Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you and your spouse read together? I grew up with parents who read together. My dad and mom would sit all snuggled up together reading the same book...We used to tease them but I think I understand why they did it now...it was time together.

I have so many favourite books, and my husband has many too; but we have never read together.
Probably my all time favourite is Anne of Green Gables.
A few others: The Giver, The Book Thief, To Kill a Mockingbird, and that's just off the top of my head. ☺

Reactions: mama2one

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Jane Austen, the Tom Clancy series, Anything by Charles Dickens and J, R. R. Tolkien.

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My wife asked that I read to her when we started dating. We found out we both like Herman Charles Bosman's stories. These are homespun South African tales that are often surprising.
Subsequently I read her John Toland's Rising Sun, about WWII.

I have continued to read to her during our married life intermittently since. She has insomnia, so it helps her sleep sometimes. She liked Le petit Nicholas books, in English translation, which are similar to Bosman. Her favourite book though, is the Afrikaans novel Kringe in 'n bos. As I am a history buff, often I read her a history book - she is fine with that as long as it is a narrative one.
I've read her CS Lewis and Dostoyevsky, but what she really enjoys are more children's stories such as Paddington Bear - which I can read to our children, too. She also has a penchant for thrillers, quite on the other end of the spectrum, so I've read Robert Gailbraith's detective stories and Sieg Larssen's trilogy to her as well.

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I have very different reading appetites. She likes reading fiction on her phone, and I'm into hard-copy non fiction (primarily history).
But we don't watch TV at night much anymore, so it is cool to share a room reading..

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I really enjoyed Francis Chan's Crazy Love, Forgotten God, and Erasing Hell

Fiction wise - Lord of The Rings, Jurassic Park, and the Narnia series.

Admittedly, I'm more of a comic guy than a novel guy (incognito...couldn't resist).

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0