed their job. The priests stop processing sacrifices and collection of the blood, and gives it to the high priest who then takes the blood and enters the most holy place to cleanse it.

At that time the priests in the first outer part of the tent have STOPPED from their sacrifices and offerings and collection of blood for the high priest. Meaning, as the high priest is in the most holy place cleaning it with the needed offering of blood, the other priests have STOPPED doing anything in the outer court. There job is complete. They have fulfilled their duties.

Yeshua has entered the most holy place not built by hands, with his blood as an offering for our sins. And much to some of the other priests surprise he hasn’t come back out, yet. And some seem to think he has died up/in there, and have started to re institute the sacrifices of the Law for righteousness sake. As if this shows love for God!

What do you think will happen when Yeshua comes back out of the most holy place? And finds his so called children attempting to operate the functions of the first outer court? And making a mockery of his own Work. Don’t you think he is going to take those tablets and smash them down on the ground and slay them with the wrath of his (second) coming? As he consecrates those who will stand for the Word of God, Yeshua? Does not the very book of the law condemn those already who have not believed in the declarations of the Lord?

By the blood of the lamb Yeshua has made his way back into the most holy place in heaven. He has not returned from his work inside/up there. But he has declared that whoever believes that he is King of Yisrael, God in the flesh, who has come and offered his own blood and has entered the holiest of hollies, will enter into the covenant which is ratified and commenced, and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit to dwell inside us forever.

Yeshua declared that we are to believe in Him, who he is, what he did, what he is doing, and what he will do. When he comes back out of the heavenly tabernacle what is he expecting to find? His children resacrificing the blood of animals in the earthly tent for his acceptance?

Or will he come back, find those who call him Lord but do not know him, gather them into a bundle and burn them with the rest of the unbelievers? And then find those who he called to ‘believe and rest in Him’, and gather his anointed into their Land.

We are the temple of God, because Yeshua has gifted us with the Holy Spirit to dwell in us forever. Our job duty, first and foremost is to believe in Yeshua, then let him live through us by the power of the Holy Spirit, who does the works of God in our heart and our life. And when he comes back we will recognize him because we will have known him intimately through the Spirit. Not through works of the law that he gave us rest from.

What ministry is working in your heart? Works of the Law, or works of the Spirit? And which can bring you life, eternal?

John 6
63 It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.

Romans 8
11 But if the Spirit of him who raised up Yeshua from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Messiah Yeshua from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.​

It is the LAW who gives life. The words I speak to you are LAW, and are life...

But if the LAW of him who raised up Yeshua from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Messiah Yeshua from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his LAW who dwells in you.............. said no disciple of Yeshua, ever!

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
The reality is explained very well in Hebrews 8 and Hebrews 10. Where the writer describes the ‘old’ covenant as opposed to the ‘new’.

In the description he points out that in order for the high priest to enter the most holy place in the second inner tent he had to have blood. This was accomplished as the other priests processed the sacrifices within the first outer tent. AFTER the sacrifices are finished in the first outer part of the tent, blood is given to the high priest to enter into the second inner part of the tent, and this only once a year.

The point is, when the priests have finished sacrificing and collecting the blood they have completed their job. The priests stop processing sacrifices and collection of the blood, and gives it to the high priest who then takes the blood and enters the most holy place to cleanse it.

At that time the priests in the first outer part of the tent have STOPPED from their sacrifices and offerings and collection of blood for the high priest. Meaning, as the high priest is in the most holy place cleaning it with the needed offering of blood, the other priests have STOPPED doing anything in the outer court. There job is complete. They have fulfilled their duties.

Yeshua has entered the most holy place not built by hands, with his blood as an offering for our sins. And much to some of the other priests surprise he hasn’t come back out, yet. And some seem to think he has died up/in there, and have started to re institute the sacrifices of the Law for righteousness sake. As if this shows love for God!

What do you think will happen when Yeshua comes back out of the most holy place? And finds his so called children attempting to operate the functions of the first outer court? And making a mockery of his own Work. Don’t you think he is going to take those tablets and smash them down on the ground and slay them with the wrath of his (second) coming? As he consecrates those who will stand for the Word of God, Yeshua? Does not the very book of the law condemn those already who have not believed in the declarations of the Lord?

By the blood of the lamb Yeshua has made his way back into the most holy place in heaven. He has not returned from his work inside/up there. But he has declared that whoever believes that he is King of Yisrael, God in the flesh, who has come and offered his own blood and has entered the holiest of hollies, will enter into the covenant which is ratified and commenced, and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit to dwell inside us forever.

