What are your feelings on American christianty compared to other places?

What are your feelings on American christianty compared to other places?

• America is the BEST. We are perfect!

• America is pretty good, not to many issues.

• America is somewhere in the middle.

• America has gone down hill.

• America is has just become terrible!

• Other..... (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
He didn't?

I remember hearing it from him. Are you saying that somehow someone lip synced the 47% comment?
No, it's more complicated than that. Someone lip synced the comment, then lip synced the apology.

Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He didn't?

I remember hearing it from him. Are you saying that somehow someone lip synced the 47% comment?

He never said he didn't care about them. That assertion is completely made up. He said they consider themselves victims. His goal was to fix the economy to the point where they could get jobs, provide for themselves and not be victims anymore.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
He never said he didn't care about them. That assertion is completely made up. He said they consider themselves victims. His goal was to fix the economy to the point where they could get jobs, provide for themselves and not be victims anymore.

He says and I quote, "and so my job is not to worry about those people."

That's good enough for me that he doesn't care about 47% of people. So I didn't worry about voting for him in the election. I voted for Obama and stand by that vote.

Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

He also said he wanted to fix the economy and get everyone good jobs. If you want a job, you should have voted for him ;)

Since this thread is supposed to be about Christianity, I won't post any more regarding politics, since it really has nothing to do with religion.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
He also said he wanted to fix the economy and get everyone good jobs. If you want a job, you should have voted for him ;)

Since this thread is supposed to be about Christianity, I won't post any more regarding politics, since it really has nothing to do with religion.

This will be my last comment regarding politics.

I felt Obama was the better candidate overall and will do what he can in order to promote job growth all the while making sure that social programs remain and not gutted.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If politics are nothing to do with Christianity, why are there thousands of posts from Christians insisting that the events of Revelation are being played out right here, right now (with of course Obama cast as the AntiChrist)? And why was much of this election to do with Romney and the Christian vote?

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This will be my last comment regarding politics.

I felt Obama was the better candidate overall and will do what he can in order to promote job growth all the while making sure that social programs remain and not gutted.
:amen:

Upvote 0

krugerpark

Oct 16, 2012
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian

That's good enough for me that he doesn't care about 47% of people. So I didn't worry about voting for him in the election. I voted for Obama and stand by that vote.

this doesn't surprise me. Obama is on a mandate to destroy America, has passed laws to circumvent the constitution, and in his second term has vowed revenge on the American people

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
the truth is the truth no matter whos mouth it comes from

I don't believe that the truth is coming from your mouth, I really do not.

Obama was the better candidate overall, it's why he won. Besides, God puts people into power that will forward His will, whether that person does good or bad, it's His will be done.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you are entitled to your opinion

And all you have done is provide opinion. personally so what if he has tried to bypass the constitution. the question should be was that the right thing to do. that is all matters. seems some forget that the laws of the USA are not the same thing as God's laws. some may match but we are called to follow God first. while i wouldn't know as mich as a person who closely follows politics i know enough to see obama was the better candidate. that possibly could be because romney did not mention his policies enough or sell them better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
this doesn't surprise me. Obama is on a mandate to destroy America, has passed laws to circumvent the constitution, and in his second term has vowed revenge on the American people
And this is in writing .. where?

Upvote 0
Hetta said:
And this is in writing .. where?

Head in the sand much? One of Obamas last re election speeches was on, a vote for him being the best way to get revenge.
Since you support him, I'm surprised you missed that speech. As to his tearing down the Constitution , that's obvious too, if you've been watching him these last four years.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Head in the sand much? One of Obamas last re election speeches was on, a vote for him being the best way to get revenge.
Since you support him, I'm surprised you missed that speech. As to his tearing down the Constitution , that's obvious too, if you've been watching him these last four years.
except if one makes a claim it is accepted practice that you provide support for those views. At no point in time did Obama swear revenge on the American people which is what the claim was. Yes he did make what appears to be an off the cuff remark in response to the crowd. Yes he had been using the 'Don't boo vote' line but to claim the rest was a planned scripted comment is to make claims with no fact to base it on. To claim that line as evidence he plans to take revenge on the American people is real head in the sand stuff. Basic comprehension skills tells you that. The claim is false.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
None are perfect as christians, but in America many have fallen from a good christian path in just how much we accept things and make reasons as to why its ok to participate in things we really shouldn't be. From what we watch, what we do, how we act, where we go...etc.

I am bringing my fiance (well bride in less then 3 months) to America for the first time next year and I am slightly nervous about it because for lack of better terms, I don't want to show her what Christianity is like in America. Every time we talk, we discuss the things we do in our countries (shes in the Philippines). When she talks its awkward sometimes because most of the stuff they do to Focus on God we don't really do.

They don't accept alot of worldly things. They even banned Lady Gaga from singing there. They don't understand why we need media to keep us busy, why we focus on sports, why we seem to focus on pretty much everything but God at times. Of course she isn't saying they are better christians, but they are more laid back and focused all the time. We here are fast paced and would forget our heads if not attached.

I've talked to a few people so far who have spouse from her country (or even other countries) and a good portion of them said their spouse enjoyed America at first but after awhile wanted them to move to the Philippines because they didn't feel the deep spirituality here like they do there. Where as a small percentage found their spouse became like every other american and lost their focus on God.

Grant it America is also a melding pot of people, views and other things so of course its not 100% christian or christian based. Hence why we have so many wordly things around us. But I still feel weird about her coming here. My plan is if she doesn't like I will move to her country instead. And honestly, after Obama won again I don't know if I really want to live here anymore. The future of the country in general concerns me.

I say this all to because many here know I was struggling for years with things as a christian. And now that my life is relatively back in order as a christian I can see how I got sucked into what we do here compared to what we should be doing. America is still the best country obviously because of a few things. I get healthcare and government help. I can be a christian freely. But at what price. And at what price for my fiance and our possible future children.

I don't even know if this topic really had a point. I just needed to talk to people and let out how I am feeling. And yes I realize not all christians/chrsitianty is like this. But when you look at her country, there is a obvious difference. They don't even allow divorce. Just enullments (which is like at 0.4% a year there).

No matter what though I stay strong in God and have faith that no matter what occurs God will guide us together. I will not let fear rule my life because then I am just letting the devil win. I just want to be a good christian husband for her and do what the bible says about making sure as husbands we do not lead our wives astray. And in this country, theres alot that can pull and tug at us to lose track of things.

---EDIT---
I say everything above from a christian perspective. Not a perspective or how America is in terms of freedom and all that. Because obviously theres alot to be thankful for as Americans.

As a Christian, i see American Christianity closely related to the Cultures philosophies on living . Nowadays, i see very little holiness in Christian Churches or with Christians outside of church, lots of sexual immorality , discreet shackin' up , inappropriate dress by women mostly, and an overall lack of surrender to the Lordship of Christ even though people may attend Church regularly and use Gods name in conversation. I also see alot of professed Christians following secular Science on the origin of the Universe instead of owning what God clearly says in Genesis 1 , Psalm 33 and Psalm 148 .... that he made everything suddenly, completely, fully formed and fully functioning right from the start , and not piece-mealed in some slow wasteful process .

I see our Culture having impacted our Christian churches severely, instead of the other way around. And I see Satan having made great inroads into Christendom decieving many and luring people away from total allegiance to Christ .

There is , however, still a remnant of Christian Churches that havent gone the way of the World ... but it has dwindled and continues to.

Upvote 0