• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What are your feelings on American christianty compared to other places?

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by CounselorForChrist, Nov 10, 2012.

What are your feelings on American christianty compared to other places?

1. America is the BEST. We are perfect!

2. America is pretty good, not to many issues.

3. America is somewhere in the middle.

4. America has gone down hill.

5. America is has just become terrible!

6. Other..... (explain)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. seashale76

seashale76 Orthodox Christian and Unapologetic Iconodule

+3,989
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Who are you guys who voted for him? I didn't vote for him either time, genius. I don't like his politics. However, I don't think he's a terrible person akin to the anti-Christ either.

2. krugerpark

krugerpark Newbie

+46
    Christian
    I'm Canadian

3. seashale76

seashale76 Orthodox Christian and Unapologetic Iconodule

+3,989
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Okay. :dontcare: You do realize that the US has a population of over 300 million people, don't you? Not all of us voted for Obama. Not even most of us voted for him. Blanket generalizations aren't helping your argument here.

4. TheDag

TheDag I don't like titles

+248
    Christian
    Single
    I take it this statement is an acknowledgment that your claim was false and that you can't support it. Any chance you can be a man and say I got it wrong? Sure he might make some bad decisions just like any leader can but that is not the same as swearing revenge on American citizens.

5. Peripatetic

Peripatetic Restless mind, peaceful soul.

+210
    Christian
    Married
    It's interesting to read the differing opinions about the founding fathers of the USA and Christianity. One might argue that early government leaders were Christian in name only, but there certainly was a lot more Christianity intertwined with government back then.

Can you imagine what would happen if President Obama and the Senate made this proclamation?

"Whereas the Senate of the United States, devoutly recognizing the supreme authority and just government of Almighty God in all the affairs of men and of nations, has by a resolution requested the President to designate and set apart a day for national prayer and humiliation"

Well, Abraham Lincoln did just that in 1863, and of course it went through. I'm not sure what would be more appalling to Americans today - recognizing God's authority, or that our "proud" nation should humble itself.

Yes, the USA is in a bad place, but it probably was back then too. Here's another part of Lincoln's proclamation:

"But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us."

Sound familiar? 150 years later, we're in exactly the same situation.

The rest of "Proclamation 97 - Appointing a Day of National Humiliation, Fasting, and Prayer" can be seen here:

Abraham Lincoln: Proclamation 97 - Appointing a Day of National Humiliation, Fasting, and Prayer

6. Avniel

Avniel Doing my part each day by being the best me

+390
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I think we are in the same place because America is not a Christian nation. It is a nation of freedoms and capitalism. Economically America breeds corruption, classism, racism and a man made condition called poverty. Politically the chase for power leads to owing of favors, bedding cooperations and manipulating the government, but that is the nature of politics.

I think when American Christians educate themselves on what politics really are then maybe we have a chance to be a blessed nation.

Sometimesamericans act like we are Israel and we are not. America is another immoral country full of sin like the rest of the nation.

7. krugerpark

krugerpark Newbie

+46
    Christian
    it's like explaining to a sheep that he is being led to a slaughter. No one can open what God has shut and what he has closed, no one can open.

8. krugerpark

krugerpark Newbie

+46
    Christian
    But it wasn't always immoral and corrupt, statistics attest to that. It has gotten much worse over the past 50 years, with many epidemics in the 60's, removal of school prayer, STD's, abortions, teenage pregnancies

The goal shouldn't be to educate American Christians on politics, it should be to educate them on the bible. Politics is childs play to the people of God. All over the Old Testament God placed his people into positions of power in all kinds of countries. There are stories of gentiles too, like Job. I believe that a person who has a true biblical world view sees the path forward very clearly whereas the world is very muddled.

for example, most of the population seems to think debt is an ok thing and probably a good thing now. The bible says the opposite. Separating yourself from this culture is simple but not easy.

9. CounselorForChrist

CounselorForChrist Senior Veteran

+203
    Christian
    Private
    I can admit I voted for Obama the first time through because at the time I thought of him as the lesser evil compared to the other guy. This time through Romney was the lesser evil.