Yeshua declared that we are to believe in Him, who he is, what he did, what he is doing, and what he will do. When he comes back out of the heavenly tabernacle what is he expecting to find? His children resacrificing the blood of animals in the earthly tent for his acceptance?

Or will he come back, find those who call him Lord but do not know him, gather them into a bundle and burn them with the rest of the unbelievers? And then find those who he called to ‘believe and rest in Him’, and gather his anointed into their Land.

We are the temple of God, because Yeshua has gifted us with the Holy Spirit to dwell in us forever. Our job duty, first and foremost is to believe in Yeshua, then let him live through us by the power of the Holy Spirit, who does the works of God in our heart and our life. And when he comes back we will recognize him because we will have known him intimately through the Spirit. Not through works of the law that he gave us rest from.

What ministry is working in your heart? Works of the Law, or works of the Spirit? And which can bring you life, eternal?

John 6
63 It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.

Romans 8
11 But if the Spirit of him who raised up Yeshua from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Messiah Yeshua from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.​

But if the LAW of him who raised up Yeshua from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Messiah Yeshua from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his LAW who dwells in you.............. said no disciple of Yeshua, ever!
I am retired, so I spend part of each Monday helping a fellow do maintenance chores in, and around, my church.

Reactions: Shimshon
Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Seizing and dashing Babylon's children against the Rock (Ps. 137) and killing the sinners of the earth early in the morning (Ps. 101).
Nobody is curious to know?

Babylon's children are the evil thoughts that the demons whisper and our bad habits spring up in our heart. Whoever is vigilant, invokes Christ's help and He, being the Rock of our faith crashes them to dust. Likewise, sinners of the earth are the evil desires and pleasures of our body (the earth, obviously!). This is similar to: "Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry (Col. 3:5). When the Sun of Righteousness rises in our heart (the morning) we are again able with His assistance to put all of these to death.

Whoever succeeds, with God's help always, in resting from sinning in action, truly celebrates the weekly (of the days) Sabbath.

Whoever is able to stop consenting to evil thoughts, also keeps the Sabbath of the weeks.

Whoever completely eradicates the desire to sin as well, is celebrating the yearly Sabbath.

As for Jubilee, that is the condition of the perfect.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What do you think will happen when Yeshua comes back out of the most holy place? And finds his so called children attempting to operate the functions of the first outer court? And making a mockery of his own Work. Don’t you think he is going to take those tablets and smash them down on the ground and slay them with the wrath of his (second) coming?

Considering He honoured and taught that obedience to the Word was paramount to remaining connected to Him, I would say you are wrong in your point above. You would have Jesus, who on this earth proclaim that He faithfully kept His Fathers Law, now imagine Him destroying that which the Father gave to mankind through Christ? Notice in Rev. 11:19

Revelation 11:19
And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Two things stand out in this verse. First, John was given a glimpse into the temple not made with hands and he sees the ark of the covenant. Remember, it contains the Law. The second part of this verse corroborates this understanding in using the same language that was found during the proclamation of God's Law from Mt. Sinai.

God's Law is eternal and there's nothing man can say or do that will change that...

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Considering He honoured and taught that obedience to the Word was paramount to remaining connected to Him, I would say you are wrong in your point above. You would have Jesus, who on this earth proclaim that He faithfully kept His Fathers Law, now imagine Him destroying that which the Father gave to mankind through Christ? Notice in Rev. 11:19

Revelation 11:19
And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Two things stand out in this verse. First, John was given a glimpse into the temple not made with hands and he sees the ark of the covenant. Remember, it contains the Law. The second part of this verse corroborates this understanding in using the same language that was found during the proclamation of God's Law from Mt. Sinai.

God's Law is eternal and there's nothing man can say or do that will change that...
First, notice the version you used states the 'ark of his testament'. Meaning testimony. Who's testimony is in the ark in heaven? The testimony given Moses, or the testimony given Yeshua. They are not the same. One testifies about the other, while the other testifies about himself. One testified that 'the Lord declared', the other testifies about 'my words'. And that if you believed the testimony given Moses you should believe the testimony given by Yeshua, because Moses spoke and testified about Yeshua.

John 5
36 “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. 37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form,
38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.
What works? Works of the Law? Well, the Father has given Yeshua works 'to finish'. The very works that Yeshua did - testified that the Father sent him. Meaning they did not tesitfy about the Law but what the Law promised, that God would send a Savior. Yeshua's works and testimony spoke of Yeshua being sent to into the world, and why. Not about the Law being sent into the world to save you. The Law can not save. It is not eternal. Yeshua is the salvation of God and is an eternal covenant for the peoples.

A few more things you should notice about the ark of the covenant as it relates to Yeshua our Messiah.

Isaiah 42
The Servant of the LORD
1 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations. 2 He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. 3 A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; 4 he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his teaching the islands will put their hope.” 5 This is what God the LORD says— the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out, who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it:

6 “I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,

7 to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. 8 “I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols. 9 See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you.”

Isaiah 49
8 This is what the LORD says: “In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances,
9 to say to the captives, ‘Come out,’ and to those in darkness, ‘Be free!’
Who/what is the vessel of the covenant? A gold box containing stone engravings? You point to the heavenly sanctuary but you place earthly items within it?

And what has the Lord declared about the physicality of the ark 'in those days' when he returns to restore Israel?

Jeremiah 3
14“Return, faithless people,” declares the LORD, “for I am your husband. I will choose you—one from a town and two from a clan—and bring you to Zion. 15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.

16 In those days, when your numbers have increased greatly in the land,” declares the LORD, “people will no longer say, ‘The ark of the covenant of the LORD.’ It will never enter their minds or be remembered; it will not be missed, nor will another one be made.

17 At that time they will call Jerusalem The Throne of the LORD, and all nations will gather in Jerusalem to honor the name of the LORD. No longer will they follow the stubbornness of their evil hearts.
Which is why Jeremiah speaks of a 'new covenant'.

Jeremiah 31
31 “The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

Hebrews 8
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 11 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. 12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” 13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
And why the writer of Hebrews states outright that by making Yeshua a covenant for the people he has made the first covenant obsolete, outdated and soon to disappear. There is a new covenant made and declared by the LORD. It is not like the covenant made with our fathers at Mt. Sinai. It is made on better promises, eternal ones promised from the beginning.

John 14
15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” 22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?” 23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
Isaiah 42:9 ...and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you

Yeshua's commands and teaching, the words Yeshua spoke belong to the Father. That the Spirit would come and be with us 'forever' (eternal covenant), and that we know the Father and Yeshua through the Spirit because he lives with us and is in us. Something only promised in the Law but revealed 'anew' in the new covenant made by Yeshua.

We are rejected IF we reject the commands and teachings of Yeshua. Who commanded us to love above all things and receive the Spirit for the forgiveness of our sins. And taught us to receive His Spirit so God through the words of Yeshua could live with us forever, teaching us of all things heart to heart, Spirit to spirit. A new ministry only foretold by the ministry given Moses.

So you would function the sacrifices even after the feast is accomplished it's purpose? Or do you not believe in the 'once and for all' sacrifice of Yeshua? You believe he was sacrificed so you could continue offering 'other' blood? Is your blood also required to place upon the altar of God? Or is Yeshua's blood enough? And once gathered and presented, you still want to make a spectacle of sacrificing your own life in observance to a Law that only He could keep? God said nobody observes the Law, all have fallen short, yet you think the Spirit was given to breach your gap of observance? When in fact it was given to breach your inability to observe. But you still preach and teach it's observable. Making a mockery of Yeshua's once and for all sacrifice.

Hebrews 10
Christ’s Sacrifice Once for All
1 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; 6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased.

7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scrollI have come to do your will, my God.’ ”

8 First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second.

10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. 15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says: 16 “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” 17 Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”

18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.​

So much here that totally destroys the notion that the Law given Moses was the center of God's will and commands. Don't you believe your sins are forgiven? Then why do you teach that God still demands the observance of the law? It only reminds you of your sins.

Some truths pointed out in Hebrews 10:

The law is not the reality of the good things 'to come'.
The law can not make anyone perfect.
The law is an annual reminder of our sins, not our salvation.
The law can never take away our sins.
When Christ came into the world it was God saying he did not desire nor was pleased with the sacrifices offered 'under the law'.
The will of God for Christ is written in the Law, but obviously is not 'the law' itself.
Though sacrifices and offerings were given in accordance with the law, the Father did not desire nor was pleased with them.
The will of God for Christ sets aside the law and it's sacrificial offerings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

John 6

Romans 8

Does this have something to do with the Sabbath or the Ten Commandments? Or should it be moved to general theology?

Upvote 0